It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifteen-year-old boy dies of the Black Death in Mongolia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It seems we are seeing the emergence of diseases that were around a long time ago killing many millions of people. I wonder if this thing will spread?? Can only be defeated if treated in the 24 hours after being infected. Lets hope this is just a one off, like the cases in Kazakstan.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Fifteen-year-old boy dies of the Black Death in Mongolia amid increasing fears of an outbreak

A boy aged 15 has died from bubonic plague in Mongolia as dozens of people who contacted him are in isolation over the deadly disease. The fatality comes as Russia and China were warned that they are vulnerable to the spread of the Black Death. The unnamed teenager had a high fever after eating marmot meat with two friends. He died three days after eating the rodent meat, according to reports.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

OMG, WTF are people still eating rodents for!

Rodents are plagued with a plethora of diseases.

Here’s some simple logic, if you eat a rodent, you will most likely get sick and or die.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hopefully The Good Old Days aren't coming back.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Bubonic plague pops up from time to time. Its not an uncommon disease. I think it popped up in New Mexico last year.

its easily treated with antibiotics. This poor kid must not have had adequate treatment in time. But we aren't seeing anything new here.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Unlike Europe's disastrous bubonic plague epidemic, the plague is now curable in most cases, as long as antibiotics are administered within 24 hours of the first symptoms.

Poor sod RIP.

edit on 13-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
CDC on the Plague in the US.

Over 80% of United States plague cases have been the bubonic form. In recent decades, an average of seven human plague cases have been reported each year (range: 1–17 cases per year). Plague has occurred in people of all ages (infants up to age 96), though 50% of cases occur in people ages 12–45. It occurs in both men and women, though historically is slightly more common among men, probably because of increased outdoor activities that put them at higher risk.

7 a year on average here and it's easily curable. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

OMG, WTF are people still eating rodents for!

Rodents are plagued with a plethora of diseases.

Here’s some simple logic, if you eat a rodent, you will most likely get sick and or die.

You know, people in other countries, eat different things, especially poor countries.

"You'd be surprised what you will eat, when you are hungry enough". That a quote from a friend of mine, who escaped Cambodia.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

would we have noticed this death in the United States was not in the midst of a covid-19 epidemic?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
would we have noticed this death in the United States was not in the midst of a covid-19 epidemic?

We should have regardless because Black Death Deaths Matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Rats on a stick, Rats on a stick, get your rats on a stick....

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Groundhogs/marmots in Mongolia are known to have the plague, this is not news.

Michael Palin went there in the late 1990s and they hunted and ate one there and he joked about it being a possibility.

This just in: Water is Wet!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This was pretty much my stance until I thought about it.

In the US, probably not a big concern and it certainly happens. Really, in any area with a more modern medical apparatus.

In some of these areas around the world though.. I dont know.. How much access do some of them have to "basic" things like antibiotics?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Bubonic plague pops up from time to time. Its not an uncommon disease. I think it popped up in New Mexico last year.

its easily treated with antibiotics. This poor kid must not have had adequate treatment in time. But we aren't seeing anything new here.

Yep. It wasn't unusual for us to get a few sputum samples to be sent to the state health department for pnuemonic plague testing when a patient came in with pneumonia of unknown origin. New Mexico has several rodent borne illnesses that rear up from time to time.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Holy smokes! It looks like the plague has arrived in the United States. Colorado to be exact.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Research how many cases of "The Black Death" there are in the US yearly.
Surprising , isn't it ?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about the possible Pneumonic Plague that's seems to be coming from China. It's being covered in THIS THREAD. A few cases every year isn't a big deal, but when reports of an outbreak of plague in China got buried quickly by the media alarm bells should be going off for everyone everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Holy smokes! It looks like the plague has arrived in the United States. Colorado to be exact.

www.foxnews.com...

It happens every year.

2015: Plague Confirmed In Squirrel Found In Golden, CO

Plague: CDC

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you cooked this thing properly would you still catch the disease, like well done? And what about the other two, how are they after eating it

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton

I would rather presume that the virus is concentrated in the lymph nodes (like Nipah and/or Ebola) and it is sloppy handling of these that contaminates the meat instead of just temperatures.

They think 2018 Nipah outbreak n India was bat urine in open juice jars!! That is how little is needed!!

Was going to point out Colorado as another “hot spot” just a few years ago.

Final thoughts, if a small rodent is easy to catch by you, chances are other things have also caught it!!

Don’t eat rodents!! Yes, including rabbits!!

Now where did I leave my pizza???

edit on 13-7-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Major edit!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It's not viral. That's why antibiotics work.

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join