It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump condemns private Texas border wall built by his supporters 'to make me look bad'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Pretty ungrateful if you ask me. These are your supporters, use that enthusiasm? But his ego seems to be far more important.

Donald Trump has criticised a group of his supporters who privately financed and built a wall along the US-Mexico border in South Texas earlier this year because the wall is already deteriorating from erosion.

The privately-funded wall was "only done to make me look bad," the president tweeted on Sunday - despite the group, “We Build the Wall,” raising $25million in two years to erect it, in a show of support for Mr Trump's immigration and border security initiatives.

The group first launched its fundraising effort during the government shutdown of December 2018 when Congress would not agree to fund Mr Trump's wall proposal.

South

The source of his comment from twitter here.

The wall in question:

I mean what does he really expect from a private donation backed project of this size? And maybe instead of winging, he should look at himself. He had 3.5 years to sort it out, half of which he had Republican majorities in both houses of congress. Heck, I even had little problem with him taking the funding out of the Pentagon. I'd much rather it go to a border wall than to bombs overseas. What was it? $25 billion? And he couldn't source any of that from the $3 trillion plus debt that accumulated over his term? It's almost as if he's moved on now from what was his flagship campaign promise.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
YAWN 😪😪

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
and yet another spelling mistake, perhsps he does not have auto correct

who can he blame for that?

edit on 12-7-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: context

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
YAWN 😪😪

2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yawn has become contagious... 3rd.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Theres already a mud pit thread about this.

And also...

....still voting Trump.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

but were you democrats , main stream media and anti trump people claiming that he "never built the wall" every chance you got?

now he did?

man you cant even keep your TDS rants straight

but we can and shows how / why he is winning

scrounger

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Pretty ungrateful if you ask me. These are your supporters, use that enthusiasm? But his ego seems to be far more important.

He went from foreign collusion with Russia and blackmailing Ukraine to get dirt on an opponent to this new scandal.

Now he's "pretty ungrateful".

In the history of villains never has there been such a disappointment and I do not recommend.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sounds pretty crappy on the surface but let's face it, does anyone really want a wall?
edit on 1272020 by Wide-Eyes because: Autocorrect bs

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

edit on 1272020 by Wide-Eyes because: Whoopsie double. Walls keep people in as well as out...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sounds pretty crappy on the surface but let's face it, does anyone really want a wall?

Does anyone really want those physical terms defining property lines, borders, countries, Planets, GALAXIES?

edit on 12-7-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The funniest part is the response from the head of this project. He said their must be a “miscommunication” with Donald Trump.

These people are so far gone that even when Donald Trump badmouths them himself, they still grovel at his feet. He could shoot one of them on 5th Avenue and they’d limp off saying how he must have been aiming for someone else.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well you finally found it...
This will surely cost him his reelection...
*SMH*
Moving on...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The funniest part is the response from the head of this project. He said their must be a “miscommunication” with Donald Trump. These people are so far gone that even when Donald Trump badmouths them himself, they still grovel at his feet. He could shoot one of them on 5th Avenue and they’d limp off saying how he must have been aiming for someone else.

Brian Kolflage's wheelchair salutes you.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The funniest part is the response from the head of this project. He said their must be a “miscommunication” with Donald Trump.

These people are so far gone that even when Donald Trump badmouths them himself, they still grovel at his feet. He could shoot one of them on 5th Avenue and they’d limp off saying how he must have been aiming for someone else.

You are forgetting about the people like the OP and yourself that that have been even farther gone since Trump was elected, there is no coming back from that colossal mental breakdown.

Godspeed to you folks.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Synchronicity pops up at the strangest times.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

You are forgetting about the people like the OP and yourself that that have been even farther gone since Trump was elected, there is no coming back from that colossal mental breakdown.

Godspeed to you folks.

I’m right where I’ve always been. Laughing at the morons running our government. You really give yourselves too much credit.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
He did say it made him look bad which it does. Should have build it already. That was the promise but all Presidents run on promises and seldom deliver. Obama failed on almost all of his promises. Closing Gitmo, new NAFTA, out of Afghanistan, green jobs. I could go on but what's the point. They are all the apex of bs promises not kept.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
*complains about how the wall was built*

*proceeds to hire the very company that built that wall to build more walls*

Trump Says He “Disagreed” With Privately Funded Border Wall, So Why Did His Administration Award the Builder $1.7 Billion in Contracts to Erect More Walls?

Is Trump out to make himself look bad? Gosh, the ultimate betrayal, none-other by himself.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They won't listen. Most of the trump supporters on here a hard-headed loyalists who would support him no matter what.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join