It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Issues Warnings about 9 Hand Sanitizers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Consider this a public service announcement. DcCowboy and I both speculated that with all the hand sanitizers being used today we would not be surprised to see some super bug mutate and multiply however neither of us thought about (at least I didn't) the sanitizers being straight up bad and possibly fatal for your body. Wonder if they are made in China ??

Full Title : FDA Issues Warnings about 9 Hand Sanitizers That Can Be Toxic and Potentially Deadly If Absorbed by the Body

Because of the pandemic, Americans are using more hand sanitizer than ever before on themselves and their loved ones. Sometimes this is a requirement – not a choice. Here’s a “better late than never” warning about which ones could make you really sick AS WELL AS ultimately cause death.“Substantial methanol exposure can result in nausea, vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, seizures, coma, permanent damage to the nervous system or death,” the report indicated. The agency said the risk of possible ingestion centered mostly on young children or adolescents who might use alcohol-based sanitizers as a substitute for grain alcohol.

Here are a list of the hand sanitizers manufactured by Eskbiochem:

All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)

Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)

CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)

The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)

CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)

CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)

CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)

Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)

www.activistpost.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I have not been using any sanitizer at all. I just been washing my hands the same as I always have, wherever I get time. I literally have not changed the way I interact with every day objects and surfaces at all, not the frequency of my hand washing, as it was kind of freakishly compulsive for years prior to this staged production to begin with.

Glad I hav not been exposing myself to cheap toxic crap.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If you like videos like me here you go.

Toxic hand sanitizer: FDA warns consumers to avoid 9 brands

f you have used a hand sanitizer with methanol in the last few months, throw it out. The FDA advises that you seek medical treatment immediately if you've been exposed to methanol, because intervention is required to reverse the toxic effects of methanol poisoning.

Everyone exposed to methanol is at risk for methanol poisoning, but young children are especially susceptible, the FDA says.

Sounds pretty serious.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is actually a shock to me to hear about. Who in their right mind would make hand sanitizer using methanol (wood alcohol)?
Just making it using that material is a criminal act in my opinion.

Nobody with any brains would do that, but then there is a lot of "no brains" going around these days.

The only acceptable and commercially available alcohol to use when human exposure will occur is isopropyl.

Ethanol is available (industry type) but no one I know would use that in a sanitizer. Where I work we use all of those things for manufacturing including methanol, but people know in advance it is toxic so it is used safely and no contact to the body.

Whomever would use methanol in hand sanitizer manufacture is just out to make a buck without any regard for human life or welfare and should be prosecuted or fined by L&I etc. Reminds me of that guy overseas who used rat poison to make baby formula, but they executed that guy.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
the alcohol content is supposed to be 70% I read labels and some brands that are not on that list I have seen some with 60% alcohol and less...oh the brands on that list are from mexico so read labels

one more thing we recently bought 2 bottles of cleanRX with vitamin E it is a little sticky and smells like tequila was not expecting that reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

edit on 28-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Its a warning to not ingest basically.

Peak stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So actually it would be safer and more effective to use some cheap whiskey than the hand sanitizers.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
NO ......most whiskey is 40 to 46% alcohol the alcohol needs to be 70% or high even some hand sanitizers sold in the store have lower alcohol like 60% read the labels before buying

originally posted by: HalWesten
So actually it would be safer and more effective to use some cheap whiskey than the hand sanitizers.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just continue to not wash my hands. Yes, I and my spouse have had covid. We're fine. Its as minor as it gets.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
NO ......most whiskey is 40 to 46% alcohol the alcohol needs to be 70% or high even some hand sanitizers sold in the store have lower alcohol like 60% read the labels before buying

originally posted by: HalWesten

Ummm...there are a number of distilleries in my area that are making ethanol based hand sanitizers at 70% alcohol content...there are warning’s on the label’s stating not to consume them...

As long as the alcohol content of your favorite bourbon is 140 proof or 70% you could use it as a hand sanitizer...

But why on earth would you...unless your trying to sanitize yourself...all on the inside...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I just continue to not wash my hands. Yes, I and my spouse have had covid. We're fine. Its as minor as it gets.

Ummm...yeah...but...after four months...don’t they get kind of sticky...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Who in their right mind would make hand sanitizer using methanol (wood alcohol)?

Pretty sure the methanol is added to ethanol to denature the ethanol and avoid the sin tax, since it makes it unfit for human consumption.

All the sanitizers I have seen are ethanol with Bitrex and/or isopropyl added for the same reason methanol is added.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Who in their right mind would make hand sanitizer using methanol (wood alcohol)?

Pretty sure the methanol is added to ethanol to denature the ethanol and avoid the sin tax, since it makes it unfit for human consumption.

All the sanitizers I have seen are ethanol with Bitrex and/or isopropyl added for the same reason methanol is added.

Maybe different states have different regulations on those things? I'm in Washington state and there is no sin tax on ethanol for industrial use plus the fact that it is already unfit for human consumption with no other alcohol types added to it.

All the hand sanitizers I have seen here are pure isopropyl. We make our own with pure 99 percent isopropyl at my employer at around 70 percent alcohol, the same as member Research100 mentioned.
I have never heard of wood alcohol being used in any hand sanitizers before until this warning thread mentioning it.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
According to this

The Washington State Liquor Control Board regulates the in-state sale and distribution of all distilled spirits including pure ethyl alcohol of any proof (typically 190º proof (95%) and 200º proof (99.5%)) used for industrial or other purposes in Washington State.

The State of Washington does not regulate the sale and distribution of denatured alcohol. (see glossary)
Pure ethyl alcohol may only be purchased from the Washington State Liquor Control Board or its outlets unless the customer holds a current WSLCB issued SPECIAL PERMIT Class 5.

WHO CAN BUY INDUSTRIAL (PURE ETHYL) ALCOHOL IN WASHINGTON STATE?
A person or business engaged in a mechanical or manufacturing business, or in scientific pursuits (including medical, dental and veterinary) requiring industrial alcohol may apply for an annual SPECIAL PERMIT to purchase alcohol under RCW 66.10.010, subdivision 2 of the Washington State Liquor Act.

All persons or businesses wishing to purchase industrial (pure ethyl) alcohol in Washington State must have a current SPECIAL PERMIT.

So, yeah the ethanol you use for industrial purposes has no sin tax, but is regulated, but ethanol used/sold for non industrial purposes is denatured or taxed.

Methanol only seems to be a problem with these 9 products coming from mexico, so far, but the CDC doesn't have a problem with ethanol based sanitizers without methanol. It can even be a little weaker from the looks of it.

CDC recommends using ABHR with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol in healthcare settings.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Vodka would be more Appropriate IMO .....

top topics

join