It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Bill would require makers of encrypted devices to leave a backdoor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt
Guests in my home are required to keep their device in a bigger box I have for that purpose, or they can leave it in their car. I don't even let my parents in without checking in their devices or leaving it in the auto.

Maybe I have gone too far, but how bad does a grown adult need a safety blanket to begin with??
I don't have an internet connection to my actual home for over a year now. Controlled access wireless device and hotspots is how I am on here.

Funny thing 5g has made the internet free. If you do not believe me, cancelyohr internet and see how fast you get offers for free Internet. I am practicing on scrap equipment on de-soldering microphones and camera sensors but keeping them functionality of the device itself. It's not working so well with phones, either I need more practice or they hav3been designed to not function when certain parts are removed. I can do it with laptops though.

I am currently designing a newd device that splits all the parts of a modern smart mobile device into modular attachments. Like the camera can just be popped in or out of a socket, the microphone, the GPS etc..etc..

It probably does not have much appeal outside of the intelligence community though. Except for those of us who endeavor to ghost the AI beast that observes us all.

Now if only hyperstealth bio tech Corp can design and sell a civilian product I incorporating their excellent active camouflage that makes a target virtually invisible to the naked eye, but also invisible to infrared [IR] , nvg's, ultraviolet, and other wavelengths.

I understand many have just accepted the surveillance life because its convenient or easy, but I enjoy the eternal battle of counter surveillance.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You impress me with all the tinkering you are doing in addition to the usual reactions like leave the phone home, Faraday cage, etc.

Perhaps there are software ways to close and lock the back door, or layer more encryption on top of everything else. There should be ways to continue to use current communications tech and keep it private.

With the growing number of appliances becoming "smart", you will be busy for a long time closing up all those back doors everywhere. You're ideas do interest me though and I encourage you to keep up the good fight.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join