It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Whats new - US employs mercenaries as well?

theintercept.com...

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

And Trump was briefed about it, yet still coddles to Putin and wants them back in the G7/8, as they pay people to kill American citizens/US soldiers.

Talk about America first, when those who pay to kill US soldiers come first and are on periodic phone calls because "I believe Putin" over US intel.

So declare war?
What then?

The US was supplying guns, stingers and intelligence to kill Russians in Afghanistan
But that’s ok, Merica 🇺🇸
land of the free of hypocrisy
edit on 27-6-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Meh, more like the land of the misled....like most other countries.

This is deffo payback for the US funding the muhajideen in the 70's, which was payback for Russians helping the vietcong, which was payback for .......

a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You watch Artur Rehi on youtube dont you?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
People still falling for the New York Times BS "according to officials briefed on the matter"

🤣🥽🤣

that is not a patriotic attitude! putin is waysmarter than trump. and he will drink a bottle of champagne if trump gets re-elected. how about you leave your bubble and spend some time reading about putin and his inner circle?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Meh, more like the land of the misled....like most other countries.

This is deffo payback for the US funding the muhajideen in the 70's, which was payback for Russians helping the vietcong, which was payback for .......

I don’t particularly like communism so, well done to the US for supplying weapons but, I don’t think some people should be all offended when others do it back.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How many times have these sources lied, Just to brew up war on behalf of the MIC?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No one is even trying to say he didn't do it. Dear leader the flag hugging Trump when briefed about Russians paying bounties for US soldiers simply ignored it. When the Kremlin was questioned about it by reporters they said they didn't know. No one from the US had even raised the question to them. Trump had been briefed on it and it had been going on for months, months. No inquiry, no complaints, nothing. No one even questions if Trump turned his back on our soldiers because it is believable. Mainly what I see are people trying to justify it. Maybe if this happened in Bengazi people would be up in arms.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

It would turn into thunderdome pretty quickly .

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nor do I like commies, and I Im not offended, just showing how one war begets another with the US and Russia. Gotta keep the MIC money flowing ya know.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I remember when Russia invaded Afghanistan and America backed the resistance , would it be surprising if such a thing happened back then , not saying it's right but who judges right or wrong in war ?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I guess the obvious question is why would they even need to?

Sounds like someone is making crap up in order to justify more military spending (again)

Additionally, I wonder if when asked for proof, they say something like "well, after we pulled out the third fingernail from the prisoner (at such a point anyone will say anything to make the pain stop), he confessed"

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If true and well assume it is but its always a possibility it isn't but well assume it is.

Trumps got to say

Alright, Putin, I was your buddy but not anymore.

Sanctions on you will stay

Those 18 and 19-year-old Americans kids are ours!

You touch them then we got serious problems

I don't mean war but the buddy stuff has to stop.

What are you on about?
Sanctions are still on Russia, why would saying they will stay make any difference to what is already being done?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
No one is even trying to say he didn't do it. Dear leader the flag hugging Trump when briefed about Russians paying bounties for US soldiers simply ignored it. When the Kremlin was questioned about it by reporters they said they didn't know. No one from the US had even raised the question to them. Trump had been briefed on it and it had been going on for months, months. No inquiry, no complaints, nothing. No one even questions if Trump turned his back on our soldiers because it is believable. Mainly what I see are people trying to justify it. Maybe if this happened in Bengazi people would be up in arms.

How do you know he ignored it?
You have absolutely no clue at all about any conversations going on about how to deal with this.
The President will no doubt deal with it, but hopefully in a way that doesn't lead to war.
Leave the foreign affairs discussions to those who are in the job, fair enough?
You don't really have any insight.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: xuenchen
People still falling for the New York Times BS "according to officials briefed on the matter"

🤣🥽🤣

that is not a patriotic attitude! putin is waysmarter than trump. and he will drink a bottle of champagne if trump gets re-elected. how about you leave your bubble and spend some time reading about putin and his inner circle?

Yeah Putin is extra sharp especially when it comes to sanctions 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If true and well assume it is but its always a possibility it isn't but well assume it is.

Trumps got to say

What are you on about?
Sanctions are still on Russia, why would saying they will stay make any difference to what is already being done?

The principle is not to reward someone who is killing American troops.

And FYI Trump has tried and has done so to a degree, to eliminate sanctions on Russia.

Again, folks refuse to see reality and won't criticize Trump when he should be called to account.

Not suprising

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

And just how should this be dealt with?

With in-kind retribution against Russia? Sanctions?

In house - with why was no action taken - much was considered from what I understand but the executive did nothing?

Just what can be done without making it worse? And I am not agreeing with the WH and actually consider it another nail in the Trump's a Russian Asset coffin.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Like most intelligences reports, I would take it with a grain of salt. Everyone has an agenda these days.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trumps got to say

What are you on about?

The principle is not to reward someone who is killing American troops.

And FYI Trump has tried and has done so to a degree, to eliminate sanctions on Russia.

Again, folks refuse to see reality and won't criticize Trump when he should be called to account.

Not suprising

You want to call Trump to account because Russia is sending out hits on US troops???
Are you mad?
Russia outside the G7 is not good - going to make things worse.
Have you not heard the term keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

How did you get to the conclusion that Trump wanting Russia as part of the G7 is rewarding Russia or is in any way linked to this so-called intelligence, which you don't even know is correct?

What isn't surprising is that you leapt without thinking about exactly what was spoonfed to you.

Wake up - this is an election year... and it's reached fever pitch with more dirty tricks that all other elections put together.

First, let's see the intelligence, then let's get a deeper understanding of what was actually discussed in terms of response.
Without that, all you are doing is playing stupid partisan politics and parroting the media.

edit on 27/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The U.S. intelligence agencies also said that Russia colluded with Trump to win an election, and Russia hacked our infrastructure, and hacked the DNC. Why does the MIC have such a hard on for Russia? China is a much bigger threat then Russia.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join