It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this War with China?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Specifically, Wray said China is employing economic espionage to target American aviation, robotics, agriculture and health care sectors—part of a broader plan to subvert American economic dominance that has resulted in a 1,300% increase in economic espionage cases linked to China over the past decade. Already, Wray said the American people are victims “of what amounts to Chinese theft on a scale so massive that it represents one of the largest transfers of wealth in human history” and poses a major national security threat.

“China is engaged in a whole-of-state effort to become the world’s only superpower by any means necessary,” Wray said. “The greatest long-term threat to our nation’s information and intellectual property, and to our economic vitality, is the counterintelligence and economic espionage threat from China. It’s a threat to our economic security—and by extension, to our national security.”

To accomplish its ends, Wray said China uses “a diverse range of sophisticated techniques,” from using brutish cyber-intrusion tactics to penetrate and steal trade secrets to the corruption and bribing of “trusted insiders.” Wray cited several high-profile examples of each, including the hacking of credit reporting agency Equifax in 2017 by four Chinese military officers. The FBI charged the hackers—members of the People’s Liberation Army and Chinese intelligence agencies—in 2020, only after they made off with trade secrets and personal data on 145 million Americans.

FBI Opens a New China-Related Counterintelligence Investigation Every 10 Hours, Director Says

I really believe we are in some kind of war with the CCP.

It's not a cold war or a hot war. It is so much more than just a cyber war. It's not a shooting war, what do you call this kind of war? Where a country attacks you on many different fronts and in so many different ways.

When I say China. I am taking about the CCP, not the people of China. I think the US should do everything it can, short of starting a nuke/ground war, to help the people of China change their government.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It would appear to be a war of attrition

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

A trade war yes..

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There goes the Democrat cash-cow.

The Clintons, Bidens and Pelosis have made an absolute fortune, from Chinese interests.

It certainly explains why the Democrats defend China so vehemently... they are puppets; bought, and paid for.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Another way of looking at it is that the US of A has many citizens in high places willing to sell secrets for money.

Take out the sellers and the buyers have nothing.

China had a lot of insider help in the US and still has.

Let me know when those crooked ones are locked up.

P

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It is if Trump wants four more years. LoL

I think the people of America should mind their own god darned beeswax.

And address there own concerns, like the number of people you have incarcerated, or the race/class war that seems to be raging even stronger than before.

After all, charity begins at home, and policing the world is what got you into this mess in the first place.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

A lot of times the "inside help" are Chinese Americans or Guests.

The USSR did it too. Like in the show The Americans.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It is if Trump wants four more years. LoL

I think the people of America should mind their own god darned beeswax.

And address there own concerns, like the number of people you have incarcerated, or the race/class war that seems to be raging even stronger than before.

After all, charity begins at home, and policing the world is what got you into this mess in the first place.

A few good points you have made.

I think we should mind our own business too. China is attacking our country and the world. You think that should be ignored?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

We are all attacking each other mate, on multiple different levels and playing fields, and have been since time immemorial.

I don't think China should be ignored, but people in glass houses canny through stones.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

We are all attacking each other mate, on multiple different levels and playing fields, and have been since time immemorial.

I don't think China should be ignored, but people in glass houses canny through stones.

The United States is not a glass house.

The Chinese can throw stones. They can throw fits. The can cause global pandemics. They won't attack directly, because they know, they will have their a$$es handed to them.

They have done an admirable job, purchasing politicians and media interests. I will give them that...

However... NO foreign power will EVER be a threat to the United States, so long as we keep and armed populace.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

This is true, infact it even applies to some GOP as well.

We need better systems in place to combat China.

However, its also the type of Gov and a meaningful response as well.

National security analyst see China one of the greatest threats facing the United States and its allies. According to an emerging conventional wisdom, China has the leg up on the U.S. in part because its authoritarian government can strategically plan for the long term, unencumbered by competing branches of government, regular elections, and public opinion. Yet this faith in autocratic ascendance and democratic decline is contrary to historical fact. China may be able to put forth big, bold plans—the kinds of projects that analysts think of as long term—but the visionary projects of autocrats don’t usually pan out.

Source:www.theatlantic.com...
Apr 3, 2020.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes, more guns than people is the obvious answer. LoL

The United States is 244 years old, in the grand scheme of things, not even a toddler yet nevermind glasshouse.

And as fragile and susceptible to change as any other nation on Earth.

Seems to me it's not the foreign powers that are of immediate concern, but the will of your own people that's the real point of contention.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The NWO would of taken over by now if not for our guns, IMO anyway.

I think China has a big part in the NWO.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Over 10,000 assault weapons parts imported from CHINA were seized in Louisville 40 days ago.

Source: www.whas11.com...

Might have been destined to ANTIFA and BLM Terrorists?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes, more guns than people is the obvious answer. LoL

The United States is 244 years old, in the grand scheme of things, not even a toddler yet nevermind glasshouse.

And as fragile and susceptible to change as any other nation on Earth.

Seems to me it's not the foreign powers that are of immediate concern, but the will of your own people that's the real point of contention.

A nation is only as fragile, as the will of the people.

Americans are NOT fragile. Certainly, the snowflakes and hipsters will fold quickly... the SJWs, the spoiled left and their associates... the will fold like heavily starched underwear. They have sold us out, and will sell their souls to the highest bidder.

The rest of us... those of us in "flyover" country... we don't quit. We are the wildcards, and we scare the hell out of them.

I'm pretty OK with that.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

"Ok" is not how i would judge the current predicament your nation or a multitude of others face in this day of age.

Change is on the wind, for the better or worse.

And it's not the people that have sold you out, that would be the bankers, and corporations, that wag the politicians tail from behind the curtain.

And "they" are not pretty "OK" with change, as the status quo is the colour of there day.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

"Ok" is not how i would judge the current predicament your nation or a multitude of others face in this day of age.

Change is on the wind, for the better or worse.

And it's not the people that have sold you out, that would be the bankers, and corporations, that wag the politicians tail from behind the curtain.

And "they" are not pretty "OK" with change, as the status quo is the colour of there day.

I guess that is the difference, between Americans and everybody else.

No matter how bad crap gets. No matter how the rest of the world hates us. We are who we are. When the crap hits the fan, we come together and figure it out. We care about our neighbors, and we stand together... especially, against douche bags. We have been doing it for a long time, and we will keep doing it.

We will be Americans. It's who we are.
edit on 7-7-2020 by madmac5150 because: Yarrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hate is a strong word.

Time was most nations aspired to be just like or very similar to the USA.

If you care about your neighbors, then why all the big nonsensical walls?

It's not America that needs to come together per-say, but the collective rest of the world if we ever wish to address the real problems we face as a race.

Americans are indeed who you are, can't argue with that.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hate is a strong word.

Time was most nations aspired to be just like or very similar to the USA.

If you care about your neighbors, then why all the big nonsensical walls?

It's not America that needs to come together per-say, but the collective rest of the world if we ever wish to address the real problems we face as a race.

Americans are indeed who you are, can't argue with that.

We need that "nonsensical wall" to keep foreign adversaries out. That "nonsensical wall" keeps out both narcotics, and terrorists. You are blind to the facts. I used to live in southern Arizona; I have seen the mayhem created by having an open border with a lawless neighbor. The crime pours north, and the dollars flow south. It has to end.

I served my country, for over 20 years. I fought the politician's wars.

There is a war brewing... and it's not a politician's war.

The media is actively selling it... haven't you been watching?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join