It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Uh....no I didn’t. I haven’t used the word dismantle once. They’re trying to eliminate one agency and replace it with another. You’re the one that comes in asking what their plan is for deadbeat parents and whatever else. That’s utterly irrelevant to anything I said.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The part where you tried to make it sound like Minneapolis will have a vacuum and be left without law enforcement and that’s completely false.

Try to keep up with your own comments.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ByteChanger

originally posted by: xuenchen

The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!!

I think the Mayor will veto it.

If he/she has done any research, I hope so! Camden, New Jersey disbanded the police force and the city is now a mecca-hub for criminals of all kinds.

Camden New Jersey has been one of the most violent cities in American for literally decades before they disbanded their police department, and violent crime has steadily declined once the new agency was formed.

I know you’re here to push an agenda, but maybe don’t use blatant lies to do so.

Then please provide context.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

To be fair, the city of Camden did in fact dissolve/disband/whatever their own city PD, then formed a county PD. The county took over policing within the city and brought in a buttload of new officers after the city fired something like 70% of the city cops before dissolving/disbanding/whatever the city agency.

Now what was response to this?

Did you read anything just cited?

“ (though around 100 officers were rehired),”

“ The Camden County Police Department (CCPD) is the municipal police agency for the city of Camden,”

So no. The city officials didn’t leave a vacuum of law enforcement. How is that equal to what is being pushed by the Minneapolis City Council?
edit on 27-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I am the one that first made the distinction that Camden never dismantled law enforcement coverage for the municipality. Is that false. So you took my argument?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What I would like to see. Police departments with less power to protect police with a record of complaints and brutality. But your going to have about every criminal arrested claiming brutality now. So, the needed employment of body cams. I am even open to individuals with the sole responsibility to “referee” arrests. But think of the liability if this botches an arrest where a suspect get away to cause someone else more bodily harm or causes a death.

I would like to see decriminalization of all drugs, and follow a plan like Portugal. With increased punishment for large dealers and trafficking.

I would like to see more stricter punishment for violent crime.

I am even for police in the field being disarmed. As long as there is always an armed and ready reserve for 9/11 callS and back up.

Now let’s take : “ Minneapolis City Council President On Dismantling Police: Wanting To Call The Police "Comes From A Place Of Privilege"

Now. When asked how the new safety force would engage active in progress violent crimes, the common sense answer would be “A highly vetted, trained, armed core of law enforcement would be maintained for deployment when situations arise.”

I find it odd the Minneapolis city council president Bender couldn’t give such a simple and common sense answer. So either their is no plan. Or the voting public isn’t going to like what is planned. Or this whole thing is just pandering to the mob.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I dont believe for one mint there will not be some kind of law enforcement . I pointed out in another thread having the county do it is defiantly a workable thing . .
What they city council is doing is pandering to people while they use the time to create the new force .

Non of the voters want o hear the word police right now let tempers cool awhile then we will see what is acutely done '

Like so many threads On Ats this one is just a bunch of people hoping its a horror movie . If the city truly does go zero law enforcement you may just get to enjoy your movie But I find it very unlikely so dont order out for your popcorn just yet .

Fact is only thing we know as of now is what they tell us and its not much .
Ps No cops it wont take long for neighborhoods to form there own groups to protect them self .
No cops wont just mien criminals can go crazy it will mien people can put a end to the criminals who would have just got back out to do it again the next day in the past .

A area Getting together pooling money hire Privet Armed security could work quite well .
Back when I was a kid 35 years agaio some one in the neighborhood needed help 50 guys were out in 30 seconds .
And there was NO chaos 50 guys one small group gang what ever you want to call them take one look and go find easier targets .
Seams like you guys have become helpless I guess you will just stand and let the criminal do what ever they want cop or no cop .

edit on 27-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Back when i was 19 II was walking down the road in a smallish city at 1 am with my bike .
A man walks up starts asking were the nearest motel is ( RIGHT across the street ) lol
He puts his hand into his coat pocket I lift my bike in front of me telling him you take that hand out this bike goes on you then I go on top .

He back away very slowly deciding maybe what ever he was thinking mite not be a good idea .
There were cops BUT NON there at the moment that would have helped so I HELPED MY SELF .
Did he have a weapon I dont know and I made sure I would never need to find out .

Me I am NO bad))) So I am always on alert to protect my self in a manor that defuses the problem .
edit on 27-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
This is one of the daft lunatics behind this.

City council member Lisa Bender. I'm actually surprised the CNN anchor asked her some difficult questions that kind of challenged how stupid the whole plan sounded.

The look on the reporter's face is kinda priceless. LOL

You know you're in trouble when you're a self-righteous liberal who is being interviewed on CNN and the reporter is looking at you with pity and a "WTF?" face.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Uh....no I didn’t. I haven’t used the word dismantle once. They’re trying to eliminate one agency and replace it with another.

Yeah. That's what worries me. It all sounds very Orwellian. Which is odd because they start out with the premise that a police state is bad. But then they start talking about all this creepy stuff about shifting police responsibilities to mental health professionals? And that's really the kind of "progress" they want to see? Yeah. I guess you can call metastasis progress if you really want to.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You want me to provide context that Camden was incredibly violent, after you said the same thing?

You’re really going all over the map to “win” whatever you think this is, aren’t you?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Asked and answered. Repeating your questions doesn’t change the answer. Nobody is waking up in Minneapolis without law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Uh....no. I was the one that did that in the comment you quoted. Just because you’re confused as to what “shut down Camden city police and created Camden county police” means and want to play word games about it doesn’t change the fact that Camden city police department was indeed shut down and an entirely new agency created.

Kinda like what this amendment claims to be trying to do in Minneapolis. I never claimed Camden was without some sort of law enforcement. I never claimed Minneapolis will be without law enforcement. The amendment specifically provides for a law enforcement division. Whether that’s Minneapolis PD or not is the question. But, again, nobody is waking up with zero law enforcement in Minneapolis because of this vote.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

What I would like to see. Police departments with less power to protect police with a record of complaints and brutality. But your going to have about every criminal arrested claiming brutality now. So, the needed employment of body cams. I am even open to individuals with the sole responsibility to “referee” arrests. But think of the liability if this botches an arrest where a suspect get away to cause someone else more bodily harm or causes a death.

I would like to see decriminalization of all drugs, and follow a plan like Portugal. With increased punishment for large dealers and trafficking.

I would like to see more stricter punishment for violent crime.

I am even for police in the field being disarmed. As long as there is always an armed and ready reserve for 9/11 callS and back up.

Now let’s take : “ Minneapolis City Council President On Dismantling Police: Wanting To Call The Police "Comes From A Place Of Privilege"

Now. When asked how the new safety force would engage active in progress violent crimes, the common sense answer would be “A highly vetted, trained, armed core of law enforcement would be maintained for deployment when situations arise.”

I find it odd the Minneapolis city council president Bender couldn’t give such a simple and common sense answer. So either their is no plan. Or the voting public isn’t going to like what is planned. Or this whole thing is just pandering to the mob.

Cool.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The personality profile for what is considered an effective police person, and other professions, is sub-clinical psychopathy.
I recon many join up to kick some ass.
Same as surgeons like to cut people.
edit on 0000006030163America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
The personality profile for what is considered an effective police person, and other professions, is sub-clinical psychopathy.

I wonder what the personality profile is for someone who would burn someone's business down for something that happened in the parking lot?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: rom12345

I wonder what the personality profile is for someone who would burn someone's business down for something that happened in the parking lot?

Exactly why police need it too.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Shamrock: "The city of Camden replaced it's police force with a county one."

Neutronflux: "No, they didn't do that, they replaced their police force with a county one!"

Shamrock: "Oh, I stand corrected."

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Glad I’m not the only one a wee bit puzzled.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well, to be honest, it is very confusing. I thought they replaced their force with a county one but I was really shocked to learn that they in actuality replaced it with a county one. I'm kind of wondering why they didn't go with the first option over the second one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join