It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silent Majority vs Defund the Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What is the Silent Majority ?

It’s millions of men and women who get up and go to work everyday.

These people have no time to protest and loot up the town.

We have bills to pay. Kids to raise. We pay taxes and love our Country.

Well, just so you know they’re also furious and waiting to cast a vote.

The silent Majority doesn’t want to “Defund the Police”.

They don’t want our monuments torn down. Or their History forgotten.

This Majority is peaceful hard working adults of every color.

This tiny group of native terrorist will not bring this Country down.

They our having their little I hate the President moment.

I just can’t wait until the day after the Election.

Why is Trump so far down in the polls.

Because Trump Supporters work for a living.

They aren’t home waiting for the phone to ring to be polled.

Trump wins this election with three words “Defund the Police “.

Quite possibly the most ignorant slogan ever...

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There's people of all races and Creed's that don't make their politics known because of backlash. Alot of eyes have been opened recently.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Trump wins this election with three words “Defund the Police “. Quite possibly the most ignorant slogan ever...

What’s ignorant is people believing that “defund the police” means getting rid of police.

But I guess if you let right wing media tell you what to think that isn’t the craziest lie you probably believe.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why is Trump so far down in the polls.

Because Trump Supporters work for a living.

They aren’t home waiting for the phone to ring to be polled.

I do not believe it would matter even if they were home. I think they select, very carefully, who they call for these polls.
I haven't been polled since the early 90's. Saw a thread a while back were many conservatives admitted to never being polled.
They are just playing the numbers like they did in 2016. They want Trump voters to not show up by saying there is no way he can win.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Trump wins this election with three words “Defund the Police “. Quite possibly the most ignorant slogan ever...

What’s ignorant is people believing that “defund the police” means getting rid of police.

But I guess if you let right wing media tell you what to think that isn’t the craziest lie you probably believe.

Enlighten us.
If you defund the police how many will we lose? Many officers are not paid enough as it is.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What is the Silent Majority ?

120 million non-voters.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sorry, but Defund the Police can only mean one thing.

Less Police. The right wing media is correct.

While the are rioting, they demand less Police.

edit on 8-7-2020 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A few years ago most people on ats were all on board with de-funding the cops. We all thought the military gear was way to much.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
A few years ago most people on ats were all on board with de-funding the cops. We all thought the military gear was way to much.

I agree the Cops did get way too much surplus military gear.

This isn’t about that. They want less Cops.

After what we have seen with the rioting.

Nobody is going for less Cops right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Sorry, but Defund the Police can only mean one thing. Less Police.

Could also mean no new tanks and military gear. Could mean different less expensive training.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

If you defund the police how many will we lose?

Hopefully most of the bad ones.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It does mean getting rid of a certain percentage of police, especially in areas with a higher percentage of crime. So, who is going to handle that higher rate of crime with less police. And what if that plan totally fails. Now the already high crime rate just got worse and there is no plan C. It's back to plan A because it worked better than B. Sorry, thanks for the inconvenience. We kinda should have not defunded the police...moving on.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Should we "defund" the DNC because one person shot up a softball game?

Should we "defund" all public education because some teacher slept with a student?

This "defund" movement is not about community safety or police brutality.

It's about a fundamental transformation of how we live in society.

It's about replacing existing police forces with ideologically driven people.

We already have laws against what led up to all of this.

It doesn't matter. Marxists have seized the opportunity and are running with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I’ll just leave this here......
twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Gee, I dunno, maybe take away funding for the mikitsry vehicles they use to spray down peaceful protesters. I'd think a place like this would be anti-totalitarian... but it turns out this place is just anti whatever black people are asking for.
Teachers and students cut box tops to pay for basic school supplies. We still have teachers. Dont see you crying about your kid's future.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What is ignorant is people believing that taking funds from the police will make them better. If anything they need more funds for training, proper cop staffing, proper pay to get quality people etc. When cops are under staff and under paid that is a receipt for disaster and the proof of this are these liberal cities that have bad police forces that are under staff and under paid... A crappy cop working mainly solo will more times than not pull their weapon when not needed.

Atlanta police average 43k per year (glass door) ..... not very good.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I once got a speeding ticket for taking an off ramp too fast at 2am. In a sports car, designed for that kind of thing. Only other car within a mile? Cop. Parked and waiting.

Got another one in the same car a few years later, pushing through some # joke state down south. Four lanes of traffic, all speeding- I'm one In from the side because big rigs use the first lane... Two other lanes of traffic pushing me. I get pulled over and ticketed for speeding. Paid the ticket and then told six months later I'm getting arrested if I don't pay it a second time.
There are too many police- but the real problem is the stupid laws they enforce, and how they enforce them.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm all for it. If I can't have a good time at work neither should the cops.

De-Fun the police!

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

Enlighten us.
If you defund the police how many will we lose? Many officers are not paid enough as it is.

I had a poster in a previous thread tell me "defund the police" meant increase training. Really.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You may be correct. Maybe they will express their displeasure at election time. Problem is, Trump lost the popular vote last time and only won by virtue of having won in9 or 10 crucial counties such that he won on the basis of the electoral college. What with COVID 19, BLM and Antigua, combined with record unemployment, I doubt he can pull it off again.

If I am correct, Trump loses, how is normal America going to react then? Actually, it doesn't matter. By then it will be too late. The Republican Party will be redistricted into the Ashburn of History. And after the Dems take over, elections will be pointless anyway because, as they do in many states now, they will entirely control the election process.

Another fallacy you are guilty of is the idea of a silent majority. The people you describe are not the majority. There are millions of people like the ones you describe who routinely and dutifully turn out to vote for Democrats, and for a variety of reasons.

Hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. It's been a long losing battle. But with the Dems in firm control of higher education, the Federal Bureaucracy, the Deep State, and the MSM propaganda outlets, their triumph was really only a matter of time.

Times up buddy, not your country anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join