It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absurd solutions to racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
How do you fix it?

I'm not talking education and understanding, I'm not talking social justice.

I'm talking brutal absolutist solutions.

The easy answer is pick a minority via a lottery and then kill everyone else. I would probably lean more towards all children being brought up by the state equally enslaved.

Are there any other options?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Paint BLACK LIVES MATTER in front of Trump Tower. That'l do it!

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You'll never be able to get rid of racism because of one key factor: humans.

It's human nature to dislike things, doesn't even matter what it's about. If white supremacists got their way and rid the planet of everyone who wasn't white, they'd find other things to hate about each other. It would be brunettes vs. blondes, or brown eyes vs. blue eyes.

We're humans, we just dislike things, and sometimes we get a bit too passionate about said dislikes. For example, I can't stand country music. Some of it is alright, but much of it can easily put me in a very bad mood if I hear it too much. I just hate the sound of it.

As long as humans exist we'll hate things, and as long as we'll hate things, we'll be like this. The best answer to all of this is for people to grow thicker skin and stop being so damned offended at everything. Sometimes racism just happens, even if it's not ill-intended. I'm brown and when I talk about certain types of people in Pueblo, cholos, I'll even do an accent while making fun of them. I guess that makes me racist against my own people. lol But hey, I'm human.

edit on 9-7-2020 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Do you think that would fix the problem? You would still have bigotry within the people group.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Very true. As stated above, hair color or eye color, or even lighter skinned vs darker skinned, within one ethnicity. This already goes on.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why would the majority pick a minority? Let's just shoot racists and race baiters on sight- problem solved
edit on 9-7-2020 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright

Very true. As stated above, hair color or eye color, or even lighter skinned vs darker skinned, within one ethnicity. This already goes on.

Didn't we just play this game via the Nazi party?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It not like we are at war with orcs, trolls, cat or lizard folk, dark n light elves, undead, an humans.

Indifference maybe.

link   
If you could blind and deafen everyone at once that will just about do it.

Now if we could only invent something that creates a bright flash of light and a loud enough boom.

link   
Burn everyone eyes out with a red hot poker. Sterilise anyone with an accent and send their existing children to a random home. Create a whole new language, and rip out the tongues and vocal cords of anyone using old languages just to level the playing field.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is more of a long-term solution. What if everybody where to fall in love with who they fall in love with and have children. Eventually everyone will be mixed and it won't matter anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

It can go beyond appearances. I use to work in manufacturing we had very diverse groups many Asians, with that said the Vietnamese looked down on the Cambodians who looked down on the Laos people, the one group they all looked down on the Japanese.

XL5

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It is not about color, not anymore. It has more to do with how people act and color just identifies how they may act. Some forms of media use groupthink to get people to act like tools.

We could make walled off towns for people of all color where individuality was instead promoted and only very young children were allowed to stay there and grow up. The adults would be hand picked so as not to promote groupthink or politics and still teach them how to live and treat others. If it works very well, sterilize everyone else, wait for them to die and let those unspoiled children grow, populate the world and hope for the best.

No one is born racist, they learn it.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: XL5

I entirely agree. Both being racist and victim of racism is a creation of the society and taught in the environment we grow up in. Some learn they want to be racist and some learn they want to be victims. At the moment, the victims do not have enough racists to go around so they are making more. They call anyone that they disagree with racist.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
Indifference maybe.

I like that!

At the very least it's the first answer.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

The best way to bring people together and abolish racism is by stereotyping victims (African-American ) and villians (mcwhitey).
There is only love,peace,and unity among victims and their villian oppressors. Nothing brings people together like reinforcing the notion that they are a victim and that the other person is the reason why. Under no circumstances ever show facts that demonstrate that racism exist among all races . Once you commit to the victim and vilian stereotype you must never deviate from the narrative.

Then you make it socially acceptable to be racist towards a certain race. Constantly remind people they are different because of their color.

Thats a winning strategy to abolish racism and bring peole together as one
edit on 51731America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jul 2020 00:51:13 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: notquiteright

Didn't we just play this game via the Nazi party?

The game goes on today history in Africa of one tribe fighting and killing another tribe is still going on tody.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Humans are tribal. Put a human in group and all of a sudden other groups are not as good as your group.
We always want our group to do better than others.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
we have the answer how to control (we can never eliminate) racism .

the problem is no one wants to accept some necessary facts and principles.

first...

as i saw written on a bathroom stall at college (you get wisdom in some strange places)

RACISM IS NOT A WHITE DISEASE.

until everyone accepts ANY RACE , any group, CAN , HAS AND SOME STILL ARE racist.

you cant say as BLM (for example) did "only whites are racist"...

until you accept this basic fact you can never go forward or even attempt to deal with racism.

second...

you must with COLD HARD FACTS determine if something is "perceived" as racist or "actually" is

lets take one current example...(please lets not divert conversation to this)...

it is said that police are "killing black men due to their race" more than anyone else.

that is a "perception" ... if you look at the most recent published numbers (sadly note doesnt differentiate between justified and unjustified) that in the last three years WHITES more than any other race and at times all others combined are killed by police .

but yet protesters are raising hell that there is systemic racism by police.

if we can identify what is just someones OPINION and what is FACT then we can address the problem and fix it.

or even see how bad it is.

third...

a solution to stopping racism is given by MLK and morgan freeman.

MLK

judge a man not by the color of their skin but by the contents of their character.

in short you judge someone BY THEIR ACTIONS.. NOT BY SKIN COLOR..

Freeman

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT... You address me as (his name) and ill address you as (your name)

Last and most hardest to accept.

you will NEVER get rid of racism.. it isnt possible

you deal with and change what you can, develop a thick skin for what you cant (or what you perceive) , and you make it so that it will not be perceived as acceptable.

scrounger

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join