It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes, lets talk about it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I named mine mojo....the last thing i wanted to do was lose my mojo.

He was a special little guy

Their life span is about 40 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I have two black snakes that seem, to have a routine. I see them travel north across the property to a wooded area that is just like any other area on the homestead. Why they go there? I don't know, and then in the evening they come back the same way.

Yesterday I was watering the banana trees and one of them came up right beside me, so I gave it some water. It was hot enough to cook a whole chicken placed in a roaster in the sun.

The two of them travel together. One just about 15 seconds after the other. I live in the woods, so I have plenty of snakes, but these two have been around for a couple of years. My dogs have super prey drive, but they are so used to these two that they barely pay attention to them. Now it is not the same with the black racers. Why? I have no idea.

link   

I don't handle snakes of any kind, mostly due to some susceptibility i have for certain infections. If i intend to removing a snake from this world, ill shoot it with a shotgun, or take its head with a shovel or something. If i intend to leave it in this world, i just walk away.

This chick that worked for us 2 years ago scooped a rattler up out of the pool once with a towel. Dropped the towel on top of it, then grabbed the ends, liffted it, and started twirling it up so it was in a pouched. Then banged it against the curb until the towel was bloody. I was in awe. If i wasn't married, i'd have asked her out after that.

link   
The Burmese pythons in Florida that are classified as an invasive species are not so cute...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
That's your fault. Why would you watch that? I have never seen one. Weirdo.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I never tear down spider webs.
They are an essential part of our existance.

If I want to talk snakes, there is new world snakes and old world snakes, when the continents separated, everything changed, corn snakes and garter snakes are new, a python is an old world snake...they have thousands of years on us.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Snakes are cool.. They eat rodents= less ticks.

I gather venomous snakes from urban areas in the summer time, and drive em up further away from people, do not want to see them killed..

Also adopted an adult Boa constrictor, he lived with me for 19 years, and will adopt another one if i see that someone is going to give it away.

He was not tame, or nice, quite the opposite, but a beautiful animal that just pretty much did not want to be disturbed.

edit on 13-7-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I had a Burmese, they are gentle giants and 0 fear of them....hence my thread.
People need to quit being scared, I fear your cat before i fear any snake.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mojo..I like it!

Some of my tarantulas can live 30 years or so, maybe a bit more..if they are girls. And all appear to be.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

By the way if you do need to kill em, please be sure to destroy the head/brain completely, a severed head can live for some time, like in alligator farms for example they probe the brain, because reptiles are good at not dying.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I never tear down spider webs.
They are an essential part of our existance.

If I want to talk snakes, there is new world snakes and old world snakes, when the continents separated, everything changed, corn snakes and garter snakes are new, a python is an old world snake...they have thousands of years on us.

It's the same with Tarantula's old world and new world. The old world T's are much more skittish, and apt to strike. New world are generally pretty docile, they defend by kicking hairs more than striking, striking is a last resort.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mousse7714
a reply to: mamabeth
That's your fault. Why would you watch that? I have never seen one. Weirdo.

Ha, was going to reply the same!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I trained all my snakes to not poop on me.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My Tarantula species..after 8 years here still cannot figue out posting pics

www.tarantulapets.com...
www.youtube.com... this shows how docile they generally are.
www.mymonsters.co.za...
www.youtube.com... Another showing how non aggressive..not close to full grown yet
tarantulafriendly.com...
en.wikipedia.org... This one is a hair kicker, wants nothing to do with anyone, just kicks hairs and stomps away

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I trained all my snakes to not poop on me.

Opus shat on one of my buds once..lol, they he yawned..haha

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

where i live we have rattlesnakes, copperheads, water mocaison,

We have all of the above here, too, and they also die if I see them for the same reason (pets), but I rarely see venomous snakes.

There's a Northern water snake that lives in the pond, and a few king snakes around, too.

Those moccasins and rattlers are mean as # though. I was driving to work one afternoon and there was a rattler in the middle of the road I live on. As I slowed down to see what kind it was, that mf struck at the wheel of my car. So, I backed up and ran over his ass. It was huge.

I was hiking at the local state park one time and came across a moccasin on the path. That thing actually charged us.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
A friend of mine had a pet rattlesnake, god knows why. It was the most miserable creature, did not want to be in a tank. Hell, just turning the light on in the room got it quite agitated.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Screw that, lol.

When I was a kid there was a man by the name of Okefenokee Joe, who would come to the library every so often for a snake show. He had all kinds of snakes, but the finale was a rattler. Took it out of its cage and put it on a pedestal or something, and as he was educating us he would walk back and forth in from of the thing, about 2-3 feet away, and every time he walked by that mf struck at him.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

A northern water snake looks very much like a water moccasin, the colors and markings are very similar.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mousse7714

One was posted here on ATS a few years ago.I did
watch a couple of others because I was trying to
wrap my head around the fact that snakes need to
eat too.The snake had no malice towards their prey
and dispatched them rather quickly.It was a little
comforting to know the animals didn't suffer very long.

I can't say the same thing about some people who like
to do very bad things to small animals.The snake would
be more humane then the sick human.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join