It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Rejects All Major China Claims in South China Sea .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Nonsense, go on some investment forums sometimes and people will pipe in about good defense stocks to go into when war talk is brought up. They will be just fine since it is an all volunteer military while other people do the dirty work.

We need to bring the draft back and make them have some skin in the game.

Like good stock when a pandemic brakes out, or just about anything else? You going to draft a 60 year old...lol, so unless these evil rich are well under 30 not really going to happen. BTW high 30s is considered very old in the military.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So has New Zealand invaded yet?
Australia?

????

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why is USA playing world police again ?
For the sake of the world please do not put China up in a corner, it will end badly for all of us.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................... it will if the West don't stamp on the Commies like they did with the Soviet Union before it's too late.

What's wrong with taking out the Chinese before they take over the world? Hitler, Stalin, they all got the same treatmet.................... Plus we get our western cities buzzing again by STARTING TO MANUFACTURE THINGS again instead of getting Asian wage slaves to do it for us and their slave masters in th CCP

Nope, those manufacturers are not coming back. The greedy business men are pushing for this war to begin with because China is a threat to the safe passage of ships to other slave labor countries.

While you are completely correct regarding the "greedy businessmen" certain sectors of manufacturing are coming back both here in UK and USA too. For example we just had Black & Decker bring back power tool manufacturing from asia and start producing again here in UK Yorkshire by heavy development and investment in robotics that makes it cost effective to make the products here again
As robotics increasingly take over we will get our industry back for sure. Whether this is good for the average man in the street who has been replaced by a robot who knows, but things are returning

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Spacespider

Defeatist make me Sick . Communism Needs to be Destroyed in China even if it Means WAR . The Shipping Lanes in the South China Sea Will Remain Open to All Trading Nations .................

I approve of this message, and given the open war, I will throw my meat to the grinder. I am 34 so hopefully this gets started quickly so I can still enlist. Got to give my grand-kids a war hero story of dead grandpa in the pacific otherwise the next generation won't know anything about walking fifteen miles in the snow to school uphill both ways!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Mutually assured destruction (MAD) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two or more opposing sides would cause the complete annihilation of both the attacker and the defender.

And guess what side Russia gonna take.. they will prob just take US because nothing left to defend after China subs have destroyed most of US.

They have 6 subs that can get within range of the US with about 12 nukes each and we have 1000s that are in range of China in one way or another. Their subs would do a good amount damage, IF their missiles got through our defenses, fat chance if we are 100% active, but the annihilation you are talking about would be one sided.

Who cares about that, it is too late to put the nukes back or block enemy nukes. US specifically signed treaties to allow other nations to have nukes to prevent WW3 in other countries soil let alone America as a deterrence. That would be a major treaty breaking if Chinese subs are forbidden to move out of land.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'm telling yall. We are living in a dystopia or democracy completely failed leaving the rich unchecked.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I approve of this message, and given the open war, I will throw my meat to the grinder. I am 34 so hopefully this gets started quickly so I can still enlist. Got to give my grand-kids a war hero story of dead grandpa in the pacific otherwise the next generation won't know anything about walking fifteen miles in the snow to school uphill both ways!

What a stupid thing to say! War is not a videogame, but you your grand kids to have a war hero story!

Seriously?

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Why is USA playing world police again ?
For the sake of the world please do not put China up in a corner, it will end badly for all of us.

This isn't a matter of playing world police - this is a matter of not acknowledging that China has rights to claim and control territories which, by international treaties which they are party to, they do not.

If the US and other nations recognize their clains as legitimate, it means any nation who wishes to claim free international waters as their own simply by plopping down an artificial island every 12 nautical miles. A tall order, to be sure, but if we recognize China's claims as legitimate, it woukd be seen as a direct attack on several other nations, who would then lose the right of free passage through the South China Sea. Whether that means those nations would be closed off to international maritime trade, or be required to pay fees to China to pass through, if recognized, they would be within their rights to do so anywhere, anytime.

If you are a proponent of allowing China to lay claim to free, international waters, realize that you are also making yourself a proponent of destroying or at least decimating several other nations, who will no longer be allowed free passage. Either no passage, or pay China to bbn pass through. Only China will have rights of free passage. Does this seem right?

You are then, also, advocating for opening up all nations of the world to be boxed in if China so desires. An artificial island every 12 miles, following the Alaskan coastline, dow⅜n through Canada's and the US's West coasts, all the way thru Central and South America.

In this scenario, where the world willingly chooses to hand over the world's oceans to China, we would effectively have to disband our Navy, or simply keep them only at home ports. With the US territory only reaching 12 miles off the coast, China could now position military bases 12.1 miles off of our coast, and they would be perfectly within their rights.

Once the boxed in the Americas, Europe, the rsst of the Asian nations, Australia, Russia, India and the Middle-East on all sides, all imports and exports would cease, except for those which China chooses to allow.

At that point, we would have no choice but to go to war. It would be all affected nations against China - but remember, under this policy kf appeasement, China would likely have military bases parked just outaide of 12 miles away from every nation on the planet if they so desired.

Do we all get to claim whatever parts of the ocean we wish by throwing down artificial islands? Or is it only China who gets to lay claim to 71% of the surface area of Earth (besides their own land), completely unopposed? Do the citizens of all other nations starve and run out of energy and other mecessities through this policy of installing China as the de facto owners of the world, or do we ask them to agree to allow us scraps at least, after turning over the world's oceans to them?

Personally, I think we would be better off giving Alaska to China if we're that hell-bent on propping China up, before granting our blessing for them to effortlessly seize control of the world's shared oceans. At least we would still survive (figuratively, as a nation, and literally, as individuals )

I'm hoping you were just unaware of the repercussions of converting free international waters into Chinese sovereign territory, because I don't think anyone in their right mind would look at it as anythingnless than an existential threat, and a war more impactful that WWI and WW2 combined. If we're going to roll over so easily, we might as well disbsnd all militaries of the world except for China's,

OR...how about we start building artifical islands surrounding China? If its acceptable to do so and results in conversion of free international waters into sovereign territory of the nation wbich built said island, we (the US) should do just that. Allow Chinese shipping vessels to pass beyond more than 12 miles off their coast, but charge msssive tributes to do so. Eliminate income and property tax and usher in a golden age, paid for by China. Better to be the ones staking claims than to sit idly by while China takes over the world's lceans without firing a single shot.

We (the rest of the world outside of China) are not doing enough to stop this. We must continue to make clear their claims will remain unrecognized and condemn any further building a nd making of claims. We also need to tell China that the first time any other nation's ship is hindered or attacked cruising through the waters in question, all trade with China will cease, all Chinese nationals abroad will be arrested, and all national debts owned by China will be permanently canceled.

I've gone full-bore long winded, and I think anyone who's made it this far can tell my jaw hot the floor when I read the post I'm replying to. I've already, while writing this, prayed to God that, as stupid and anti-American as most US politicians are, they aren't stupid enough to give away the world's oceans to China, causing irreparable harm to every other nation on Earth.

This isn't the US llaying world police - it is the US responding FAR too gently and tactfully to one of the most obvious and outward acts of war the world has seen in decades.

Territorial Disputes in the South China Sea

An estimated US$3.37 trillion worth of global trade passes through the South China Sea annually,[1] which accounts for a third of the global maritime trade.[2] 80 percent of China's energy imports and 39.5 percent of China's total trade passes through the South China Sea.

One piece of good news, the world can simply boycott these moves by ceasing to export energy products to China which currently run thru the SCS. 89.5% if their energy imports ceased overnight, and until they donate the artificial islands to be used as free access to all international parks. I say if they do this, plus apologize publicly and profusely, begging for the world's forgiveness for their arrogance, complete and total lack of honor, and flagrant flaunting of international law (they need to use those words), then the rest of the world will continue trading with them, though their goods will carry a 300% tarriff for 10 years to help pay for an international peacekeeping force who will ensure no nation ever tries stealing shared international territory as their own.

This is a culture who takes great pride in "winning" video games by cheating with hacks - no care for skill or effort. Cheating and believing rules and laws apply to everyone but them. Its not time to appease and reward them. Its time to sit them down and rap their knuckles with a spiked ruler.
edit on 7/19/2020 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

This is a culture who takes great pride in "winning" video games by cheating with hacks - no care for skill or effort. Cheating and believing rules and laws apply to everyone but them. Its not time to appease and reward them. Its time to sit them down and rap their knuckles with a spiked ruler.

After writing all that, you had go end the post with the rubbish above! This is a culture who takes great pride in "winning" video games by cheating with hacks???? Seriously? Thst is not China's culture, but your own belief in what China's culture is.

Absolutly unbelievable!.

How do governments get their nation to go to war? Make their nation believe that the country they are going to war with is filled with no individual people. That they all think the same and act the same. It's easy for people to go to war when the do not look at the "enemy" as individual people.

What country are you from
edit on 19-7-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'm telling yall. We are living in a dystopia or democracy completely failed leaving the rich unchecked.

Too right mate
and as I always think on these situations could be living in Syria or Venezuela right now and things really aint that bad

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
Dont forget the fifteen mile walk to school in the snow, uphill both ways!! These Florida Hills and snow are killer in the city.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey, I know it's fund to argue about ships and war but why don't a few of you go over to the thread on Three Gorges Dam?

It's getting no attention.

It's just a little issue about a dam breaking that could turn China into an ocean. Which I suppose would solve most of the shipping issues.

But all sarcasm aside, I would really like some opinions on what's happening. This is a big event everyone is pretending isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Jay-morris
Dont forget the fifteen mile walk to school in the snow, uphill both ways!! These Florida Hills and snow are killer in the city.

Not a very good answer, as I expected.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So has New Zealand invaded yet?
Australia?

????

Guess not.
Not even concerned about their back yard eh?
Typical.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
That would be a major treaty breaking if Chinese subs are forbidden to move out of land.

I'm not sure your point as your statement here has nothing to do with what I wrote. We can destroy the missiles once they are launched...

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
How dare China start doing what the U.S has spent a century doing.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join