It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Council members get private security after threats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The City of Minneapolis is spending $4,500 a day for private security for three council members who have received threats following the police killing of George Floyd, FOX 9 has learned.

A city spokesperson said the private security details have cost the city $63,000 over the past three weeks.

MINNEAPOLIS COUNCIL MEMBERS LINK

My friend out in Minneapolis just sent me this article. I had been talking with her about how council members would need private security in the future. Looks like they are already headed in that direction. I also think they are going to need to turn city hall into a fortress if they are even going to bother to meet there any more. For all I know and as ridiculous as the situation is getting there they might hold their meeting on zoom.

My friend is already angry at the situation and the corruption on the city government and I don't blame her.

Hopefully the story will go viral in Minneapolis and wake up a lot of the residents.

This seems to be a case of "rules for me and rules for thee." in action

Also once again I share a link to one of the Minneapolis city council members "brilliant minds'

Lisa Bender ..my friend absolutely hates this woman

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No surprise because they all voted to abolish the police !! 🤓🥽

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They'll be breathing the fresh AIR of freedom soon!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
$4,500 @ day for how long?

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wonder why they didn’t just hire private social workers instead of armed security. Weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Wonder why they didn’t just hire private social workers instead of armed security. Weird.

I know at least a few of those social workers must know tai-chi

and are capable of using gentle fist against the thugs.
edit on 27-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

So is your freind in Minneapolis mad the council for wanting to abolish the police department? do the council have private security because people are mad that they are moving in the direction of abolishing the police department. I thought thats what the people of mineapolis wanted?? why are they recieving threats??

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Can’t they just put up a “gun free zone” sign and call it good. Wouldn’t that take care of the problem yes? Come on, cardboard and stickers are much cheaper than a security detail.

Lisa Bender reminds me of Tiny Tim.

edit on 27-6-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Its also funny in the clip how she couldnt answer the question " who should you call if someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night?" Absolutely no answer for that.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Let's see a group of trained people are paid for by the Government to ensure laws aren't broken...

Isn't that also called the police?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

So is your freind in Minneapolis mad the council for wanting to abolish the police department? do the council have private security because people are mad that they are moving in the direction of abolishing the police department. I thought thats what the people of mineapolis wanted?? why are they recieving threats??

My guess would be they are receiving threats from people who stand to lose everything they worked hard for for many years at their businesses, which after the city has no police, will degrade to anarchy and mayhem, and that isn't conducive to a profitable business environment.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sounds like they came up with a good solution to the coming mass unemployment coming by way of technical innovation.

If everyone now has to hire their own personal guards to make up for the disbanded police departments thats a lot of employment potential.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Where I am from, police stations, and even military bases get regularly robbed for guns.
Also most cash in transit heists are mostly by police, who are moonlighting.
There have been over 230 000 arrest and 11 murders by cops, enforcing 'lockdown regulations'.
The 'Minister' in charge of 'banning the sale of cigarrettes, and other irrationalities', is linked to the illicit trade in such.
A court rules in their favour, basically saying that even though irrational and unfair. It was 'well reasoned', and thus valid.
Smokers now spend more on tabacco through the illicit market, which is booming, than they do on food. They are well unionized through the communist party, and while everyone is losing their business and jobs, they are getting raises, they have jobs for life.
99% of these police like all other 'public servant' , have one color, these are 'protected' jobs only for those with a certain skin color.
If you are off the correct cast you get free university. But the they are being burnt down, by activists, trying to 'de-colonize' science.

These are the same people who claim to act in the interest of the poor. They have quite literally looted an entire economy over 25 years, including a few banks. Now they are pushing for 'prescribed assets', which is basically forcing people to 'invest' their pensions in State owned 'enterprises', not one of which is not in fact bankrupt due to corruption and mismanagement.

'The frog in the pot' thing is a strategy actually outline by our president in his own un ashamed words.

People in the US should count their lucky stars, and not be guilt-tripped into submission. It's a long slippery slope.
'They' will never be satiated. If you let hypocrisy win out of fear, you loose your future, and that of your kids.

edit on 00000061256612America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Didn't we discuss this prediction over a week ago? We must be psychic. Or it is obvious to all but the oblivious?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
Honestly my friend is angry at a lot of things.

Seeing her city burn and the lackluster response by national guard to control the situation.

She had to flee to Wisconsin to her parents who live in a rural area because gas cans and pallets soaked in gas a out of state people where driving around with stolen cars with missing plates.

She was fearful the city would be burned to the ground.

When she felt safe enough to return to her apartment she then gets the news that MInp city council is abolishing the police and is like WTF and can't believe it.

She works in real estate and has been helping to relocate people who got their apartments torched out into the suburbs. She knows that the whole real estate industry is going to suffer because people and businesses are leaving no one is going to want to stay if they can get out. So she is mad about it effecting her career.

She is also angry that in the time since floyds death in 30 days Minp has had over 1600 shootings .

So she is angry and upset about quite a few things especially seeing that this is likely the death of Minneapolis a city that although it had it issues she also loved and to her she sees her city dying.

edit on 27-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: American-philosopher

My guess would be they are receiving threats from people who stand to lose everything they worked hard for for many years at their businesses, which after the city has no police, will degrade to anarchy and mayhem, and that isn't conducive to a profitable business environment.

Agreed I would guess the threats are coming from people that are pissed about this decision. honestly I cant blame the people for being pissed.
Listening to Lisa bender talk I feel like pushing her off a cliff.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm no fortune teller, but I predict that lots of "private" security firms will go into business soon, and most will have some type of brother-in-law connection to particular city council members, mayors, reps, etc.

Also, I foresee many "diversity" training businesses or 501(c)3's pop up with courses and training programs mandated for other cities that opt to keep their police departments...at taxpayer expense, of course.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Among other concerns since my brother and his family live out in Seattle and so I have been also keeping an eye on chazchopistan. I see the possibility of Minneapolis developing it own CHAZ. My friend told me there are tent cities in every park right now.

A Minneapolis neighborhood has been overrun by a homeless encampment that’s grown to as many as 300 people — amid an agreement among progressive white residents to not call the police, according to a new report.

The tent city has popped up in a park in Powderhorn Park — a diverse community of about 9,000 that’s blocks away from where George Floyd was killed last month

LINK

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
CLisa Bender reminds me of Tiny Tim.

Has she been tip toeing through the tulips?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i wonder if the security is ex policemen .bloody idiots

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join