It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Rejects All Major China Claims in South China Sea .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Mutually assured destruction (MAD) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two or more opposing sides would cause the complete annihilation of both the attacker and the defender.

And guess what side Russia gonna take.. they will prob just take US because nothing left to defend after China subs have destroyed most of US.

They have 6 subs that can get within range of the US with about 12 nukes each and we have 1000s that are in range of China in one way or another. Their subs would do a good amount damage, IF their missiles got through our defenses, fat chance if we are 100% active, but the annihilation you are talking about would be one sided.

edit on 13-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I wouldn't worry about China too much. As soon as that dictator dies gonna be a big vacuum.

800 million that were extreme poverty have tasted what a better life is like. There is no way getting the genie back in the bottle as they decide that maybe Communism is not the best.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If you believe war with China is necessary, put your $ where your mouth is and sign up your children to go die in a war to protect "our interests".

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
If you believe war with China is necessary, put your $ where your mouth is and sign up your children to go die in a war to protect "our interests".

I don't think the military takes children, so no way to sign them up, I think that is China... Just saying

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If you want to be a smart aleck about it, parents can sign their children up for military service at age 17.

And your children will always be your children no matter how old they are.
edit on 13-7-2020 by Psilocyborg because: America must be destroyed by Gwar

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Spacespider

China isn't a threat to anyone that doesn't share a border with them.

Says the Wuflu.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg

If you want to be a smart aleck about it, parents can sign their children up for military service at age 17.

And your children will always be your children no matter how old they are.

I was just playing smartass against smartass...

BTW if the 17 year old "wants" to join they also need a signature from their parents as guardians. Parents can't just sign them up because they feel like it...lol

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Why is USA playing world police again ?
For the sake of the world please do not put China up in a corner, it will end badly for all of us.

I am from England but I have to pull you up on that, letting China get away with all it want's is what will end badly for all of us, curtailing them NOW is the only way to ensure peace before they become TOO powerful to stop, that mean's the US has to reclaim it's title as the world's pre-eminent super power and world policeman even if that step's on some peoples toes, (Merkal etc) since other's think that is for them in the future especially those with grand ambitions.

The US NEEDS to consider more before deploying troop's just so some arms company can boost it's sales BUT it is a necessary stabilizing influence in the world so long as it does not then abuse it's power (something that can be levelled very squarely at the CIA in the past for it's many more than questionable behaviours that did not actually benefit the US - this is not a critique of the service itself or it's agent's many of whom are good men and woman - though of course not all like any force in the world - but of some past members and there questionable judgement and leadership).

This is a necessary action since China is growing ever more belligerent and aggressive, the US is the GOOD GUY almost always, that is not a fallacy despite anti US sentiment in the world, they always have anger toward the greatest power regardless of whom it is or if they are good or bad because it is always convenient to have someone to magnify yourself against.

China is currently out of hand, picking fight's with India, expanding into the south China sea and destroying corral reef fisheries causing a major food source to die because they wanted to build a base on an area of the sea that they did not own and they are also thinking that they are more powerful than they really are showing that they are poor student's of Tsun Tsu at best.

edit on 13-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Time for the world to teach China a lesson they will never forget.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Do you believe this is going to be a land war? This is going to be cyber attack against cyber attack, economic battles, and if the conspiracy is to be believed, biological warfare. A few of China's neighbors would have concerns of a physical conflict I'm sure, but when it comes to anything that could be done against the US, it's most likely not going to be physical.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh no that paper tiger will crumble at the real US military might. For the last 20 years the USA has been using its pinky finger, should China turn America's war machine on, we will make their manufacturing base look like child's play and they will crumple. Why do you think they released COVID on our country? They can't take us on any other way, if they want to play big Navy, well I say let's go out there and see how big they really are. Recognize Taiwan and capture those islands, I think that would be a great payback for what has been done to our nation by the enemy.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It truly would. The only people China could successfully attack/threaten are it's neighbors, they're all looking to expand their naval capabilities. India want reliable 2nd strike capabilities, China isn't all that far ahead in the grand scheme of things considering how aggressively they've "adopted" foreign technologies and practices.

If national survival came to an issue I think western nations will happily allow them (Asia) to annihilate themselves.

I mean they're less developed and individually use next to no resources compared to your typical westerner. That's changing fast... It wouldn't surprise me if this is for internal propaganda, China needs trade.

Slightly off topic but I don't see a communist China in 50 years, one way or another it has to change.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was a youngin and didn't understand 9/11 and why we got involved in the middle east, then I grew up a bit and opposed our policing.

But now, china is a legitimate threat and infiltrated our universities and stole our tech for years.

This is a war I'll get behind and one I'll sign up to fight. They've screwed my childrens' future and their communistic universities would've rot my childrens' brains.

Let's Go! After that, we go and take back the White House from the traitors that enabled the whole thing since JFK.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties

I have a few friends from the mainland Email :

YUP!
My wife has already heard from her family there.
Of-course the CCP is saying we want a war and they can beat America in 2 hours.

Her father just said yesterday that many important CCP members and academics have been given access to fallout shelters.
He is to old for them to care about, he heard this from younger academic's he had trained and they respect him.

You want to know my reaction?
Let them fire the first shot, have it recorded digitally and then Kick Their Ass Back The The Stone Age!
But that is just me.

My response : If I had to bet I would guess it will start with them again trying to ram one of our ships in the S. China sea. They will push as hard as they think they can get away with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why is USA playing world police again ?
For the sake of the world please do not put China up in a corner, it will end badly for all of us.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................... it will if the West don't stamp on the Commies like they did with the Soviet Union before it's too late.

What's wrong with taking out the Chinese before they take over the world? Hitler, Stalin, they all got the same treatmet.................... Plus we get our western cities buzzing again by STARTING TO MANUFACTURE THINGS again instead of getting Asian wage slaves to do it for us and their slave masters in th CCP

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Defeatist make me Sick . Communism Needs to be Destroyed in China even if it Means WAR . The Shipping Lanes in the South China Sea Will Remain Open to All Trading Nations .................

Even if it means war? Easy for you to say in the comfort of your own home. Amazes me how easily people throw the world war around, like it's a videogame or a movie!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Absolutely. If only the Brits would have let Hitler have the Sudatenland, we could have avoided WWII.........Wait.......what?......

Yeah because China are invading other countries, just like Germany right? Could it be the fact that China is surround by American bases?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Appeasement is not the answer.
We have been doing that for too long and it only makes them more bold.
They steal anything that they can get their hands on, didn't they have a spy in dianne Feinsteins camp?

edit on 13060000007 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The generals don't give the orders to push the buttons, those come from politicians and in China the politicians are the wealthy ruling elite with way too much to lose.

How conditioned are you? All people who hold power crave control, and of course power. You think your government give a crap about you or your family? All they care about is youfalling in line and being a nice little patriot.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smarties
a reply to: Smarties

The United States champions a free and open Indo-Pacific. Today we are strengthening U.S. policy in a vital, contentious part of that region — the South China Sea. We are making clear: Beijing’s claims to offshore resources across most of the South China Sea are completely unlawful, as is its campaign of bullying to control them.

www.state.gov...

Seriously? It's about control and power. You think China went into Tibeat to free the people? You think America went into, or were involved in the invasion of Iraq, Libya and Yemen, or the people?

It's all BS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join