It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Gorges Dam ... start of a war with China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Dear ATS'ers please try and follow my logic as to why I believe if the Three Gorges Dam breaks I believe it will start a war with China. I am a self admitted twitter watcher. I starting following hashtags on the pandemic from China in November of last year . Among the videos I watched were Chinese farmers destroying their crops because they could not get them to market, this created a food crisis for the infected parts of China but not all. Now 60% of the farmland that is used to feed China is downstream of this Dam . I know if the dam breaks a lot of people will die but many more will be starving if their harvest is destroyed. Whatever crops survive are in danger of being decimated by locusts. If a person is starving they will do whatever it takes to feed themselves. Now what do you think a country with a starving populace is capable of? What say you ATS am i right?

Also Mods please move this thread if I placed it in the wrong category, this is my first attempt at a post. Thanks in advance for your help!

edit on 01/01/2001 by Daranini because: link did not work

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Daranini

I do not Follow your Logic in thinking because of that the CCP Will Start a WAR with Whom ? The CCP Created this Crisis , No One will Deny that .

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A civil war maybe..
The people of China are pretty fed up with the ccp.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't think a country that has a starving population poses much military threat.
It is more likely to cause internal problems.
If the Three Gorges Dam breaks it will not look good from a 'made in china' point of view.
I feel this factor will damage china for some time to come.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hi, and you are right I should have elaborated more Misfit . I believe if the dam breaks Taiwan and Japan should be very nervous as well as India. In general, my meaning was if they cant provide for their people they will turn and take what they need from someone else. This is usually the first available target of opportunity. Thanks for posting I appreciate it!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Talking about Dams? You are all looking the wrong direction. Egypt is about to get wasted. Its something we have been looking at for sometime, and it is getting very close now.

60% of Egyptians live along the Nile. Ethiopia has been building a dam, and is about to fill it, causing all kinds of nightmares with river transportation, shipping, farming etc. A book I have, that is thousands of years old, says Egyptians are going to be judged, and washed out to sea. It also says the land will be desolate for 40 years.

My dad and I believe the likely scenario that will cause this , is, Egypt blowing up Ethiopias dam, and Ethiopia returning the favor by blowing up Aswan dam. That will take out Egypt.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Dams are kinda hard to take out...
At least well made ones.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The CCP's ONLY Option in thinking of going to War with Anyone Outside of China would be a Nuclear One .Their Conventional Forces Would be Obliterated by Numerous Nations Armies and Navies if they would be so Unwise to try Anything . China Right Now has NO ALLIES .

edit on 28-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Sounds like the making of a new thread Visited! Ill be watching for it !

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

An interesting take on your supposition:

You might want to watch an old movie called ”The Shoes of the Fisherman”,

Regarding a possible response to the inherent threat of a starving China. Given the leaning of the current Pope, the film’s solution might not be beyond the realm of possibility.

Stranger things have happened these last few months!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daranini
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hi, and you are right I should have elaborated more Misfit . I believe if the dam breaks Taiwan and Japan should be very nervous as well as India. In general, my meaning was if they cant provide for their people they will turn and take what they need from someone else. This is usually the first available target of opportunity. Thanks for posting I appreciate it!

Nervous about what? India chased China off their land, Japan is more then capable of fighting China but if needed they can ask the US for assistance, and if the Dam breaks Taiwan will by all but forgotten by the Chinese government.

China is in a big mound of cow manure, and all they did was climb to the top of it (anyone whos been on a ranch knows what I'm saying). Good luck China, you can either close your boarders or tell everyone the truth about yourself and get help.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Thanks for the post and I will try the movie! Thank you Bhadhidar!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Nah..... civil unrest within China will be too much for the ccp to deal with.

The virus, fires, floods, locusts, and famine all combined in such short order typically signals the end of a chineese dynasty.

We will either see chairman poo, or the whole ccp done away with by the chineese people before we see China grab one inch of foreign territory.

P.s 3 gorges is not likely to fail, but the massive flooding upstream causing it to unleash a massive torrent of watter into its drainage basin in order to keep the reservoir level sub critical has allready destroyed much of chinas harvest and locusts will likely finish the rest.

Mass starvation in China this winter is almost assured given their current reliance on foreign food imports.

As it stands China is already incapable of feeding themselves.

Us and Australian farmers are pretty much going to be focused on domestic production due to fires in Australia and late snow and flooding in america and more recently the virus shutting down meat processors.

This leaves only russia to pick up the slack. Even if russia has a bumper crop this year China is so effed come winter that they will have too much to contend with to wage war.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Dear Guyfriday! I believe the Chinese tiger is wounded , but it still has some teeth. Time will tell which one of us is right . I appreciate your take on the situation and taking the time to post!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

Dear Stevenmonet, so your idea is like the opposite of mine I think they will band together and focus outward , you think they will eat themselves. Interesting, very interesting indeed! I will have to take some time to think about it from that angle. I appreciate your dissenting opinion and taking the time to post thank you !

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Vids not working.

Edit: Cheers.

edit on 28-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If China were ever to go to war, Three Gorges dam would be a superb target... Not only would it kill hundreds of millions (which is horrible by the way), it takes out a large amount of electrical power (not that a lot of people would be using it after being washed away), and tons of military targets and reserve forces. It would literally wash away so, so many military targets. Not to mention ruin the economy. Starve the rest.

Even if no nukes had been lobbed, It wouldn't surprise me that if the Thee Gorges Dam was taken out in a conventional attack, that China would then proceed to be the first to launch nukes in retaliation.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

Sorry to comment to myself, but something just occurred to me. Chairman poo and the ccp may have one chance though very slim.

We are much more likely to see the balkanization of China as a result of all of this but but but..

If the ccp somehow turns their belt and road initiative into some sort of new African bread basket feeding china initiative they could survive and avoid balkanization.

If they could appropriate massive swaths of fertile African farm land which is currently sitting unproductive and use it to meet chinas food demands, they could survive the winter. Sure it would be neocolinialism and definatly involve subhuman working conditions for the workers in the short term, but as chinas domestic food production comes back online, china could sell the surplus back to African nations cheap, while also cutting off entirely its reliance on Australian and american farmers and ranchers.

By further untangling themselves from each others economies china and the United states would be ready to finaly square off in an open warfare competition for global dominance.

Creating a fertile bread basket on the continent of Africa and combining it with the robust trade and modernization of the continents infrastructure of the belt and road initiative could make the fastest growing population of any continent on the world into a desirable global market which would be beholden to China alone.

Could China use this catastrophe to actually improve their hand?

Well....I am no expert, but if they play their cards right with russia and build Africa into their own productive breadbasket, they could continue to expand their global reach rivaling America and our western allies.

Scary thought for sure but ....disaster is the same word for opportunity in ....language or whatever. I can't be bothered to remember, but you get the point I hope.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I apologize andy06shake , my first thread. I attempted to load another video try now. Thanks for letting me know!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No bother mate.

I tend to agree that if the Three Gorges Dam went pear-shaped it would indeed cause quite a dilemma for China.
edit on 28-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join