It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May She Always Be Free

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm not interested in fighting over political tropes. I am interested in discussing ideas and concepts that are central to the preservation of liberty.

These ideas and concepts are far larger than any person or office held in the Land. If taken to their maximal extent and allowed to be realized they outlast all men whose faces are carved in stone or whose portraits line the halls of our most hallowed political institutions.

These ideas will outlast the stones of the White House. Mt. Rushmore will crumble. All of our statues will oxidize. But those ideas will always be there.

The founders did not give us a 'Republic if we could keep it'. They gave us an idea if we could nurture it.

Happy 4th of July. Long Live the United States of America. May she always be free.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Agreed..

She ain’t always perfect but her heart is in the right place most of the time.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Happy 4th of July. Long Live the United States of America. May she always be free.

Amen.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The founders did not give us a 'Republic if we could keep it'. They gave us an idea if we could nurture it.

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!

Happy Independence Day!

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm not interested in fighting over political tropes. I am interested in discussing ideas and concepts that are central to the preservation of liberty.

These ideas and concepts are far larger than any person or office held in the Land. If taken to their maximal extent and allowed to be realized they outlast all men whose faces are carved in stone or whose portraits line the halls of our most hallowed political institutions.

These ideas will outlast the stones of the White House. Mt. Rushmore will crumble. All of our statues will oxidize. But those ideas will always be there.

Well said....what we have to be careful of is the minority taking over the role of the majority....

edit on 4-7-2020 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
She always had rockin tits long live lady liberty!

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Too late. The freedom is gone. Welcome the blossoming tyranny. When it unfolds you'll find it smells like the giant corpse flower...but don't worry. It's just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

That's because she is FRENCH.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We all, or most of us at least, learned those simple concepts.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

Four simple things yet so hard to see through the fog at times.

• Life
  • Liberty
  • The pursuit of Happiness
  • Governance by the people.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was thinking at work today, earning a wage so I can afford the extensive list of "needs" that I am unwilling to part with. Some of it is food, and medicine, clothes, gas, insurance...bills...membership fees...internet connection...and other junk.

I found myself wondering, what exactly does independence mean? Is it freedom? Opportunity? The Stanley parable of our lives? Our right to choose, or not choose? The more I think about being a creature of my own means, the more I think about how those means own me. And our nation seems more and more dependent lately, in so many ways.

So I ask again, what does independence mean? And what are we doing with it?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

To me, an independent America begins with an independent American people. Meaning self-sufficient with minimal assistance where necessary.

Educated, capable, and disciplined individuals come from strong nuclear families with solid values and disciplined habits.

Strong nuclear families.

Quality educational opportunities provided both by the state and private sectors.

Supply chains that are vastly independent of the rest of the world and powered by 21st-century logistics management tools and systems.

Powerful, well-trained, well-equipped, and well-funded military services.

Discipline is the cornerstone of the individual. The individual is the cornerstone of the community. The community is the cornerstone of the nation. The foundations are the Bill of Rights/Constitution, our responsibilities as citizens, and the stewardship of liberty for which we must all inevitably sacrifice, be it our money or our blood.

I think we've discussed our Rights long enough and we are now ready to discuss the second half of liberty; Responsibility.
edit on 7 4 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Brotherman

That's because she is FRENCH.

Some things are timeless =D

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

we are now ready to discuss the second half of liberty; Responsibility.

Welcome Jordan Peterson to the thread

Sorry, I wanted see if another poster responding to a recent thread of yours was pulling his/her interpretation of your words from other posts you have made. It seems that is not the case. Sometimes we immerse ourselves in stuff that colors everything else we encounter, and that appears to have been the case with the other poster.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I think it's just people assuming they know who I am coupled with a severe lack of reading comprehension replete in that thread

You're one of the few who get it.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Thanks. I try to "get it". I often fail, but I am willing to step back and see where I may be off. It's the only way to grow and progress.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I think we've discussed our Rights long enough and we are now ready to discuss the second half of liberty; Responsibility.

I have been paying a butt load of taxes into the system for 50 years and all I see are bailouts for the banks and already profitable 'to big to fail' Corporations, graft, corruption and waste. I didn't even get a covid check to help keep my retail business afloat and help my employees; fell thru the bureaucratic cracks once again; hung out to dry like I expected.

Responsible use of taxdollars is where we should start.

Personal responsibility, I served, pay my taxes and observe the laws of the Republic. What more do you want?

edit on 23-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

Thanks. I try to "get it". I often fail, but I am willing to step back and see where I may be off. It's the only way to grow and progress.

That makes your input all the more valuable to me and I appreciate it. It means you didn't come in already agreeing or disagreeing with me. You showed up willing to ask the right questions. For that I thank you.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Personal responsibility, I served, pay my taxes and observe the laws of the Republic. What more do you want?

It isn't that simple. The emphasis on our rights (rightly so considering the history of government stewardship of rights) has had one notable negative consequence: That's the ME mentality that we have fostered over the last 50 years. That, in turn, has created a perpetual victim mentality in many that gave birth to the online cancel culture that has uplifted a new Grievance class who will destroy you for holding the wrong opinions or approved opinions not expressed strongly enough.

The element missing? Responsibility. Not on the part of those who express themselves freely and contribute to society but on those who would destroy others for the effort.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I can't obsess about the ME culture. Granted it is a "thing" but I don't think it's pervasive as you seem to think.
Perhaps it's just my industry but all I see are young folks busting their ass to move up the ladder. Working for barely min. wage as an apprentice, understudy or intern; but still willing to learn the ropes and work for the chance at a more lucrative future in the Union or above the line. I feel honored to be associated with such ambition, enthusiasm and passion from those young folks that had rather work than whine. Perhaps they are part of the ME culture you are referring to...idk. But they aren't expecting any free handouts, they work, hoping for a better future for themselves, their family and humanity.

Seems like the epitome of being responsible...to reference your other thread.
edit on 23-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I work with some pretty legitimate people as well. My training sessions on the mats are usually partnered with brilliant and talented young people.

But the psychology of the Grievance Class isn't so cut and dry. It's in the overall behavior that we engage in.

You touched on it in a previous post with regard to government spending and debt. But I see that as a symptom of an overall instant-gratification, me-first mentality that permeates our culture. Politics, as we know, is downstream of culture and boy are we seeing the effects of that mentality in display irrespective of political party or ideological underpinnings.

new topics

top topics

join