It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open everything up! If we die we die

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Except grandma is in a vulnerable segment of the population so her sensible grandkids would tell her sorry granny no get-togethers at this time.

No, only the arrogant would dare to tell their elder what she should or should not do, and only the heartless would abandon her to self-isolation.

Sensible, caring and respectful family would talk to Grandma about what risks and precautions she feels are appropriate and necessary, and act accordingly. If Grandma says let me self-isolate, then respect that and offer/provide what assistance she needs and feels comfortable with. If she says I want to live my life and enjoy my family while I can, then you also respect her wishes and take whatever precautions are necessary and appropriate.

Everyone free to use their own judgement and not infringing on anyone else's freedoms.

Exactly!!!

No one is advocating irresponsible behavior.

We can also all take reasonable precautions for reasonable risks without making demands on others that may impose troubles for them.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Like I said, I don't see anyone advocating irresponsible behavior. Stating that old people die is not inhumane it's just a fact. Shielding them from this virus (or really any virus) as best we can is all we can reasonably do. Will some get it anyway? yes. Will some succumb? Yes.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany
couldn't agree more lift this ridicules crap now serves no purpose more are dieing from lack of exercise and suicide than actually dieing of covid

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Let me ask those who are alarmed an honest question.

If you didn't have the TV telling you about this virus, would you even know it existed?

Also....

Why make up all these scenarios where everybody's dying and now grandma's got it and now the 2 year old oh no think of the children THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

That's gotta be the fear talking... Get a grip and look around, turn off the TV for Christ's sake.

How scared about being next to someone were you before the TV told you it was a death sentence? Now some of y'all so scared that you need to come up with hypothetical scenarios to justify it...completely insane.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

How scared about being next to someone were you before the TV told you it was a death sentence? Now some of y'all so scared that you need to come up with hypothetical scenarios to justify it...completely insane.

Some people are acting like catching this virus is like a tap on the shoulder from the Grim Reaper.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seethetruth

Suicide, drug and alcohol addiction are way way way up. No one is talking about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you Boadicea, basically said the same things I was going to say.

That's exactly how my friends and family have responded.

My grandmother is a retired head nurse. She doesn't care to live all cooped up like she's a fragile thing ready to go at any moment.

She lives with her daughter who is a CRNA also doesn't care much for what's going on.

Both of them state that the virus is overblown, and my aunt has stated that practically all but a few of the people who work in the hospital say the virus is nothing to worry about

Someone mentioned it earlier or in another thread, but from what I've heard from my friends and family who work in hospitals a lot of people are getting hooked up with federally paid medical careb and operations under the guise of Covid-19, and the hospitals are making profit from that.

As far as contracting the virus, I'd rather get it, stay home while collecting sick pay, and then get back to work once I was better.

There's already "experts" expressing concern that even with a "vaccine" that there's no guarantee that it would cause immunity or long term resistance.

This coronavirus could, and probably will, become a yearly thing. Possibly even a year round thing like many other viruses.

So, let's say that they do come out with some vaccine, and after months and years it's discovered that whatever vaccine was approved doesn't work as well as it was supposed to. The virus continues to mutate, or the antibodies just don't last that long.

What then? Shut everything down again? Again, and again?

Some people live in reality, while a great many live with their heads in the cloud believing that at some point everyone will live forever happily ever after.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

You find yourself at your nieces funeral a week later...

Is this a real world example?

If it is, maybe the little niece with a serious Pre-existing health condition, shouldn’t have been at the family reunion. Lots of people coming from lots of different places...

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you Boadicea, basically said the same things I was going to say.

That's exactly how my friends and family have responded.

You're welcome -- and thank you for affirming the same!

My grandmother is a retired head nurse. She doesn't care to live all cooped up like she's a fragile thing ready to go at any moment.

Just like my mother-in-law, who will celebrate her 90th birthday this year. She's also a retired nurse, and she's quite capable and competent, as is my father-in-law. They are taking appropriate precautions, but refuse to stop living. My father-in-law says, "If it ain't this, it will be something else. Can't dodge every bullet." Fortunately, they live in a rural setting, which helps, but they still shop and conduct their business and attend small social gatherings. And, quite frankly, they've damn well earned that privilege!

Someone mentioned it earlier or in another thread, but from what I've heard from my friends and family who work in hospitals a lot of people are getting hooked up with federally paid medical careb and operations under the guise of Covid-19, and the hospitals are making profit from that.

Damn! But it figures. Someone always finds a way to game every system. The healthcare industry shows us again and again that they have their best interests at heart, not our best interests, and we're expected to trust their words/deeds with our very lives? Ugh.

As far as contracting the virus, I'd rather get it, stay home while collecting sick pay, and then get back to work once I was better.

That's exactly how my husband and I feel, and our kids are pretty much there now as well. They both got a little freaked with the early hype, and thought we weren't taking it seriously enough. Now that they understand it all a little better -- both the virus itself, AND the fearmongering and overhype -- they have a little better perspective on it.

Some people live in reality, while a great many live with their heads in the cloud believing that at some point everyone will live forever happily ever after.

Indeed... but ignorance is only bliss until it bites you in the arse, eh?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

if we die we die'

This is my thought and most everyone around me. If quality of life is sh!t, then What’s the point.

Very much this ^^^^^^

You can be locked in a 5-star luxury hotel penthouse suite, but if you're not allowed out of it, or only under heavy restrictions, it's still just a fancy f#g prison. Who willingly wants to live like that aside from the biggest & laziest underachievers on this rock?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What about people you infect?

If they die they die? No big deal?

Nope. Not any more so than the ones we might infect and kill from spreading a flu.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You ask what I say. I say you tell me who you want to sacrifice by infecting them. Tell me. What is their name? If you are so weak that you just can't take it any more, go ahead and just kill yourself. But what gives you the right to make that decision for others? That is the height of narcissistic arrogance. Again, tell me who you want to sacrifice. The fact that you don't know their name does not make them unimportant.
Or maybe, in your mind, it does.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

You ask what I say. I say you tell me who you want to sacrifice by infecting them. Tell me. What is their name? If you are so weak that you just can't take it any more, go ahead and just kill yourself. But what gives you the right to make that decision for others? That is the height of narcissistic arrogance. Again, tell me who you want to sacrifice. The fact that you don't know their name does not make them unimportant.

Maybe you should take your own shortcut life advice there? Long pier, tall cliff, building, whatever, and in the immortal words of Bender, do a flip. Someone's a whole lot more scared of life than the OP is, unless I've completely misinterpreted this post and you're all for freedom of choice. But I'm pretty sure you're not.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What gives anyone the right to take our constitutional freedoms away?

There was no asterisk in the Bill Of Rights that says — *Unless there is a politically driven Pandemic

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

Or, just let people decide for themselves. Being a stuntman, free rock climber, MMA fighter all dangerous. Nobody is forcing them to do it or stopping them.

Want to assume risks, mitigate them, not mitigate them who cares. Make them sign a waiver just like we do for many other things and stay out of it.

I agree with the OP but I don’t think your example is relevant. The whole hubbub is focused on pushing risk into others due to perceived irresponsible behaviour. All your examples only danger the consenting.

I’m surprised how many have starred your post. It’s irrelevant.

But I do not disagree with the OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You sound like you can feel Death's cold breath on your neck! When death occurs in only a small fraction of cases your "sacrifice" talk sounds as convincing as Biden's malarkey.
I will add though (if you really are taking requests), you can infect Hillary, although it seems that nothing will make her shuffle off.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I havea really simple request. Please tell me which clause of the Constitution says you don't have to weara little mask.

There was no asterisk in the Bill Of Rights that says — *Unless there is a politically driven Pandemic

I have a really simple request. Please tell me which clause of the Constitution says you don't have to wear a little mask. You get bonus points if you can cite any Supreme Court case construing that clause.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I havea really simple request. Please tell me which clause of the Constitution says you don't have to weara little mask.

I have a really simple request. Please tell me which clause of the Constitution says you don't have to wear a little mask. You get bonus points if you can cite any Supreme Court case construing that clause.

Additionally, I have a very simple request: Where did I say anything about wearing a mask in this thread?

Please, enlighten me.
edit on 8-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I say this is something that is still not well understood.

In Spain there are lockdowns again over a few hundred cases and we are worried our buisness might be closed again.

Keep your bravado to yourself.

Just got back to work and don't wanna be housebound again.

edit on 8-7-2020 by Tim2win because: being an arse

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Since the Constitution is a document outlining the limits of the government's powers, if it isn't spelled out in there (such as mandatory mask compliance), the citizen is free to choose.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join