It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absurd solutions to racism?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Pump the atmosphere and water sources full with DSL.

That should do the trick.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger
Lot's of words.

If you're unwilling to give an answer that's fine.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
Burn everyone eyes out with a red hot poker. Sterilise anyone with an accent and send their existing children to a random home. Create a whole new language, and rip out the tongues and vocal cords of anyone using old languages just to level the playing field.

That could work

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
If you could blind and deafen everyone at once that will just about do it.

You've got my vote.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Lot's of words.

im sorry I did

if you choose not to read it or accept it (didnt say have to agree with it ) thats on you

btw your title asks for absurd answers and your posts wants blunt answers

i gave you the second

the title (first one) is not helping the situation and seems to imply you dont want realistic answers
scrounger
edit on 10-7-2020 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

Lot's of words.

im sorry I did

if you choose not to read it or accept it (didnt say have to agree with it ) thats on you

i gave you the second

the title (first one) is not helping the situation and seems to imply you dont want realistic answers
scrounger

Do read the dribble you spout.

You just explained your non answer with a non answer.

It's clear you can't answer the question , who are you trying to convince otherwise

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lot's of words.

im sorry I did

i gave you the second

scrounger

Do read the dribble you spout.

You just explained your non answer with a non answer.

It's clear you can't answer the question , who are you trying to convince otherwise

if your not willing to read it its easy to claim it doesnt answer the question

or better yet you and the OP show why we cant solve racism

you dont want an answer

scrounger

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If you answered and I didn't realise...

Whose fault is that?

But you still didn't answer.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

turn everybody inside out, we may not look as appealing but it will finally show we are all the same on the inside, and that is what matters most, its a shame some people cant see past the cover of the book

people must have seen this video by now, if not the teacher (Jane Elliott) seperates children by eye colour and gives benefits to certain eyes while imposing restrictions on others, it shows the children then judging the others on nothing more than eye colour

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

or better yet you and the OP show why we cant solve racism 

You can't solve racism because it's not a maths equation. It's both taught and learned, solving ignorance is a fools endeavour.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
You win.
Jane Elliot is only second to uncle Phil.

edit on 10-7-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

RACISM IS NOT A WHITE DISEASE.

star for that!

Heard a black man on TV this morning talking about racism dont know who

he was, but what he said was that 'his mothers side of the family had never

forgiven her for marrying a man of a darker skin colour than herself!!'

It takes all sorts /SMH.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So take sections of the US, divide them up amongst races and that will be the layout of the land. Blacks in the south-east, Whites in the north-east, mid-west & central south, Asians in the central west coast, Jews in NYC, American Indians in the south-west, Mexican in the lower west coast, Liberals in the upper west coast and rednecks in the Appalachians.

You did say absurd, right?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A great enough external threat to humanity would eliminate it.

Fighting green or blue four legged dino-aliens would make us humans all realize we aint really that different from one another.

I'm serious, bring on blue-beam and watch us unite.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Secede and choose the side you think represents you the most. The only other option would be to segregate and leave the other races alone. Killing, if you were being serious, isn't going to do anything but cause the inevitable race war currently looming in the horizon.

ETA: Or WWIII. Something that would bring us together for a cause we all believe in. If you think about it, we're all siblings sitting in the house bored because nothing exciting is happening and it's too cold to go play outside. And as siblings do, we're bored of each other and getting in fights. We need to get out and play a game against the neighbors, because while I might beat you up, I'm not going to let the neighbor beat you up. Same mentality, bigger level. Or, like I said, segregate and leave each other alone until we're ready to all be friends again.
edit on 10-7-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
This is more of a long-term solution. What if everybody where to fall in love with who they fall in love with and have children. Eventually everyone will be mixed and it won't matter anymore.

I did that. My kid turned out just as white as me and his mom. The hatred will never stop until either the weak minded thin skinned and easily offended people are no long weak minded, thin skinned, and easily offended, or until something happens that causes us to band together.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Lot's of words.

You serious? His answer was more detailed and made more sense than any other at that point.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
What was the answer he gave?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, I don’t have answers for the whole population of people, but I know what worked for me-

I grew up in a small city in Maine, I maybe knew 3-5 black people for the first 14 years of my life. My stepfather and mother were certainly racists and always told my sister and I to stay away from black people because they were bad people....meanwhile, stepdad was in and out of jail so many times he lost count by the time I was 10 and found himself in jail every couple years, usually DUI’s...once for stealing tires off someone’s car, once for sitting outside a news channel’s office with a 5 gallons bucket of gas threatening to light it up unless someone would talk to him about benefits for low wage employees. Not to mention the physical and verbal abuse they both subjected my sister and I to for years...

Anywho...

I got my first taste of a different culture when I moved to Nashua, NH, which has a large Puerto Rican community. That wasn’t too much of a culture shock and I had no problem making friends with many of them. It was when I moved to Staten Island that I got the culture shock. Once the shock wore off, I really came to love the mix of cultures in NYC and it became the basis for where I’d choose to live in the future.

I moved back to Maine when I was 15 and returning to the same small town, it felt so much smaller...the people’s minds felt smaller. That was when I realized how small minded people who have not experienced other cultures could be.
The comments I’d hear about black people, who were barely even present in that city, or really any other culture outside of white people, was pretty shocking to me. It’s not as if I went all SJW, this was back in the mid-90’s, it was just so odd to me to hear people bitching about black people when there weren’t even black people in the city!

I had one friend who would use racial slurs nonstop and go off on drunken rants about other races, when I asked him what the basis of his points were, there was nothing legit, just “Well, look at what they do...”. It was mainly blacks and Jews he’d rant about, but he had never known a single black or Jewish person. 20 years later, after living in Boston and actually getting to know some black and Jewish people, he’s done a 180 since then, thankfully.

That same small city in Maine, right when I left, had 10,000 Somalians delivered to it’s doorstep. A very rough 20 years followed and finally things are starting to turn around up there with the Somalians doing a great job at contributing to the MUCH needed boost in economy and jobs. They essentially took over the downtown area I grew up in, which was already a sh!thole, but it’s changing for the better. They’re fixing it up and opening stores where no one would even consider it before due to the crime. There’s still a big “us VS them” issue there, but the fact is, a good number of Somalians were able to assimilate to a new country, in a city that did not want them and could not afford them, and within 20 years, made it into a better place than anyone was able to do in the 75 years prior to their arrival.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Thought about this when I was younger with others over beer and we reckoned all new borns should have orange lenses installed over their eyes sort of like contact lenses at the hospital of their birth. If everybody is orange then it's got to work right

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join