It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The political mentality of ATS and its demise

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So now everyone "right-wing" (which is also a moving target that includes liberals) is a racist regardless of their actual positions. Normal people cannot and SHOULD NOT acquiesce to that

Does this not acquiescing stuff apply to other groups as well? There's a reason why so many people left this site

So many here still assume it's because Trump won

Also, why can't you defend your position without also acquiescing to the racist rightwing? Or left for that matter

Same battlefield regardless. You can fight two different battles and still be true to yourself

It's not accurate when you claim that everyone assumes everyone to the right of them is racist. That may be what you're feeling, and factoring in similar situations I've been in I can sympathize

I've always felt we could be fighting that good fight together

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"Go woke go broke" wasn't just a funny catch phrase..
its logic.

Ignorance in denial.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, I have been here a while and nothing has changed except there are more people voicing their opinion about the political left.

You people that are left of center actually believe our government is in good shape led by righteous leaders?

So look at my post from the past and see how horrible I was treated because of political and social beliefs, that didn't suit you.

How about not taking a side but facing the bitter truth.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats, Leftists, Progressives, etc. always have a keen desire to blame somebody for their own failures 🤣

The ATS drama is no different 😎

👋S-L-A-P👋

Find a damn mirror..then take a deep look buddy!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The fact is both sides may be to blame. Not one over the other. It's just that there are many more right-wingers on ATS than left by far I would say.

I certainly have no problem getting on the right, but as many know, I get on the left when I see their BS and have been thrown out of left-wing sites, believe it or not.
Just recently, for exposing Susan Rice. And Id do it again.

It's just that folks are so entangled in the left/right fight, mainly in the US, that it has turned into for many, an obsession. A very unhealthy situation, IMO.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree we need difference of opinion to keep debate lively and interesting.
That is why I was dismayed when so many of the better debaters and sharper minds from the Left bailed on ATS after Trump won.

Up to and during the election...while Hillary couldn't possibly lose...the ATS Left ruled the 'Mud Pit'; it dominated all the political threads.
There was also vigorous and stimulating debate from both sides.
I remember...I was here.

Then, the unthinkable happened...Hillary lost.
With that, a large percentage of the Left ditched ATS in embarrassment at having been proven so wrong about so much.
I remember...I was here.

Sure...some (including even the silly ones) hung on; they stayed around for the RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA, KAVANAUGH/FORD, STORMY/AVENATTI and UKRAINE hoax crappola. I remember them being very vociferous and passionate in their belief that these issues were actually legitimate...and their positions on them were backed by fact.

But, as each left-wing hoax was consecutively exposed as pure BS...the Left's self-confidence and self-esteem continued to dwindle.
With that, so also dwindled their numbers on ATS; ceding more and more Forum turf to the Right.
The Right, for it's part, simply stuck around.

Bottom Line:

The Left just got plain sick and tired of being embarrassed by their flawed political positions (time after time after time) and, with each of their subsequent ideological and political defeats, more and more of them threw in the ATS towel and went elsewhere.

IN THE END (assuming this is the END), the Left abandoned ATS to the Right, because they couldn't face the weakness and failure of their own positions and issues.

Abandoning ATS was a chickens#it move, on their part...but it is 100% responsible for any political/ideological Left/Right imbalance being bitc#ed about by what's left of the Left on ATS today.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
People started leaving when threads suggesting Trump is Moses, or the 2nd coming started popping up, that type of sh#t..lunacy.

And likewise, equally dumb sh#t from the left.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
People started leaving when threads suggesting Trump is Moses, or the 2nd coming started popping up, that type of sh#t..lunacy.

Since you've mentioned Moses...the Left's greatest Exodus from ATS occurred after Hillary failed to reach 'The Promised Land'.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I actually come to the site to enjoy this kind of 'crazy' talk.
It's conspiratorial entertainment.
I do love a good cackle.

edit on 0000006031463America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here it is guys its a psych thing

There are sites of both right and left where its only pro whatever they believe.

That is comforting to a particular side. And that’s why they maintain one side of the fence of what can be called self-congratulating fruit. Those sites don’t want to debate only confirmation of their beliefs.

ATS going to much right-ward without a doubt hurt them as it would have been if they went to much leftward.

ATS just lost their conspiracy, ALT news, and UFO alt-history edge. It was edged out by not only by politics but a deliberate effort by the sinister boys to squash conspiracies...IMO.

So when coming to ATS seeing the myriad vitriolic right-wing noise instead of a thrilling conspiracy/ ALT-history/media/ufo/bigfoot meme has dried up the site because the political wrangling is discordant with the very principle of ATS.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with conservatism. Federal Government out of my personal life? Hell yeah. Stop spending so much and cut/eliminate taxes? Great! Problem is, most "conservatives" in this country support the Republican party.

Republicans launched the War on Drugs. Republicans overwhelmingly supported, and passed, the Patriot Act, effectively abolishing the 4th Amendment. Republicans fraudulently started the wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan. Less government involvement my ass. Reagan chose the former head of the CIA as his VP. The next two republican presidents were Mr. CIA and his son. An actual, true, fiscal conservative named Ron Paul ran for president twice and was laughed out of the party. Even Fox News treated the man as a joke. Instead the party got behind a businessman who tried to steal $500 billion of our tax dollars to build a wall on the Mexican border. Fiscal conservatism doesn't mean lower taxes, it means less spending(which in turn lowers taxes) but the GOP has absolutely no qualms with spending money, as long as it's our money they're spending and not big corporations' money.

Big brother exists. His name is Google. His name is Apple. His name is Microsoft. He goes by many names, and it is a lack of government regulations that allowed them to accumulate enough capital to become Big Brother. Well, hey, at least it's not the government, right? At least it's just honest businesses that are spying on you. It's not like corporations use their enormous wealth to buy off politicians and get what they want, right? Don't worry, your individual support of the Republican party means just as much to them as the millions of dollars they get from Big Oil and Big Pharma.

It's a lack of regulations that have destroyed this country. If it weren't for government regulations your children would be off in a coal mine 15 hours a day instead of in school. You'd have ground up rats and who knows what else in the food you eat. You'd be in a sweatshop 7 days a week making pennies an hour while your boss exploits you. And if you get injured on the job? Tough luck, kid, no such thing as OSHA in the Conservative Wonderland. It's the same lack of regulations that allows the MSM to lie to you on a daily basis with impunity. The same lack of regulations that allows Facebook to sell off millions of Americans' personal info.

But hey, at least they lowered your taxes right? If you support Trump and the modern GOP, fine. But don't your DARE call yourself a conservative. Conservatism has been dead in this country for decades.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

"Just remember who your leader will be if you abandon Trump now."

Well, it won't be Joe Biden.

But worry not. Trump is going to win reelection in a landslide.

I hope your right about Trump. Otherwise we are totally and royally screwed.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'd like to see that the people on the far left and far right realize that they are just as extreme with ideas that sometimes differ and sometimes overlap.

I'd like to see people who claim to be Libertarians do some digging into that school of thought and realize that Libertarianism and Anarchy are two sides of the same coin. Anarchy, specifically Anarcho-Capitalism, serves as a basis for many of the American Libertarian Party's policies.

I wonder how many of you who claim to be to Libertarian realize that the Koch brothers have been large contributors to the American Libertarian Party.

Look at the history of Libertarianism in Europe. You may find yourself second guessing what you believed.

I'd like to see the people who claim to be center or middle-of-the-road lose their holier-than-thou attitude and judging those who are actually willing to act on what they believe, instead of somehow finding pride in not doing anything, and relying on others to risk everything and act.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Almost like the ol Horseshoe Theory.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Interesting point that explains why ATS is dying.

“It’s not our job to appease advertisers.”

Well unfortunately, as a business model, ATS’s product is the ad space, not the content.

Which makes for a disastrous formula, if advertising revenue is your thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's them dang young folks and their hop hip music!

Great post ChaoticOrder, you said a couple things that needed saying for a while.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Does this not acquiescing stuff apply to other groups as well?

Yes it does. Any group that redefines reality and then attempts to force others to believe it through brow beating, censorship, and street terrorism. Never acquiesce to anyone like that.

So many here still assume it's because Trump won

It has been pretty well established, especially through censorship, that leftists aren't interested in talking.

Also, why can't you defend your position without also acquiescing to the racist rightwing? Or left for that matter

No one said you couldn't.

Same battlefield regardless. You can fight two different battles and still be true to yourself

I don't disagree here. I have a pretty good track record of dealing with those assholes here too.

It's not accurate when you claim that everyone assumes everyone to the right of them is racist.

Right-wingers constantly have to qualify their opinions to leftist so as to avoid the use of red herrings or poorly constructed strawmen.

Leftists are constantly looking for racial issues to exploit and the best way to do that is paint your opposition as racist. This is not in the mainstream right-wing playbook, but it is on the left.

It's not accurate when you claim that everyone assumes everyone to the right of them is racist. That may be what you're feeling, and factoring in similar situations I've been in I can sympathize

But it's not just a feeling. This is observable. White Supremacy no longer means adherence to ideologies that put the white race ahead of others. White Supremacy now means the foundations of Western Civilization. Racism is no longer a character flaw, it is a group flaw. It is a disease called Whiteness. This is what is believed now. 1619 Project woke bull# is now mainstream conventional wisdom. Just ask the kids destroying American history right in front of us and tagging everything with 1619.

Definitions of many other subjects are occurring as well. Gender identity politics is a good example where even biology is placed before the Great Woke Filter. Math is racist now. Saying things like "White people are the single greatest threat to humanity" is an acceptable discourse by the likes of the NY Times. We are not progressing, we are regressing. It is not a feeling, it is an observable fact.

I've always felt we could be fighting that good fight together

Of course.
edit on 6 27 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This is one of those posts I wish we had a 5x star button for.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

White Supremacy no longer means adherence to ideologies that put the white race ahead of others. White Supremacy now means the foundations of Western Civilization.

You really hit the nail on the head here. People need to wake up and realize just how deep the hatred of their own civilization is. This is the Marxist rot in full bloom. Rather than turn suicidal they turn on their own civilization and destroy it they mean to do.

Dr Kevorkian could have made a fortune with assisted suicide booths at these riots.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

How come there is no outrage to the actual, real time slavery that goes into making all these devices and such?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join