It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neutronflux
Avoid what question?

Can you direct me to them on the City of Camden's website? Where does the link for the police take you?

Keep it up, sparky, you're good with arguing with you, about the only person you can whip.

I cited the page for you where the County Police make a distinction between their municipal responsibilities and their county responsibilities.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This

Launched on May 1, 2013, the Camden County Police Department is the primary law enforcement agency for the City of Camden.

www.camdencounty.com...

Strange you want to dictate rather than answer questions. Shrugs.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

As a New Jerseyian (Jerseyite? Jerkyian?) you might find what your state Supreme Court has to say about the issue interesting.

N.J.S.A.40:69A-32. The City of Camden’s transition from municipal to county police services followed more than a decade of State oversight of the City s troubled fiscal affairs in a pilot program conducted pursuant to the Municipal Rehabilitation and Economic Recovery Act (MRERA), in conjunction with several statutes governing municipal finance: the Special Municipal Aid Act (SMAA), the Transitional Aid to Localities program (TAL), and the Local Budget Law (LBL).

The justices upheld the city’s ability to do what they did, fwiw.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I cited the page for you where the County Police make a distinction between their municipal responsibilities and their county responsibilities.

Link me to the Camden County Police where they say that, I'm not interested in someone's interpretation on Wikipedia.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Shrugs. I made the distinction that municipal law enforcement management was handed to the county. But the county makes the distinction that they maintain the actual act of municipal law enforcement. And were granted the budget and manpower to maintain the act of law enforcement in the municipality. Using the term act in the context of active application.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Link me to the Camden County Police where they say that, I'm not interested in someone's interpretation on Wikipedia.

This link is Wikipedia?

www.camdencounty.com/service/camden-county-police-department/

Launched on May 1, 2013, the Camden County Police Department is the primary law enforcement agency for the City of Camden.

www.camdencounty.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Show me the 'distinction' part on the Camden County Police website.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Show me the 'distinction' part on the Camden County Police website.

Cite proof my research and statement is wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So you don't have a link? As I suspected. You make the claim about a distinction yet can't find the police saying that.

Keep arguing with yourself, it's a good look.

edit on 28-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I provide links and cited sources. What have you provided other than attitude?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I provide links and cited sources. What have you provided other than attitude?

Except none of your links use the word 'distinction' like you claimed. Right, buckaroo?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Not really. What you did is attempt to claim I argued Camden had eliminated law enforcement in the city when they disbanded their city police agency (I didn’t). You cited a Wikipedia page as a source that Camden county is a “municipal force” when in actuality all Wikipedia says is that it’s a county agency that provides law enforcement services to a municipality. That doesn’t make a county agency a municipal force, it makes it a county agency that provides services to municipalities as well as the county. Then you continued to argue with yourself and only yourself that Camden county PD are “municipal cops” because they service a municipality, when in reality they’re county cops that service a municipality.

Then you asked me a bunch of questions about Minneapolis’ city council plans.

Then you went back to implying I claimed a vacuum of law enforcement in Camden when they disbanded their city force in favor of a county force, which I didn’t.

So really this has just been several pages of you arguing about points nobody else is making because your “attacks” have been so glaringly strawman arguments that you just keep coming up with new ones in the hopes of finding some sort of gotcha moment. Nobody is arguing that Camden didn’t have law enforcement coverage. Nobody is arguing that the municipality of Camden isn’t policed. You’re choosing hills to die on that aren’t even on the map the rest of us are on.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen On the bright side.....oh never mind. Another reason not to visit democrat controlled cities, states, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

As an aside, check your PMs

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Welcome to little Somalia.

The attack on 911 was the go ahead for the invasion.

Wr have been under attack and the enemy has infiltrated into many political sectors.

The citizens dont have a clue as they are slowly crippled.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I’m a bit skeptical of plans like this, but might as well watch and see what happens, I guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It will be fun to watch this unfold from afar.
edit on 0000006055365America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sometimes Sarah's news come out late. This was already posted back on Jun 12th.

It's Official: Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously to Abolish Police

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well, my family usually visits the Mall of America every few years. That is now canceled for the foreseeable future as we don't want to worry about endangering the entire family for a get away!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Why apply for a permit?

Just open carry at will
Good point! Who’s gonna stop you.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Property values in Minneapolis just tumbled.

I read somewhere a couple of weeks back roughly 30% of the properties around the main riot areas were up for sale now. Congrats democrats. How can people continue to vote in these worthless bags of shlt? Say what you want about Trump but show me where he has allowed lawlessness at any point in his presidency.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join