It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: China Three Gorges Dam Unstable - Possible Collapse Soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I would say if the Three gorges Dam actually fails , so does the CCP, it was only passed with a two thirds vote in the assembly. The most vociferous opponent was disappeared after he predicted everything that happened so far except the actual failure.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: pteridine

I would say if the Three gorges Dam actually fails , so does the CCP, it was only passed with a two thirds vote in the assembly. The most vociferous opponent was disappeared after he predicted everything that happened so far except the actual failure.

This seems to be the general consensus. The CCP will lose after the crops fail and the floods kill many more than the WuFlu. A problem would be if leadership decides to go down with a scorched earth policy but I suspect the second tier will blame and remove current leadership during the confusion and maintain power. Xi will be gone along with his cronies and the next layer will replace them. People won't have time or inclination for politics while starving and drowning and will accept it.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties

I'd bet they can find him hiding in the 7 Acre Wood.

My heart aches for the 400mil poor souls who could suffer because of this directly. And the rest of the world who will suffer indirectly. But China is among the last corners of the Earth that seems ok with putting everyone at risk to make a few bucks.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I read somewhere recently (don't remember where) that China builds it's cities without any drainage systems. The article didn't say why.... but I doubt if it's because of topography since it would probably vary in the different regions. I assume it's because the CCP just doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Update

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants,

Past rains have caused the flood plain. Its all built on flood plain. Very difficult to do drayage except back into the river.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: MissSmartypants,

Past rains have caused the flood plain. Its all built on flood plain. Very difficult to do drayage except back into the river.

Oh. Thank you. I always enjoy learning something new.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It is not getting better only worse. youtu.be...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join