It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weirdest Thing Just Happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This might not be paranormal, but it's sure got me freaked out.

Mom was going to the bathroom and went to turn the light on. I was right behind her and I saw the spark and subsequent darkness of a blown light bulb.

No big deal, just replace it, right? So I get up on the step stool and find out THERE'S NO BLOODY BULB IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I've ever been this freaked out. Where the hell was the light coming from? Just what the hell???????

I'm so not making this up. I took a video but that's not proof. I could have just taken out the light bulb but I challenge anyone to come over and find remnants of a light bulb in my trash.

I literally don't have any more words. What can I say? There was no bulb in the light fixture, at all. My hands are shaking as I type this.

edit on 7/11/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

If the bulb blew, it could be that there is nothing left in the socket aside from the thread screw contact, and there is shattered glass waiting patiently on the floor for unsuspecting tender footsies to come a-trampling. My guess.

Could be a poltergeist.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

While you were getting the stool, your Mum took out the old one and is right now laughing her arse off.

If this is in the US please change the arse to an ass, thanks.

I think you have been had.

P

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

It’s an LED light

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
This might not be paranormal, but it's sure got me freaked out.

Mom was going to the bathroom and went to turn the light on. I was right behind her and I saw the spark and subsequent darkness of a blown light bulb.

No big deal, just replace it, right? So I get up on the step stool and find out THERE'S NO BLOODY BULB IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I've ever been this freaked out. Where the hell was the light coming from? Just what the hell???????

I'm so not making this up. I took a video but that's not proof. I could have just taken out the light bulb but I challenge anyone to come over and find remnants of a light bulb in my trash.

I literally don't have any more words. What can I say? There was no bulb in the light fixture, at all. My hands are shaking as I type this.

Glitch in the matrix.

Look out for the girl in the red dress...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Shanksville and Malaysia lost whole airplanes!

And you lost a light bulb.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The light bulb will now turn up in an unexpected place. Or its really gone (not impossible) but strange.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It might look like something paranormal but if I was you I'll check for bad wiring or any other electrical issue. Someone could get hurt or end up calling the fire department.

Maybe there wasn't a light bulb on the socket and moist got in. Then she turned on the light creating a spark.

Getting shocked by static electricity in outlets/switches is common, specially in bathrooms. Maybe no ground rod by the power box.

If the problem persists after doing all that, get an old analog TV, look for white noise and film it.
edit on 11-7-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It was a power surge!
the short in your bulb made just the right
frequency for the bulb to phase out of this reality.
some ware a buld just appears!
I bet some one is more shock't than you.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Poor little bug.

I bet it was a June bug no a cricket .

A moth.

No I'm the king of interdimensional I guarantee you lately there's more going on in the interdimensional realm....guarantee you

by: buddha
It was a power surge!
the short in your bulb made just the right
frequency for the bulb to phase out of this reality.
some ware a buld just appears!
I bet some one is more shock't than you.

edit on 11-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That is a disturbing thing to have happen indeed. Obviously it was working the day before, and if anyone removed the bulb, they would have immediately put a new one in, and someone like you and residents of the home would already know the light was working prior.

It might seem a small thing for everyone hearing about it, unless it was them that it happened to..

A long time ago, like 25 years ago I was living at home at the family farm, and I heard the noise of a car coming up the long drive way, getting louder and louder as it came up the hill, around the corner then at the house. Then I hear the garage door being activated and heard the entire sequence of the door sound grinding as it rises and then a clunk at the end.

But no car door opened or closed in the garage for a few minutes, so I go downstairs and open the garage door and look in and the garage door is closed and no car is there.

I'm like WTH, and go to the outer door and look outside, and no one or anything is there. I stand outside for a bit and go back inside and then hear a car again, and everything repeats, sound of car, garage door opening, and this time it's my Mom coming home and actually there.

Never could figure it out.. Time slip, or who knows. Never happened again.

Things with no explanation or rhyme or reason just don't make much sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've seen this before. It's the Devil.

He often does this. Bastard.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

That is a disturbing thing to have happen indeed. Obviously it was working the day before, and if anyone removed the bulb, they would have immediately put a new one in, and someone like you and residents of the home would already know the light was working prior.

It might seem a small thing for everyone hearing about it, unless it was them that it happened to..

A long time ago, like 25 years ago I was living at home at the family farm, and I heard the noise of a car coming up the long drive way, getting louder and louder as it came up the hill, around the corner then at the house. Then I hear the garage door being activated and heard the entire sequence of the door sound grinding as it rises and then a clunk at the end.

But no car door opened or closed in the garage for a few minutes, so I go downstairs and open the garage door and look in and the garage door is closed and no car is there.

I'm like WTH, and go to the outer door and look outside, and no one or anything is there. I stand outside for a bit and go back inside and then hear a car again, and everything repeats, sound of car, garage door opening, and this time it's my Mom coming home and actually there.

Never could figure it out.. Time slip, or who knows. Never happened again.

Things with no explanation or rhyme or reason just don't make much sense.

Have had this happen as well.
The running gag/explaination we came up with was we had "something" hanging around trying to make itself useful.
It got to the point the dogs were also waiting at the door for one of us to return home, then nothing, until 20-30min or an hour later later when one of us did actually arrive.
It wasn't ever happening when our schedules were normal. Just when someone was taking a service call, or working overtime or just had to run errands on the way home. We always wondered how it tricked the dogs!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Screw random action genoraters this is better. Caver we know know that your hording them (rethinks again and has no clue) Honestlly If anyone has any lightbulbs send them my way had them in a brown tote bag.

edit on 11-7-2020 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I've seen this before. It's the Devil.

He often does this. Bastard.

NO! he only took his Dead bulb away.
its not his job to give you a new one.
thats the tooth fairy, ?

do dead bulbs go to hell?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It may be a Spooky' quantum movement!
a link
"Scientists have seen "spooky" quantum behaviour happening to objects at the human scale, according to a new paper.
Researchers have seen quantum fluctuations "kick" large objects such as mirrors, moving them by a tiny degree but one big enough to measure."

a bit like schrodinger's cat.
it just is not any more.

top topics

join