It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Important Book You Will Ever Read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
'The Naked Ape' by Desmond Morris - sorry to put this in CT but it deserves to be here.

Everyone has different fingerprints and we are all part of one species.

Cults would prefer you did not know anthropology and I would invite you to ignore them and read this absolute classic.

Author:

Birmingham and Oxford universities, he became the curator of mammals at London Zoo in 1959, a post he held for eight years. In 1967 he published The Naked Ape which was to sell over 10 million copies worldwide. An accomplished artist, television presenter and film maker, Desmond Morris's works have been published in over thirty-six countries.

Link:

www.google.com...://evolbiol.ru/docs/docs/large_files/naked_ape.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjbo6T1l6_qAhXYDmMBHQgvDiIQFjAHe gQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2yuKgeANMh0LD5G2afJ9XO

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No doubt can't link it - type in zoologist Google free books before insane cultists delete it.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

and it all started in good old africa. what i know that some of his theories are outdated today but i will read it! thanks for the tip. the book-title is cool!

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You made a statement but you did not back up your statement with your own words.

Would you mind explaining why this is the most important book I will ever read?

Thank you

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"the naked ape" explores the nature of the physical human identity as an animal like every other mammal in the jungle.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I read The Naked Ape when I was 12. It gave me some valuable insights into body language and human behaviour that were quite useful. It is without a doubt an important book but certainly not the most important one I have ever read.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Can this book help for survival in arid environments?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
A good read but flawed in many ways.

The idea of comparing breasts to bottoms and lips to labia to make a walking 'male attractant' is preposterous to say the least.

And as males 'went out for weeks at a time' hunting, no mention is made of the women at home, according to the book they of course did not hunt, so did their off spring starve?

Too many gaps in this very old fashioned but good read.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

You made a statement but you did not back up your statement with your own words.

Yes well received mate and ridiculously bad OP posted whilst ridiculously drunk.

Actually had my first encounter with a woke person who advised me that the scientific field of anthropology was inherently 'racist' so was rather pissed off (and incensed).

Awesome book though and a good beginners guide to the subject -maybe one of the most important books that everyone should read at least once in their life.

a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

It's a bit harsh but this was one of the first videos ever posted on YouTube. - seems more relevant than ever.

new topics

top topics

join