It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ennio Morricone R.I.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The great Italian composer has passed away age 91.

Composer of the greatest spaghetti western film score, he was a true legend.

Rest In Peace your music will live on forever.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Sad news, a true talent left! Morricone's music was deep and it fit so well the spaghetti western movies. I really enjoyed them and their soundtracks. May God bless your soul!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sad news.
You are right to say he was a legend.
Any films he composed for stood out from the rest due to his music I think.

He was a unique talent,instantly recognisable,often copied but never equalled.

edit on 6/7/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: yt

edit on 6/7/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: yt

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Damn my Dad had The Good the Bad and the Ugly soundtrack album, we spent many Sundays playing pool and listening to the whole album down in our basement in the 70's and 80's, pretty much all he had to do was start playing music and we'd show up. We all loved the whole album and of course, all the movies too, remember decades later walking outside the Bellagio in Vegas and hearing it played during the water show, brought all of those memories flooding back, RIP Dad, RIP Ennio
edit on 6-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Absolute legend, fact.

"The Ecstasy of Gold"

edit on 6/7/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Not to mention they always played this at the start of every Metallica concert. And everytime I got goosebumps. True legend.

edit on 6-7-2020 by youcanttellthepeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

he was the best filmcomposer ever. period. rip.

one of the best western:

a less known soundtrack but beautiful:

without words:

edit on 6-7-2020 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
R.I.P. Lil Ennio! Thank you for providing my ears with your wonderful sound!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sad news about a great composer.

R.I.P.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
He made some awesome sound tracks to some classic movies, I hope the orchestra on the other side are ready for his arrangements!!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Memories! One summer when I was about eight, my kid brother and I went around to neighbour's houses a few blocks away from our house and told them my folks were going to the salvation army and if they had any junk to get rid of we could take it for them... we gathered up boxes and boxes of stuff over time then had a garage sale with it all. To our surprise, those neighbours all came to our garage sale and saw their stuff being resold. We got in so much trouble. A few blocks away is a world to a kid, not so to adults. Anyhow, we got left with a box of records and a beat up cardboard record player. One of them was the soundtrack to the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. That record got played til it was so scratched it wouldn't play. Beautiful to hear all these again!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No doubt one of the all-time greats. His contribution to film is no less than monumental. It's Mt Rushmore in size. A guy like Ennio probably only comes around once every 50 years!

My musical tribute:

Ennio Tribute

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This tribute record came out in 2002, it's still one of my favorites -

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This man was incredible.

That final scene from once upon a time in the west with the harmonica, his music the tells the ebntire story with no words neccessary.

It tears me up, fills me with sadness, rage and satisfaction all at the same time.

I dont know if this is true, but i read somewhere once that sergio leone actually showed ennio the script to once upon a time in the west before any filming took place

Then he had ennio write a theme for all the 4 main charcters.

This was then the first movie in history that I am aware that the sound track was recorded before the movie, and then played on set of the movie during each scene, so the actors could walk in step with the music and feel what their characters truly were.

Absoultely incredible

ALso, the ecstasy of gold may be the greatest song of all time.

If ever i am called upon to make a final stand, that is the song id want playing.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thanks!!! That needed to be said!

The baritone guitar has its roots in scores (close your eyes and hear, The GBU, then hear, “Rock Lobster” to understand this influence).

I glanced at this in headlines but didn’t know his first name... but all the music queued up! Even ‘Orca’!!

That is d@mn good legacy!!!

Thanks for the inspiration to the people whom we all know “slinging a baritone” (including yours truly)!!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

ALso, the ecstasy of gold may be the greatest song of all time.

Here here

I re-discovered this classic a couple months ago.

It takes one to a higher plane

join