It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall Petition Against Ms Whitmer in Michigan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Petition language approved for initiative to strip Whitmer of emergency powers

Fred Wszolek, spokesperson for Unlock Michigan, said the petition was filed 15 days ago. The organization will need 340,047 valid signatures in support of its petition within 180 days to put the measure before the legislature. The governor would not be able to veto the repeal if it were approved. Unlock Michigan aims to collect 500,000 signatures and submit them to the state for review.

After a hiatus from my Whitmer threads in the Mud Pit, I find it is time to again take to this forum to speak to you.
The petition to recall Whitmer from office failed due to the language in the petition.

As Wuhuflu numbers rise, mostly among young adults, Whitmer has threatened to again close salons...as if the young adults are congregating there LOL
www.bridgemi.com...
www.dailywire.com...

Whitmer responded to criticism that she overstepped her authority when she “signed an order closing indoor service at bars throughout much of lower Michigan to mitigate the disease’s spread ahead of the July 4 holiday weekend.” Whitmer told CNN that she is prepared to shut down hair salons if need be.

So, now I find there is an approved petition to strip power from Whitmer.
Read about it in the first above link.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wonder what took so long?

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I hope they get the signatures they need. This woman is drunk with power.

Deaths are way DOWN from CV19. It is time to get back to work, school, normalcy. The emergency is over.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Please, pretty please, make an example out of this woman.

Strip her of her power, dox her, make it so that when ANYONE thinks of abuse of power — they think of Whitmer.

It’s time for people to take the power back.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I'd say you burn her in effigy but it might be more satisfying to do it in downtown Lansing.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Cancel her.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Knowing many of the people of Michigan (especially Northern and rural), I think this will get some traction.

To be honest, I don't know much about Whitmer, or her platform... But I know quite a few people in MI I talk to regularly. They represent a broad range of ideology, and they don't think highly of her.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
issue is getting the Signatures - No large Gatherings - No Concerts - No Baseball Games -

So all Michiganders need to seek out these to sign - Which I believe we will - unless Whitless makes movement illegal in her next Emergency Declaration EXTENSION already planned !

Get out there FIND and Sign those Petitions !!!

edit on 782020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wait a minute. I heard the recall petition was approved last month, but then heard that Whitmer sued to have it delayed. I can't get any of my reps to respond to me so what's happening with that?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
RECALL Petition

REASONS FOR RECALLING
Governor Gretchen Whitmer
For signing Executive Order 2020-04, Declaration of State of Emergency, on March 10, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-17, Temporary restrictions on non-essential medical and dental procedures, on March 20, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-21, Temporary requirement to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, on March 23, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-32, Temporary restrictions on non-essential veterinary services, on March 30, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-33, Expanded emergency and disaster declaration, on April 1, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-42, Temporary requirement to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life - Rescission of Executive Order 2020-21, on April 9, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-67, Declaration of state of emergency under the Emergency Powers of the Governor Act, 1945 PA 302, on April 30, 2020
For Signing Executive Order 2020-68, Declaration of states of emergency and disaster under the Emergency Management Act, 1976 PA 390, on April 30, 2020
For signing Executive Order 2020-92, Temporary requirement to suspend certain activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life Rescission of Executive Orders 2020-77 and 2020-90, on May 18, 2020

SIGNATURES COLLECTED
Circulating begins July 29th, 2020

edit on 782020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

S+F !!

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks, I thought I was going crazy for a moment.

So that one is still on track, good.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Wait a minute. I heard the recall petition was approved last month, but then heard that Whitmer sued to have it delayed. I can't get any of my reps to respond to me so what's happening with that?

Now I have to wonder about what that article is saying......

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I hope they get the signatures they need. This woman is drunk with power.

Deaths are way DOWN from CV19. It is time to get back to work, school, normalcy. The emergency is over.

Of the twelve homes on my street, and 25 adults between the households, every single one of us is eagerly looking forward to seeing door-to-door sig collections come through because we're all going to sign that mofo posthaste. None of us think ANY leader should ever have this much unilateral power over others & no way to dispute or end it. Ergo, the '45 law has GOT to go.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
To be honest, I don't know much about Whitmer, or her platform... But I know quite a few people in MI I talk to regularly. They represent a broad range of ideology, and they don't think highly of her.

Same here where I am in GR suburbia. If anything, she should be mockingly applauded for inadvertently bringing highly polarized people together against her to crucify her. The dumbass git, who didn't see that coming the longer she kept this crap up so rigidly, lmfao

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Just got the call to go back Monday.

Guess well see...

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The only way to stop liberal leftist fascists like Whitmer is to strip them of power.

If she is re-elected it gives the go ahead for any Governor to take away your right to plant a garden, your ability to use your own boat, to strip you of your job and to extend oppressive and ridiculous orders just to punish citizens for not agreeing with their fascist "fundamental changes" to your civil and human rights "for our own good".

This must succeed or the new green deal will be upon us and we will be stripped of our cars, a/c and electricity courtesy of liberal left fascists for "our own good", to save the planet.

edit on 7/8/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: HalWesten

Now I have to wonder about what that article is saying......

There are two issues. The recall and a legislative act to reduce her and every future governor's emergency powers. The recall appears to be a go as I thought it was, and I got an email today (finally!) from my rep saying:

As for the lawsuit, currently we are awaiting a ruling from the Court of Appeals. We appealed the ruling made by the Court of Claims back in May that sided with the Governor and are now awaiting ruling from the Court of Appeals.

The legislature asked the Supreme Court to face track the case and hear the case immediately, as the case will likely end up in the Supreme Court anyways, however the Supreme Court voted against fast tracking the lawsuit.

So the court doesn't want to rush on the emergency powers, by the time they get to it the covid issue will be pretty much dealt with. But if they side with the legislature and US, Gretch won't be able to unilaterally declare anything, she and future gov's will have to work with the legislature.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I wonder, if the case moves upstream, if it might affect things like presidents diverting funds allocated to the military because of "emergencies."

edit on 7/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah, we have the recall on the Emergency Powers....and the total recall of Gretchen from Office.
This seems to say the recall of the governor is NOT going forward:

The board also rejected a recall petition against the governor after finding some of the language was not factual.

www.mlive.com...

As does this

An effort to recall Governor Gretchen Whitmer over some of her executive orders has been rejected by the state board of canvassers.

www.wsjm.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join