It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: olaru12

Looking like this BS story is debunked and proven phony oh well 🤓

No it isn't...

www.wsj.com...

from yer wsj fable.....

people familiar with the report said.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No proof at all anywhere that Trump was even briefed or that this is real 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh and this from the other link ...

The White House denied that either Trump or the vice-president, Mike Pence, were briefed on such a matter.

So basically he believes the left-wing Guardian and takes it as gospel...then regurgitates it as proof.

edit on 28/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: UKTruth

I said it might not be true. I also said nothing about Trump in the OP.

But we don't always doubt news of course, just only when it supports your side your not skeptical.

I wonder did the doubters here doubt the charge against Syria of using chemicals on " his own people" in which Trump dropped some bombs.

That charge has been proven to be false.

And BTW if you don't want to believe anything out of the news than we cant discuss anything.

Sure we can discuss things as speculation, but sources like the NYT have zero credibility. It isn't really worth discussing things that come from there.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: UKTruth

No one is even trying to say he didn't do it. Dear leader the flag hugging Trump when briefed about Russians paying bounties for US soldiers simply ignored it. When the Kremlin was questioned about it by reporters they said they didn't know. No one from the US had even raised the question to them. Trump had been briefed on it and it had been going on for months, months. No inquiry, no complaints, nothing. No one even questions if Trump turned his back on our soldiers because it is believable. Mainly what I see are people trying to justify it. Maybe if this happened in Bengazi people would be up in arms.

How do you know he ignored it?
You have absolutely no clue at all about any conversations going on about how to deal with this.
The President will no doubt deal with it, but hopefully in a way that doesn't lead to war.
Leave the foreign affairs discussions to those who are in the job, fair enough?
You don't really have any insight.

Good to know you have such absolute faith in the government. Or is it absolute faith in the president?

I have zero faith in the govt, especially Trump's executive branch. He's been as weak as p*** for 4 years.

I am just pointing out you have no clue about what actually happened or what discussions have taken place.
You read a report in a left-wing propaganda paper and confirmed it in your mind from other left-wing propaganda outlets - in an election year.
Did you not stop to think at all that the entire story is spun into the BS you are reading?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25274042]Sookiechacha[/post

Hmm...Well...

kayLEIgh mcenany

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Maybe you haven't seen it yet but the Whitehouse has confirmed that it has been going on. Barr has claimed Trump didn't know but we have heard that story before then it gets walked back. It has happened time after time.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Maybe you haven't seen it yet but the Whitehouse has confirmed that it has been going on. Barr has claimed Trump didn't know but we have heard that story before then it gets walked back. It has happened time after time.

No point arguing with people like xuenchen, he widely known to be a complete propagandist and totally incapable of objective discussion. He hasn't once posted a balanced view of Trump or called him out on anything. And if you look at the frequency and times of his posts, and how he uses repeated cry-laugh emojis etc, it's clear he's most likely a teenager or simply jobless.

But for most others on the site, there's enough smoke to this story to warrant at least digging into it more. If it was about Hillary or Obama they'd all have exploded by now.

We are literally at a point in time where a small percentage of Americans will defend Trump in 100% of cases and circumstances rather than objectively protect their country and the Constitution. They are not patriots and do not care about America. Simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: fencesitter85
People wondering why ATS is dying need only to notice that this thread has barely gained any traction yet, but biden accidentally saying million instead of thousand (and then correcting himself - a non-story) is on the front page.

If this was an Obama accusation, it would be 20 pages long by now.

If this proves true, anyone defending Trump on it can no longer claim to be a patriot or someone who cares about America. Simple. They will officially be traitors who prefer Putin and Russia over America.

Disgusting.

I'd say the best protection for our troops is to take them out of Afghanisten, but we saw how people from the anti-war Democratic party really felt about geting our people out of the Syrian civil war in which we violated international law to get involved. They lost their minds and did everything they could to justify staying in a sovereign land uninvited.

With respect, my friend, I don't dispute any of that but you have completely disregarded the point of the thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Post your proof please. We'll wait.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Post your proof please. We'll wait.

The lack of proof is the icing on the cake 😁

This story is horsedung 😁

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Definitely a concerning allegation put forward. If true, the response should be obvious no? It does seem like we require further evidence to substantiate such a serious claim. a reply to: Willtell

edit on 28-6-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Definitely a concerning allegation put forward. If true, the response should be obvious no? It does seem like we require further evidence to substantiate such a serious claim. a reply to: Willtell

A lot of people both Rs and Ds want to know if this report is true or not. Apparently the IC knew about it back in January.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 28-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Confirmed that Russia was interfering the Afghan war against America? So?

That has nothing to do with the claims that Trump is somehow complicit by not doing anything.
You have no idea what the military is doing, or what Trump has been briefed on, made decisions on.

You should really take a step back, quite a few people ended up looking like complete idiots with the Russia collusion hoax. The same people are jumping in again for some more.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Kind of astounding (and downright treasonous) observing the whataboutism being exercised here by the Trumpkins. Trump-love now trumps American patriotism. The orange koolaide does indeed run deep!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The bad new keeps rolling in. This can't be good for trumps campaign.

breakingnewsusa.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Trump and am the first to voice my criticisms of him but I think people are being a bit premature criticisng him here.
First of all; no-one knows for sure the story is true - my take on things given the evidence presented so far, or lack of it, is that the story is either exaggerated or it only reports a portion of the facts or is absolute bollocks. I favour the latter.
Secondly; if true I think its safe to say that no-one knows what measures Trump and the US have taken in response.

If true though I'm sure I don't have to point out the irony in this.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

VoteVets is a SuperPAC, everyone sourcing the nytimes, which has been known to float bullsh-- onto it's readers.

I'm cautious and double check everything nowadays. And so far, this looks fabricated, unless credible sources other than a dude smoking a cigarette.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Remember. Every few months, the New York Times subscriptions fall to a level where they need to create national FAKE NEWS to make the paper seem legitimate, and make people subscribe.

This particular thread is FAKE NEWS from the New York Times.

Intel Community is now confirming it: www.foxnews.com...

But if Biden was my party's candidate, I'd be desperate too. Maybe Dims will get something significant to stick one day?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It is going to be this election's Russiagate, To try and stop Trump improve relations with Russia. Exactly what happened at the last election.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
More rushia bs?

WTF is rushia the only bogeyman available?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The messaging is all over the place. First, the POTUS and Commander in Chief saying he didnt know might be the worst answer he could've given. Makes him look even more like a chump and a bad leader.

Second, Trump's tweet was engaging in subtle wordplay think people wouldnt notice. Trump thought he was being clever because his response said he didnt know anything about Russians killing American troops. But the report was about Russians paying Taliban to do it, not Russians doing it themselves.

And thirdly, if Trump says it out loud, chances are high it's a lie. When a guy lies as much as he does, on all things big and small, why on earth would you believe anything he has to say? He would never admit anything that he felt made him look bad, ever. And this story makes him look terrible.
edit on 29-6-2020 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join