It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

transgender and Rowloing cancelled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: washy76
Regarding transgenderism: for thousands of years professional philosophers haven’t even been able to agree on what a table is! Let alone something as complex as life or a woman. Our best attempt at understanding is to have multiple different definitions, even if these definitions seem to contradict each other. Our best attempt to misunderstand is to chose just one definition and refute all others. Or to assume if one person uses one definition they don’t understand the others (bring on J K Rowling’s accusers).
If you don’t understand transgenderism and you are a man; why do you have nipples? I suggest you meditate on your nipples for an hour then you may understand the nature of transgenderism

I completely understand the dilemma of being a stranger in your body when the soul doesn't match the house.

But I seriously suggest double-checking the crotch and acknowledging why you have an innie or an outie, and what they mean you are physically. Nips don't mean much other than we all started out female until the bean and ovaries developed into a bat & two baseballs, but those end results do mean something you can't really debate.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
So when a mother-to-be asks the doctor, is it a boy or a girl, what are they really asking?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am not a platform, I can put a hat on my head though that doesn’t mean I am stable, the hat doesn’t fall off but I am not a table but a lazy susan moves, hmmm

I am going to draw nipples on my table

It’s not about the transgender, it’s about controlling what you think

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
God - So how is production going

Elves - Not bad..we did however put 117,000 penises on woman by mistake.

God - Say what!!!

Elves - It's ok..apparently these things called Democrats ran with it..I think we're in the clear.

God - God Dami#

Elves - BOOM
edit on 8-7-2020 by Sabrechucker because: saying Tranny is no worse than saying Granny..

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

for crying out loud GENDER AND SEX in description of BIOLOGICAL SEX is IDENTICAL

there are NO OTHER SEX in the human genome no matter what the person thinks, identifies ect.

but lets take your picture in this debate.

If you stick a needle in their arm, take a blood sample, send it to the lab and ask what is their BIOLOGICAL SEX (no other information give) guess what they say

if they find XX chromosome.. .they are BIOLOGICAL/SEX FEMALE
if they find XY chromosome... they are BIOLOGICAL/SEX MALE

IMPARTIAL SCIENTIFIC ANSWER...

doesnt matter what they look like, think like, ect... it is what it is

end of story

im sorry SCIENCE does not care what you think..

scrounger

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: scrounger
a reply to: washy76

no i understand transgender quite well
.....-snip-
the short and sweet definition of "transsexual" is one that DENIES BASIC BIOLOGICAL FACT

Wanted to point this out also
Those are two different words
I agree with your view on transsexualism...that isn't a thing. you cannot change your sex. You can however change your gender (or rather, become closer to the gender you feel)

o for crying out lound

gender/sex in biological terms is THE SAME THING.

unless you can change from XX to XY (or vice versa) chromosomes you are whatever gender/sex you were born with

It doesnt matter what you do exterior to your body or what you hormones you take.

if I take a blood sample (or genetic swab sample) sent it to a lab and have them test what BIOLOGICAL SEX/GENDER you are they will send back

XX chromosomes... FEMALE
XY chromosomes... MALE

end of story....

what you think, how you act, ect wont change that.

if you can THEN AND ONLY THEN can you change your sex/gender..

im sorry if nature of human genome doesnt want to change just because you want it

scrounger

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
So when a mother-to-be asks the doctor, is it a boy or a girl, what are they really asking?

Peen or no peen normally.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

for crying out loud GENDER AND SEX in description of BIOLOGICAL SEX is IDENTICAL

By what definition?
google definition of gender and you will see it is not the same as sex of a species.
Much how I ignore sjw's trying to redefine terms to suit their ideology, I also put on mute the right radicals who do the same exact thing.
they are not the same
one is a biological reality
the other is a expression often centered around the biological reality

there are NO OTHER SEX in the human genome no matter what the person thinks, identifies ect.

Indeed. I agree. but we aren't talking about sex, we are discussing gender. keep up.

The rest of what you said is trash considering you keep reverting back to the discussion of sex when the discussion is gender.

since I am skeptical about your ability to google stuff, I'll help you out here:

noun
either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.

If you have a more preferred accredited dictionary you would like to know, please reference it.

Deny Ignorance used to be the motto of this site...lets see if you are old school or the new mindset where ignorance is championed. Either words have definitions, or they don't.
edit on 9-7-2020 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Let’s go back to basics here.

Rowling has attracted the ire of the “cancel” fanatics because she observed and tweeted against some material that said “people who menstruate”, pointing out that it was women who menstruate.

People who menstruate.’ I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?,

The backlash is the word woman. Some people – a small vocal minority of people – want us to believe that the word “woman” is not the word we all thought it was. Some biological men want to be called “woman” and we should all change the meaning of the word and pander to this demand.

Now it all sounds well and good. An argument over a word in the English language. I am not averse to the English language evolving, because that’s what it has done from the start. But in this case we have an imposed alteration of meaning, and a huge amount of bullying to get that imposition forced through.

Like all good fanatics these word thieves cannot get what they want quickly enough, so they bully and harrass. And look, it's working. Whole swathes of academia and the press are too afraid to comment.

This changing of the language carries with it a huge risk to women’s rights. I am a feminist and feel that progress in women’s rights is now threatened by this appropriation and all the negative baggage that comes with “anyone” calling themselves a woman. I know it's more complicated than that, but just because it's complicated should not make it a special case.

> You end up with the ludicrous examples of biological men competing and winning in women’s sports, much to the annoyance of women who end up second – look up Rachel Mckinnon, the record breaking man-turned-woman star of women’s cycling.
> You end up with men wandering around women’s toilets and changing rooms – but which one’s the pervert?.
> You end up with men who are convicted of sex crimes being housed in women’s prisons and then merrily raping inmates. > You end up with women’s rights being diluted and diminished.

It’s the thin end of the wedge. It’s 1984. First you corrupt the language, eh?
edit on 9/7/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I guess I will repeat since you seem to like to repeat also

sex is biological
gender is personal/social identity

Sorry if you missed this class in school, but its easy to brush up on your education.
Not to worry though, at least 50% of the population is around the same level as you appear to be, so don't feel too bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

To be fair, most people follow dictionaries and the widely accepted use of the word woman. This is where "woman" means adult female and (for instance) "man" means adult male. “Female” is the sex and determined biologically by having two X chromosomes. This is the accepted scientific wisdom and differentiates sex in all mammals between male and female.

Gender politics is a comparatively new invention. Most people accept that gender is the characteristics or traits that refer to masculinity or femininity. If a man/male wants to dress up and look feminine, or a woman/female wants to look masculine then there are words for those situation too, and that’s not a problem.

But a female is a woman, but could make themselves look like a man by having massive surgical intervention hormones for life, but they cannot change their underlying biology so will never be a male. Similarly, a male can be made to look like a woman, but can never be female. There are edge cases, but these are comparatively rare.

Everyone forgets that in this ridiculous debate that trans people have much higher chances of mental illness and suicide. It’s one complex field and won’t be addressed by crapping on the English language, alienating normal people, and cancelling people who dare to hold different opinions.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

sex is biological

Sorry if you missed this class in school, but its easy to brush up on your education.
Not to worry though, at least 50% of the population is around the same level as you appear to be, so don't feel too bad.

um which part of
XX chromosomes your a BIOLOGICAL FEMALE
XY chromosomes your a BIOLOGICAL MALE

is wrong and up for debate
what part of we are HUMANS that only have one sex / gender is wrong..

again I pointed out with your example by picture if you take a blood sample and test it ..
it will show either XX or XY.. not anything other

that humans have male and female

you can name call and repeat your rants till doomsday.

if I send any "transsexual" blood sample to a SCIENTIFIC TESTING SITE that is the ONLY TWO OPTIONS that will come out..

dressing , body surgery, hormones, and "identity" will not change that..

scrounger

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Why do men have nipples because they are developed in the womb before the sex has been determined, no mystery to be contemplated just science fact.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
If you are a biological man, you have NO IDEA what it "feels like" to be a woman. You can't say....I "feel more like a woman than a man". Because you have never felt what it is to have xx chromosomes. What you do feel is a desire to act like/appear like the current societal norms we attribute to women. Usually these involve fake boobs, big lips, a nose job, a lot of makeup, and a revealing type dress. You never see any males saying they feel more like they are a woman, and then identify as an Amish lady.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout
If you are a biological man, you have NO IDEA what it "feels like" to be a woman. You can't say....I "feel more like a woman

Men don't know what it's like to menstruate. This is why Rowling said women and not "people" menstruate - it's a ridiculous proposition to suggest otherwise, but clearly some fanatics get upset by people pointing out the obvious.

There are loads of things men and women (males and females) have which is dissimilar. Growing a pair of hormone flushed boobs is (I hazard to suggest) somewhat different from having boobs which developed from puberty and beyond.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi Yes, I know women who, even in their 50's/60's, still have the experience of their breasts aching (as when your milk lets down) when they hear a random baby cry in public. And how many millions of women say their husbands sleep right through their baby crying or waking up at night? Meanwhile, the wife wakes up at every little sound the baby makes. These kinds of things have nothing to do with a penis/vagina or even hormones. That's instinct....it's in our DNA. These are the types of things that "feel like" being a woman. It really has nothing to do with how you like to present yourself.

edit on 9-7-2020 by JourneyAbout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Try meditating on whether or not you have a "Y" chromosome in every cell of your body. That's all you really need to know. If you can't figure it out, see a shrink; you are mentally ill.

star and flag. though be prepared, they are ready to battle the entire scientific branches of biology and genetics like don quixote battling the windmills.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Intersectionalism folks. A movement lead by the mentally ill trying to convince normal people they are the crazy ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Consciousness is an unknown. For all I know it isn't even real.
Is the soul real? Does it have a gender? How could anyone ever know the answer to this?

Biology can not be denied. But if a person says they feel like a man/woman/tree inside then who am I to say they are wrong?

prove to me that there isn't a soul of a tree inside someone.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

sex is biological

um which part of
XX chromosomes your a BIOLOGICAL FEMALE
XY chromosomes your a BIOLOGICAL MALE

is wrong and up for debate
what part of we are HUMANS that only have one sex / gender is wrong..

again I pointed out with your example by picture if you take a blood sample and test it ..
it will show either XX or XY.. not anything other

that humans have male and female

you can name call and repeat your rants till doomsday.

if I send any "transsexual" blood sample to a SCIENTIFIC TESTING SITE that is the ONLY TWO OPTIONS that will come out..

dressing , body surgery, hormones, and "identity" will not change that..

scrounger

Like debating with rainmain

I am not talking about male and female, I am talking about man and woman
I am not talking about transsexual, I am discussing transgender

Since you can't debate in good faith to even discuss what is being discussed, to include giving you definitions of what gender is vs sex, then you aren't here to debate, you are here for typing practice and to air your proud ignorance it seems. Feel free to write back when you decide to start debating the topic.

The discussion is about apples. stop bringing up oranges.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join