It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is here to stay. People will have to adapt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So pre-covid did you wear a mask to prevent the spread of a flu, cold or any other virus infection?

If not
how many people do you consider you are responsible for catching it from you?
Do you feel responsible for their death, sickness or long term health effects
or
would you consider it a vaccination service to build herd immunity on top of the natural immunity to Corona viruses?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

So pre-covid did you wear a mask to prevent the spread of a flu, cold or any other virus infection?

No. I stayed home when I got sick (rarely). As would I should I have symptoms and/or a positive test for COVID.

COVID is not a cold. COVID is not the flu. I've never had COVID. Nor had anyone else until a few months ago.

Yes. An effective vaccine for COVID would be good.

edit on 7/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Every word of your thread title is true. It will be interesting to see HOW our adaptation will be implemented. By force from government, or via our free-will.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But all of those viruses kill people and have no effective vaccine for the mutations.

You probably in denial as well coz you were spread your sickness before the symptoms showed.

But you can ignore the facts all you want, if you had a virus, you spread a virus. Shame on you for not wearing a mask your whole life.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

But you can ignore the facts all you want, if you had a virus, you spread a virus. Shame on you for not wearing a mask your whole life.

But the common cold is nothing like COVID. Influenza is more dangerous than the cold but because of natural immunity and vaccines, there is a high level of herd immunity. And you are wrong that flu vaccines are ineffective.

But, if a killer variety of the cold showed up. Or a highly virulent strain of flu, mitigation measures would be called for. We've had 130,000 people die in 4 months. You don't think something should be done to try to keep those numbers from increasing further?

It's a mask. A piece of cloth or paper.

edit on 7/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25284046]Phage[/

If an unmasked and infected person coughs near my, my mask won't help much.

Now there's something that happens everyday. Total germophobic paranoia.
Science has you listening to quacks and believing the human is nasty. How
in the hell do these governors who put covid patients in nursing homes
still remain credible to anyone?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
"...Influenza has officially reached epidemic proportions in the United States, with 7.3 percent of deaths last week caused by pneumonia and the flu, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday."

uk.reuters.com...

"The percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia and the flu is 7.1% which is notable because it is below the epidemic threshold of 7.3%."

www.contagionlive.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't recall any mitigation efforts when 80,000 people died of the flu 2 winters ago...and thats with vaccines

www.statnews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I long for the day, that Men, were Men. And Women were, Women!.... And the "government" and "Science boy's". Did their "nonsense" "privately".

Strange. How the servants become the "master"? In as little as, 200 years?... How "history", doesn't change. And apparently? Nobody "learns"/is actually "educated" from it?...

"Teacher", is the new "clown". Only an "educated" monkey, can teach a monkey.... Idiots.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Remember when "owning a gun" was more "deadly than a "swimming pool"? Which it never was.

Or more deadly than living in Chicago?..
Nevermind.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Yeah,.. epidemic, pandemic, "virus", "global"... Blah, blah and blah.

One would think they'd get exhausted, just "reporting" their own nonsense.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It would be nice if the mask was 100% effective against the virus, and the virus itself had a higher mortality rate. It would certainly weed out an intellectual drain on society.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Also we need to improve our sanitation methods in general.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We always knew there would be more cases, more hospitalizations, and unfortunately more deaths. We shut down to spread out the cases as to not overwhelm the hospitals, in the first phase that's been basically accomplished. Now the hospitals are slowly becoming better aware and trained in the next set of cases. Yea people ought to wear a mask and practice good hygiene protocols but beyond that, it's kind of bull chit. It's purely anecdotal but Georgia an early opening state has seen an uptick on cases and a slight rise in hospitalizations and thankfully deaths have been flat to lower. Even that data shows certain hot spots throughout the state and quite a few of those aren't even in the most populous counties. You could possibly infer from that data since we have been reopened that those populous counties that were hard hit earlier are now really increasing their herd immunity, while the shutdown slowed its progression in the less populous hot spots that are now seeing a surge.

As for ICU beds yes 77% of then are in use but only 28% of these are COVID related, As mentioned before the state moved the 200 temp IC beds from GWCC in Atlanta south to Milledgeville, because they were never used. In a state of 11 million people, there have been 11,653 hospitalizations 2856 deaths.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
the whole thing is utter BS, and i'm not adapting to anything.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

What truly concerns me, in the USA, is those people that are allowing themselves to be manipulated by all this talk of 'personal rights' (which is actually self-centered fear talking).

What a crock. First, it's sure as hell not the people saying, "you do what's right for you, and let me do what's right for me," who are the ones speaking from self-centered fear. Exactly the opposite. By definition, the "self-centered" ones would be the ones demanding that we all wear face masks for THEIR protection... by definition the ones speaking from "fear" are the ones who are so damn scared of this virus (and their own body) that they are making "self-centered" demands on others.

And it is being done with absolutely no regard or respect or concern for the needs of others.

Much less the very real need for some percentage of the population to become infected and to recover and attain herd immunity. In truth, it's these badasses who are strong enough and courageous enough to risk themselves for EVERYONE's benefit that will provide protection for others.

I will also point out that without people actually becoming sick, allowing doctors and researchers to observe and study the virus' presentation, progression, etc., that the medical industry will learn about CoVid and the best and most effective means of treating the virus. We can run but we cannot hide, so we might as well make the most and the best of what nature provides for our overall best long-term interests.

The Founders of this country put the good of the nation (however they or you define it) above their own personal comfort and pocketbook.

Actually, virtually everything the Founders accomplished did exactly the opposite, because they knew that it was during the most trying times that our individual rights are MOST IMPORTANT. Our Founding Fathers understood that the corrupt will exploit the fear and panic of the people for a power grab that will never end.

If we compare this to criminal proceedings, virtually every principle of fairness and justice is thrown out the window. You want me (and everyone) to wear a mask because we might be infected and we might be infectious and you might catch it and you might die from it.

Reasonable suspicion? Nope! Even asymptomatic people are suspect until proven dead.

Evidence? Nope! No positive test results necessary to play judge and jury.

Quick and speedy trial? Nope! No trial, no evidence, just sentenced to indefinite masking...

The purpose has always been to slow the spread, not stop the spread. Just as this is our choice, it is our choice how much we do or don't do to slow the spread. We can also slow the spread through voluntary measures, allowing people to decide for themselves their level of risk and the precautions they choose to take, in accordance with their needs and circumstances.

We still have a right to live in harmony and according to the laws of nature -- NOT MAN. If I want to take my chances with this virus, allowing my body's natural immune system to fight this virus according to the laws of nature, that is my right. I can do so by myself and for myself, and it is my absolute inalienable right to do so. God and Mother Nature might have a different plan, but that is for God and Mother Nature to decide. It is not up to Man to take that right away.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Cash money and coins are easy to disinfect. I recommend keeping a small plastic bleach 'dunk container' in your car, and when you get cash / coins, put it in there, shake it around, then take your currency out to dry for a bit, and it is disinfected. After you handle cash that hasn't been 'dunked', use hand wipes or hand sanitizer. The bleach dunk tank method is easy. You can use the dunk tank method for other non-cash objects too, as long as they are durable enough that the bleach solution won't degrade them of course. Remember to change your bleach solution about once a week for best results.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: panoz77

Cash money and coins are easy to disinfect. I recommend keeping a small plastic bleach 'dunk container' in your car, and when you get cash / coins, put it in there, shake it around, then take your currency out to dry for a bit, and it is disinfected. After you handle cash that hasn't been 'dunked', use hand wipes or hand sanitizer. The bleach dunk tank method is easy. You can use the dunk tank method for other non-cash objects too, as long as they are durable enough that the bleach solution won't degrade them of course. Remember to change your bleach solution about once a week for best results.

LOL, you expect people to carry around a dunk tank with them? LOL, what about the change you are handed at a store? Take out your dunk tank? LOL

Undiluted bleach isn't a nice thing to handle, what do you recommend, 10% dilution LOL

I would laugh you out of the store if I saw you with your "bleach tank", you would also be a Youtube WORLDSTAR.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I don’t know where you got that from but man is that really inaccurate.

link

There ya go buddy.

Here ya go buddy, this is far more telling (from the same site).

Link

edit on 4-7-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Bull#.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join