It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Daniels dead at 83...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

"Anyway, here again we have lost another stellar and very talented musician..."

We sure have,
My band used to cover, 'The Devil'..but I played the fiddle lines on lead guitar with a slighty 'dirty' sound...feckin' hell, it was like driving a Ferrari at a very high speed! sounded dead on though.

R.I.P. Charlie, long may he live.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Heard that 'Devil' song on the radio driving to work today for probably the first time. I missed it somehow. It was quite good!
Nice narrative.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

How long ago was that?

I bet it would be an interesting sound to play the lead using a bowed guitar, in the likes of Jimmy Page, and Jonsi, from Sigur Ros, in essence a fiddled guitar...I can't even imagine how that would sound.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
we lost a good one for sure...I heard a really nice story about charlie daniels......years ago he and his band were on a plane.,...there was bad weather and the plane had to land in another city...charlie paid for buses not just for his band but for every passenger on that plane with them....

not only that but he stood at each bus and shook the hand of every passenger as they got n the bus...very sad that he is gone...thought others would enjoy this story ...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: smurfy

How long ago was that?

I bet it would be an interesting sound to play the lead using a bowed guitar, in the likes of Jimmy Page, and Jonsi, from Sigur Ros, in essence a fiddled guitar...I can't even imagine how that would sound.

Doing the cover wasn't so long ago well past milllennium, I simply used a Strat and a Korg that gave me as much sustain as I needed.
Anywhere we played, all the kids, boys or girls, were looking for more retro stuff, as were the older set anyway, all fed up at the fare of the day.
My pro days go back to the 60' to late 70's, then I played Bass, and funny enough when you mention the bow, I used a bow on the bass part, (which is basically a one note line through the verse) for Procol Harum's, 'Homburg' on a Precision Bass...that worked out alright too, and a heck of a sound, you did get an odd particle board ceiling tile passing by from time to time though, and of course, a fiddle's stringing is very convex compared to an electric Bass....but still, enough room to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join