It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's Body Found In New Jersey Water Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If you live in New Jersey, be sure you know the source of your city supplied drinking water. A woman's body was recovered from a large water tower, she had been missing for almost a week. Yes, she was found after the tank was drained. Police are treating this as a homicide, I hope the autopsy report will ascertain whether this was an accident, suicide, or a homicide.

www.newswatch50.com
People in 17 New Jersey towns have been warned to boil water after the body of a woman was found in a huge water tank.

Authorities found the body of Geetha Angara, 43, in a Passaic Valley Water Commission tank Wednesday evening. Angara, a senior chemist who had worked for the commission for 12 years, had last been seen about 10 a.m. Tuesday as she went to check instruments at a water holding tank.

The body was found at the bottom of a tank that holds millions of gallons of water after the tank was drained, the New York Post reported Thursday. The woman's husband and one of her three children were at the plant when the body was found

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have worked on many of these types of tanks, of which are either ground storage or elevated tanks. It is hard for me to imagine what led to this ladies demise. If she was testing the water there are valves available for this purpose. I have seen many objects and remains inside of water tanks, including pigeons and raccoons. Almost all tanks have a covering of muck on the floor of the tank, or sediment if you will, visible after the tank is drained. I am sure this article will convince people to drink purified water, and know the source of same.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Journey]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Journey]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Damn...

I wonder why they drained it? No mention in the article. Maybe they suspected something.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
When looking up other news about this, I found this longer article. I don’t know a thing about water tanks of this type, but due to the weight of the steel grate, I find it odd indeed.

New Jersey Media Group

Is it common practice for these tanks to be left open? If so, I’m really glad I bother to filter my water at home. Not that I believe that’s getting everything out of a glass of water.

-VW

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, what happened to the title of the thread?

Anyway, I don't drink tap water, don't know many who do. I do cook with it sometimes, though.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I wondered this myself. After reading 3 different reports of this online, no mention whatsover of why they drained the tanks.

Perhaps this is police procedure? Last chance of locating a clue? These tanks are very large, and I have to also wonder how often they drain, is there a procedure for such an action, and where does the water go when drained?

-VW

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Why they drained it?
The article mention this : "The woman's husband and one of her three children were at the plant when the body was found "...
I guess this indicates that they suspected she was there...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I would be inclined to think that the tank was drained because that was her last known location. In a desperate search for her probaly. Most tanks are drained every couple of years anyhow for an interior inspection. It could have been close to that time and they decided to go ahead.
I can not imagine how she got inside, though. The tanks have an access hatch on the roof, and this is always padlocked. There is no reason to go on the inside, unless repairs or recoating operations are needed. The inside of the tank is painted with a submersible coating, generally epoxy, to prevent corrosion or rust.

top topics

join