It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the govt coming clean about ufos?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So which ones are we supposed to shoot at, the prehistoric reptilians, pale blondes from a star system with seven suns instead of a planets, or the neutered greys?

What about those bullet proof furball humanoids.
edit on 10-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think it basically boils down to this; there is intelligent life out there.
There is some truth in gods being aliens, both in how we perceive god and how we came to be.
Some manipulation of our species occured, and we've been on a path that has been seperating us from nature ever since.
I'm just not buying the idea that we as species naturally evolved to this point.

In essence we are an alien ant farm. They found this planet, saw the apes and thought let's speed this along and see what happens. It might seem crazy, but it makes alot of sense to me. Why else would we need the concept of gods if we are the natural cause and product of our environment? We would be so attuned with everything around us, the very idea of some kind of unknown force pulling all the strings would be an insult to what we are.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Cointelpro spelling mistakes a reply to: saskwatch

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I like the idea that what a few select people have learned through interactions with "aliens," for lack of a better term, is that what we perceive as reality is just a tiny fraction of the literally incomprehensible (to us) true reality and that if we became aware of how truly insignificant and infinitesimal to the whole process we are we would likely exterminate ourselves, either with a boom, or just withering away.

That might be enough to keep everybody nice and quiet.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Pretty cocky to think we’re the peak of galactic intelligence.
I don't think I said that.

Now imagine our human-ish brothers live on a planet similar to earth and are 50,000 years more advanced than us
Ok. I imagine that they don't last that long. I imagine that they destroy themselves with their own technology (we can) or that their planet gets hit by a comet (that could happen) or that their star emits a flare which wipes life from their entire star system long before their civilization lasts 50,000 years.

So, 500mm planets and countless billions of years of history?
Countless?

Yes they could develop some mad tech, perhaps. That doesn't mean they have. You assume they have.

You hit on what I call “The Nuclear Hurdle”.

Yes. Trademarked right here.

Essentially - once you can blow yourself (and all of the other yourselves) up, it’s a game changer.

The species enters a stalemate - just like we did/have/are currently experiencing. The Cold War never ended. Never will. We decided collectively that nukes are off limits - yet many countries proliferate then. They want them to be considered “at the table”.

Other civilizations have likely hit this point - the ability to kill allll of themselves and alllll others of their species aaaaaand their planet. Everything. We could, theoretically, do that today.

To make it past the point of being able to blow yourselves/others/the planet up, a society has to make decisions that don’t explode all of everything when they could. This is crucial when a civilization possesses civilization leveling tech that could easily accomplish the destruction of most all that is known and our atmosphere.

Yet, these other societies could have reached this point and lived.

If we can’t make it through the next 100-1000 years without more nukes or more extreme devices we’re done. I say 100 to 1000 years as those of us in our 30s now generally aren’t interested in extinguishing life on our planet. That’s your next generation of leaders. So 100 years seems reasonable - change takes time. Long end of that is 1000 years - who the hell knows what could happen.

But if we make it to the long end of that spectrum - which I’m willing to bet other civilizations have - then I’d say we’re unlikely to be blowing each other up. Remember, we’ve had nukes (as a species/humans) for ~80 years and all of recorded history could have happened 20,000 plus times over in the amount of time that Humans have been around and actually identified recorded history. The amount of time we’ve had with nukes is a really really really^100000 small amount of time in earth terms and even more minuscule in the grand scheme of galactic history.

So - no nuclear weapons used against other humans - more advanced the future is that awaits us.

And I’m willing to bet other civilizations have reached the same point - and survived.

Thus, yes, is suspect they can get here.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It is extraordinarily doubtful they will ever "come clean" on anything. Doing so would likely land a good many of them in prison in a just world.

I suspect Trump will release it, if not solely for his own political self interest and desire to go down in history as much as possible

However, if he doesn't, it is equally telling

The only possible reason not to release the UFO information at this time is because he has evaluated it and has decided the reality is so terrible/awful/unbearable that its release would usher the end of civilization as we know it

All other justifications are moot, since the coverups (en masse) have lead to a massive rift between citizens and government and has caused a good number of us to write off government statements entirely

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Who at NASA is supposed to have all the good images of alien spacecraft our astronauts supposedly encountered? How do they keep the astronauts and Mission Control team so silent?

edit on 11-7-2020 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Maybe it's more pervasive than many think. Maybe they're told they are Russian spy planes. Maybe they're told the truth and realize why it has to be kept secret

Besides it has leaked plenty of times. But those systems are pretty secure, you can't just email them to yourself or plug a jump drive in and walk away with it

Who is keeping astronauts silent?

Most astronauts have indeed admitted to seeing them. One talked about a monolith on one of the 9 planets
edit on 7/11/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

So nasa is censoring astronauts. Jaxla? European agency? Dem commies? Dem charlies? Every space agency is keeping their astronauts silent?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PHDIKOULAS

No one is censoring them PHD! They speak freely on the subject. Have you never listened to astronauts talk about all the UFOs they've seen? It's not censored, despite being given fairly minimal attention by our low intelligence MSM it is there!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

One example, please.
Pick your best.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'll start with Buzz Aldrin

Edgar Mitchell

Another good segment

Whether UFOs are "real" is no longer a debatable question. It is simply a fact that they do indeed exist.

I forget the numbers, but over half of people who answered that particular question in a poll indicated they believed it was an extraterrestrial intelligence and not some country that (somehow) managed to leapfrog the US

Ask him

I'll dig up other statements by the astronauts

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Col. Gordon Cooper, another great example (I'll add to this list)

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: There was a constant surveillance by UFOs," astronaut Scott Carpenter

"There was something out there that was close enough to be observed," astronaut Buzz Aldrin, who saw a UFO on the Apollo 11 mission and talks openly about his experience.

In July 2008, Astronaut Edgar Mitchell stated that aliens have visited Earth and describes them as "little people who look strange to us."

Another classic incident

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I asked for one for a reason, to avoid Gish galloping, which you did anyway. So I'll take the first one, which I assume is your best.

Here's what Aldrin said to Alex Jones (of all people) regarding the Phobos monolith. Monolith means "single stone", btw.

"It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

Start at 14:30, if you wish.
edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And these guys?

Gordon Cooper, Scott Carpenter, Edgar Mitchell?

EDIT: Listening to your video now. I'll never pass up a chance to watch the great Alex Jones

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I asked for one, your best, for a reason.

Perhaps you should do some looking into it yourself, beyond just accepting what is claimed. You were wrong about Aldrin, that might be a clue.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I wasn't wrong about anything. Aldrin himself says he doesn't know what it is. Its there, the monolith exists and is still unexplained. That in no way vindicates your statement.

The fact you're unable to discredit the others actually says more about your own denials than anything.

The information stands on its own merit.

Nice try, but you fall short as usual.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

As usual you pivot to inane details and irrelevant lines of diversion/distraction.

Someone asked why don't astronauts come forward with UFO material. I replied that many have. I then gave *many* examples.

Whether you ask for one or ten, I gave several. They are listed above, your floundering doesn't change that. In any case, your limited response RE: Aldrin was merely about the monolith and didn't even try to address his UFO sighting.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Aldrin never claimed a UFO siting. If you bothered to research it rather than just watching a highly edited interview and accepting it, you would know that.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You don't know what you're talking about. More assumptions?

He did indeed claim to see an unidentified light out of a window on Apollo 11 enroute to the moon. He admits himself he cannot identify it. He SPECULATES it was part of the spacecraft, but ultimately admits he had no idea.

In any case, I find it intriguing you'd choose to gloss over the rest (intentional or just intellectual laziness?) of the astronauts mentioned since Aldrin was indeed the most unsure of the group.

Others, from Edgar Mitchell to Gordon Cooper and Scott Carpenter state quite matter of factly they witnessed an unknown craft vs. just an unknown light as in Aldrin's case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join