It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About transferring the term "Black Lives Matter" to Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Russian and not only Russian liberals and democrats are trying in every possible way to transfer this term to Russia and try to make in Russia the horror, lawlessness and massive violations of human rights that unfortunately now occur in the USA.

I want, like a Russian, to immediately dispel all sorts of illusions. Russia is not the West. We have our own civilization, our own community of peoples, which has developed over the past 1000 years. Our problems are absolutely not similar to your problems.

Firstly: we have very few blacks, and in Russia the word "negr" has a completely different meaning. We have a black man - just a black man, a representative of a different race, and that’s all. If in Russia a black man is called a "negr", he will never be offended, so he understands that this is only a statement of a different skin color. There are black artists in Russia, even one black head of the local municipality in the Volgograd (Stalingrad) region. But any black man in Russia understands that he will never succeed if he speaks from a liberal point of view. In Russia, a Negro politician is a greater patriot of Russia than a Russian. There is one exception - the black-skinned sex model Hanga, who in the distant 90s from the TV screens instilled sexual "freedom" in Russia.

Secondly: due to the lack of blacks in Russia, the liberals found a replacement for them. These are the Jews. Although the presence of Jews in government, culture, TV, economics and finance is even higher than in the United States and sometimes in Israel, there are attempts in Russia to replace blacks with Jews. An absolutely vicious practice that can only harm the Jewish diaspora.

As a result, I want to tell you, dear members of the ATS, America is far from ideal and not tracing paper, from which, from your point of view, all other peoples should take an example. In Russia, this causes only laughter. Russia - more than 1000 years. In the cities of Russia there were paved sidewalks, urban democracy and public toilets many centuries before the United States came with your “democracy”. We are orthodox and conservatives. We truly believe in God and strive to live according to His Commandments. I do not advise mindlessly transferring your problems to other countries. This is tantamount to a civilizational defeat.

With great respect to all of you.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Americans have this problem where they push their own issues all over the world or at least don't realize they're problems are unique to their country and the issues other countries have aren't the same.

The #ty thing is, it's not just Americans pushing this, it's people in their own countries saturated with US media that start listening and acting like its their problem.

One day, a friend of mine was babbling about Trump and guns and # to me. And i'll admit, i'll come to ATS to give my opinions, but in the end, I really do understand, that stuff's not my problem, it's not my country, it's not my president, there's nothing I can or should do anyway. Now back to my friend, after politely listening to their rant, I responded with this. I was immediately told I'm just privileged enough to care. And I completely agreed then pointed out how they too, not being American, were privileged enough to not have to care. My friend just swore at me, told me I didn't understand then the conversation was done.

This same person though had not a clue about any of the corruption that goes on here with our local and provincial governments, had no idea about any recent law changes here and generally knew more about current events in America than anything here.

edit on 27/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Dear Dug88

Any dictate ends in failure. No wonder the Lord destroyed the Tower of Babel and divided the peoples according to languages and customs. People tend to be proud and consider themselves equal to God.

There are several options for civilizational development on our planet; I do not want to talk about any advantages of one or another. But in the United States there is now a civilizational crisis that could destroy civilization. Maybe you need to calmly work out the principles of coexistence, and not follow the path of war and confrontation?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I do...i spend my time honestly not giving a # really about most things going on. I work, save money, spend time with my family and friends and work on things that bring me contentment and satisfaction.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The Russians have come to a simple truth: if you do not come into politics, then politics will come to you

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Your first sentence says “massive violations of human rights that unfortunately now occur in the USA”

That’s rich coming from someone of Russian decent...lol

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Our problems are absolutely not similar to your problems.

Take your rose tinted glasses off.

Nearly 60% of black and African people living in Russia's capital Moscow have been physically assaulted in racially motivated attacks, says a new study

The report's clear conclusion was that Africans living in Russia exist in a state of virtual siege, says the BBC's Rupert Wingfield Hayes in Moscow.

Many of the attacks on Africans were pre-meditated and extremely violent, the report found. One Nigerian migrant interviewed by the BBC had been repeatedly stabbed in the back and then shot. Another man said his attacker had attempted to remove his scalp

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I sincerely wish you peace and prosperity. But I just don’t understand what is happening in the USA. For Russia, this is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

What a stupid thing!

I don’t know who writes these fakes. Just come to Russia and make up your mind about it

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

The Russians have come to a simple truth: if you do not come into politics, then politics will come to you

The Uk politicians are lucky the live at the other end of the county from me , very lucky

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I’ll tell you what’s happening.
Everything is about feelings above all else and I for one can’t wait until the pendulum swings back the other way.
It’s bound to happen soon.

Honest question..
How would the Russian police and its government handle protestors pulling down statues of Stalin and Lenin?
How would your country handle a collection of idiots taking over several blocks of one of your cities?
Would they defund the police or Have a different reaction?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Unfortunately in the world of globalization, my friend

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

What a stupid thing!

I don’t know who writes these fakes. Just come to Russia and make up your mind about it

Well let’s be honest here.
Russia’s state controlled media isn’t exactly known for their fair and balanced Approach to news coverage.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I sincerely wish you peace and prosperity. But I just don’t understand what is happening in the USA. For Russia, this is nonsense.

I can understand why it seems like nonesense to people in other countries. We are supposed to be the UNITED states but right now we are anyting but united.

We have had political groups,organizations spin off from our two main political parties whether it be far left or far right, because our dialouge and conversation has gotten so toxic , so poisionous, that these break away groups are have beenw aiting for a clash.

I dont know if you have heard of the board game called Risk, but it seems some organiztion out there are moving p=risk pieces on the board. gather here, destroy here, burn here, Defend here, gather here.

As much as this saddens me to admit as an American we havent been UNITED for a while.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I’ll tell you what’s happening.
Everything is about feelings above all else and I for one can’t wait until the pendulum swings back the other way.
It’s bound to happen soon.

Honest question..
How would the Russian police and its government handle protestors pulling down statues of Stalin and Lenin?
How would your country handle a collection of idiots taking over several blocks of one of your cities?
Would they defund the police or Have a different reaction?

I will answer honestly, my friend. This is a painful issue for the older generation of Russians. Even I often argue and sometimes swear with my father on the issues of Stalin and Lenin.
On these sensitive issues, President Putin said very wisely, while the people of the previous generation are still alive, we will not do anything that might offend their feelings. At the parades on Red Square, the Lenin Mausoleum is only closing. We respect the feelings of our parents. And then ... the future will show

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What a stupid thing!

Well let’s be honest here.
Russia’s state controlled media isn’t exactly known for their fair and balanced Approach to news coverage.

I read the original American mainstream media. Can you boast that you read the original Russian media? Not in retelling, but in the original

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I doubt the black lives matter movement would translate well to a country where no lives matter once they piss off the government and the oligarchs who control them.

America doesn’t want that type of authoritarianism. Well, about 60% of us don’t anyway.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I have been studying American society for a very long time. In theory. But practice is not available to me and seems irrational and unreal, unfortunately

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I doubt the black lives matter movement would translate well to a country where no lives matter once they piss off the government and the oligarchs who control them.

America doesn’t want that type of authoritarianism. Well, about 60% of us don’t anyway.

Thank you for a great example of Western propaganda.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What a stupid thing!

Well if you actually bothered to read the BBC report the information they are quoting was compiled by The Moscow Protestant Chaplaincy.

It makes you feel better to think it fake, then so be it.

And then we have the racism against Black players in Russian football.

As a black football player who was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Bryan Idowu knows all about racism in Russia. He's dealt with it on the streets and on the field, and could be playing in Russia's World Cup next month for Nigeria

www.nbclosangeles.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join