It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill be debating intersectionality tonight at 8pm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Boadicea

The person i am debating s trans i believe, so i am sure the nature of understanding women better will be brought up.

Thanks for the kind words though, itll be fun

Why did you have to tell me that? The image of a fat man and a transsexual getting together ...please, just stop while there's still time!!

Oh sure, it will start out innocent enough with the debate thing, but when you two get all excited in the heat of the altercation...yikes!!
edit on 6-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have been asked to debate a person who is a marxist and a staunch defender of intersectionality this evening at 8pm et. .......

......and will probably be fun to watch a bunch of marxists scream how evil and racist i am, so feel free to join in if you like!

Sorry, I think I'll give it a swerve.....in fact I think I'd rather chew my own bollocks off.

However, I know this may surprise you but I hope you give him/her or whatever they are supposed to be called today a thorough thrashing....but not literally.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

was old uncle Joe Stalin A oppressor or a victim?
The people groups he wiped out were they victims or oppressors?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Intersectionality is the academic movement that claims we should view everyone through the lens of their victimhood, and break them into categories based on things like race, gender, etc., and then one group of those is oppressors and the others oppressed.

The strong, competent and able never need to scream about being oppressed and under-privileged. There are lots of intelligent, successful minorities/women/homosexuals/etc. What is and always has been true throughout the entirety of human history is that the weak will always demand that the strong lower themselves to their level, because they can't handle the fact that they aren't equal to them. That's really the core of the issue, the weak demanding equality so they can pretend they're not weak.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: Boadicea

The person i am debating s trans i believe, so i am sure the nature of understanding women better will be brought up.

Thanks for the kind words though, itll be fun

Why did you have to tell me that? The image of a fat man and a transsexual getting together ...please, just stop while there's still time!!

Oh sure, it will start out innocent enough with the debate thing, but when you two get all excited in the heat of the altercation...yikes!!

Wait fat? Shes not fat.

Unless you mean......,

Oh man, this is really a wake up call

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I’m sure they dont mean you . If theyre Marxist intersectionalists then what are they calling you ?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And also all oppressed groups must unite to fight the oppressors, evil white cis gendered wealthy christian men.

Umm sounds like a taylor swift rally.

# 1131

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I have been asked to debate a person who is a marxist and a staunch defender of intersectionality this evening at 8pm et.

The debate will be hosted by a third party moderator, and will occur live on this channel, www.twitch.tv...

Im sure it will get heated, and will probably be fun to watch a bunch of marxists scream how evil and racist i am, so feel free to join in if you like!

Ill also post a link to the recorded video after its done some time tomorrow

Is there any way you can upload the debate? I was working unfortunately

Thanks
edit on 6-7-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I tuned in late and just watched maybe 20 minutes......
Just as I suspected he would, Grambler has dismantled this person.
From what I saw, this person has no business even debating the merits of what style potato salad would be better.
Incredible.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

There were some debatable points, lots. And would have built a rather well established conversation. The other person just didn't grasp the concept of what the hell was going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: RazorV66

There were some debatable points, lots. And would have built a rather well established conversation. The other person just didn't grasp the concept of what the hell was going on.

That I'd an extremely common trend in self identified victims.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It was entertaining at times but mostly it was a one sided fight. Reason being.... in order to apply intersectionality in any way to the broader society (beyond each individual’s view of the world) it has to be done on an (almost) entirely emotional basis.

I would very much like to see a similar debate with a stronger proponent of intersectionality (although by my previous statement, one may not exist).

As a constructive criticism, although I knew what he was saying, for the benefit of others listening in, I think Rob could have done a better job explaining how the philosophy leads to instances like the rapes in Europe by “disadvantaged” individuals and the role intersectionality played.

Edit to add regarding the last part of my post: Perhaps he could have explained how some people use things like race and ethnicity to mitigate horrible deeds done by some perpetrators while increasing the apparent severity of relatively less harmful deeds by others.

edit on 6-7-2020 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
To the OP. Good luck.

Intersectionality is a minefield of personal opinion, feelings, selectivity, distraction, ideology and with a smattering of truth. It's all about perceived and actual oppression. It's all bollocks. A curtain for people to hide behind while pretending they have the intellectual and moral high ground, but usually have neither, or if they did then they would not be able to easily show it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I agree with your criticism. I wanted to spend more time discussing how the idea of considering some groups oppressed leads to excusing them from heinous actions they may take.

The problem was it was very hard to focus on that when my opponent refused to even take a stable stance on what intersectionality was, and constantly interrupted me and filibustered.

I hope that it came across that i left her make her point at all times, but i was constantly interupted, hich although i feel i am pretty good and dealing with, does affect my train of thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Have you ever watched any of Jordan Petersons Pinocchio lectures?

I think you might find them interesting. They touch on this subject through a historical perspective quite a bit. He rips on the USSR a lot.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Good job, Grambler!

You exercised the patience of a saint, remained reasonable and agreeable even when your opponent was not, and asked thought provoking questions.

Much respect and admiration!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

When dialogue is made impossible, violence is made inevitable.

I believe much of the point of this form of thinking is to stop the ability to have discourse about the subject. If we are not able to have any form of understanding between eachother of the human condition we have dehumanized our opposition. This not an argument made out of reason, it’s the break down point where agreement can no longer be reached and the next step is to attempt to dominate or submit. Forcing that choice seems to be the goal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join