It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous job applications to prevent racism and sexism in the job market?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I thought I read somewhere before about a computer program created to test applications such as jobs. No bias towards race and/or sex, just qualifications. The computer ended up "hiring" mostly white males.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I get a lot of applicants with administrative degrees and it doesn't take long to figure out which ones earned their degrees.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I think its a much better idea than what it currently is when we have to put what ethnicity we are... its been like that since i left school and always wondered why would an emplyer need to know your ethnicity when applying?? They will see that when you go for the interview!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The screening process for online job boards (like Indeed.com) involves the use of keywords. They have a program that works similar to the type that search engines use, so optimizing your resume for key words and phrases (like it was a website) will get you closer to the interview.

It wouldn't likely change too much if an applicant wasn't using personally identifiable information. Eventually, when you meet the HR personal in the interview process, they will have to know who you are.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Social media is great.
I work in insurance now and stalking claimants on social media is about the 4th thing in my list of stuff to do when I get a claim in.

You would be amazed at how many people put in a claim for serious injuries just before going on skiing holidays

The best bit is, in the UK, if any part of a claim is struck out for fundamental dishonesty, the whole thing is, so even if there is a legitimate damage claim, them lying about being injured makes it all go away

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It really shows how dumb most people are in nearly every aspect of their lives.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

very good idea and should have been done this way from the start.

Why does an employer need to know my gender and race?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Because any employer with large government contracts will have clauses in those contracts about workforce diversity.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Totally. I could tell you some real horror stories haha.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Something I don't think we need.

If a person can do the job that is all that should matter.

I always say I think employers should be able to hire and fire for any reason. Any reason.

If we did it that way then we would know who the asshole business owners were and could boycott them. As it stands now they are forced to not run their business the way they want and it makes them more profits because the people think they are someone they are not.
Some very evil people are making millions of dollars because they were forced to hire people they didn't want to hire.

i say let the bad people do bad things and watch as they lose their profits and business.
We are giving these business all of our money and we don't even know who they really are.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

How then will they further the agenda of ensuring that minorities get fast tracked into employment?

The same people promoting this will then also support affirmative action where race and gender are taken into account...

Leftist talk out of both sides of their mouths. Consistency has never been their strong suit.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Best person for the job is who I hired . Don't care what skin color or gender they are , never asked their religious background . Qualifications and availability , that's all that matters

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If I walk in to the first day on the job with my pants showing my underwear because they are so low,, do they have to keep me?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Still in the end have to pass a background check. I've had people working for a month only to get fired because they failed and knowing they were going to be investigated. Usually it's the police and HR that walks them out.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was a victim of Affirmative Action, so I am quite bitter about the subject.

To be turned away from a job you are qualified for, because of your race, it's pretty awful.

In my lifetime, it's illegal to do that, until I was ready for a real job, and nope....AA was in full effect, brother. Circa 1985.

Mind you, the older people who got their jobs thru the Old Boy Network were unaffected by AA, quotas were made up of new hires. Their children still got jobs thru direct influence, so they were unaffected by quota systems.

I fight against discrimination a little bit extra hard.
edit on 10-7-2020 by FlyingFox because: UNLEASH THE KRACKEN!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join