It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Antifa be designated as domestic terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am supportive of Antifa being designated as domestic terrorist, however there is no such federal law at this time to do so. Otherwise many groups would have had that designation prior to this newest stew of vile worms wreaking havoc on the United States. I will go a step further and state that BLM should also garner that tag since they have been killing and destroying property in the same events.

So, what could the government actually do to these people that involve themselves in such stupidity?

Well, under the patriot act, they could via the federal government have all of their assets seized. They could have all of their educational and tax records given to whichever federal agency is investigating them. If they do cause harm in other areas that violate federal law then they have to be prosecuted under those terms but not under a general umbrella of "domestic terrorism".

The slippery slope here is that taking BLM into consideration - they are basically buying their way into the DNC via Actblue. Now say the next president wants to tit for tat the outgoing opposing party? Well have someone that is affiliated with their fundraising investigated and considered a danger to the USA and vavoom! you can seize their assets!

Very tricky system we have here in the USA.

So anyway, this is why Trumps declaration that he wanted Antifa being declared a domestic terror org has went nowhere - it is not federal law...

Finally an odd point is that New Jersey apparently did declare Antifa domestic terrorists? I have no idea, maybe someone else can shed some light on if states can do so..

More information on this at this aclu link. I don't particularly care for the aclu, but I have to admit they do seem to use actual law to prove their cases.

www.aclu.org...

One other thing for all these young bucks and idealist out their stirring the pot. If you have a federal case brought down on you by these events and you are not connected - say good bye to all that you hold dear for a very long time. Their conviction rates are very high and they are not known for soft sentencing guidelines.

Furthermore, if the feds do at some point get the ability to label a US citizen a "domestic terrorist", then all bets are off. You will just be whisked away in all probability and suffer in ways you probably never imaged. Maybe never even seen again..Thus probably a good thing that our federal government does not have such a power.

edit on 26-6-2020 by Fools because: ...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Antifa: A political protest movement comprising autonomous groups affiliated by their militant opposition to fascism and other forms of extreme right-wing ideology.

You might get away with the autonomous groups being designated as domestic terrorists dependant on what they do or have done.

But given the very anti-fascist nature of the organization, it's going to be rather hard to label them all as terrorists given the fact they are fighting against draconian entrenched institutions and tyranny.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FoolsThe weather under ground was designated as one, so I would say yes.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

George? Is that you George?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: FoolsThe weather under ground was designated as one, so I would say yes.

From what I researched no organization has literally been designated by federal law a domestic terrorist. If you can find proof of what you are saying I would like to see it.

Mainly because it would give me hope that Antifa can be brought to its knees.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well, under the patriot act, they could via the federal government have all of their assets seized. They could have all of their educational and tax records given to whichever federal agency is investigating them.

well in my opinion we should not be using that demonic piece of legislation.

The Patriot Act is a pox on our constitution and our Bill of rights.

(and now after commenting on different threads I'm upset and I need to go for away for a minute.)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Well, under the patriot act, they could via the federal government have all of their assets seized. They could have all of their educational and tax records given to whichever federal agency is investigating them.

well in my opinion we should not be using that demonic piece of legislation.

The Patriot Act is a pox on our constitution and our Bill of rights.

(and now after commenting on different threads I'm upset and I need to go for away for a minute.)

I agree with you. I am not with that legislation. It should be rescinded. The point of my OP is that it does give the feds more leverage with domestic groups than existed before it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'm more like Bungle if I'm honest.

If you cannot see the multitude of problems of attempting to place an umbrella over rather an expansive set of people i don't know why. x

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The FBI designated them domestic terrorist.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
The FBI designated them domestic terrorist.

Link? The reason I ask is that if the definition designated means what it means here, what legal punishment happens from being designated something?It seems that fed agencies have CALLED groups terrorists, but no group has ever been tried and convicted as domestic terrorists.

Meaning that not only can you not belong to them, but if you are found to belong to them you can be convicted by that act alone.
edit on 26-6-2020 by Fools because: .

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I believe the Antifa crap are indeed a worldwide organization and they are exactly what they say they are against! dirty rotten fascists that hide their faces and are pussy's who throw piss and bleach etc. on people, agitators to the extreme who hide behind their masks and black shirt evil look, yes they are terrorists and should be treated as such, the blame rests with these activist professors who teach nothing but how to disrupt what they hate, and the poor saps who follow them dont know anything else but activism, ya know "give us what we want or we burn your cities" rich dumb kids who contribute nothing to anything, damn them to hell

yeah i know its a rant, free speach yes terrorists no

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So, what could the government actually do to these people that involve themselves in such stupidity?

can't designate as terrorists, but they can be hunted by the U.S.'s 56 networks of regional FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTF).

back on may 31 according to AG Barr they will be.

Federal law enforcement actions will be directed at apprehending and charging the violent radical agitators who have hijacked peaceful protest and are engaged in violations of federal law.
To identify criminal organizers and instigators, and to coordinate federal resources with our state and local partners, federal law enforcement is using our existing network of 56 regional FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTF).
The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”

Attorney General William P. Barr's Statement on Riots and Domestic Terrorism

edit on 26-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

The whole Antifa thing has been around since basically fascism has been around.

Ever since the overly policed state in France back in the day there was always opposition, out of that we got two radical ideas, Fascism and Communism, and from there anarchism started to grow even faster. There was an actual antifa like political party in the Wiermer Republic.

Check this out.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A 'Boogaloo Boy' just killed two deputies

I'd like to see them labeled as a terrorist group

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Thanks for the link, very interesting history, i cant agree with their tactics or ideals, this is not a facist country

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I would like to hear from any Aussies on here because they were trying to bring a law in "guilt by association". That would cover the different groups.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Sorry mate I'm Glaswegian.

I'm sure somebody from Australia will chime in all the same.

As to my take on "guilt by association", it may be hard to make that stick in a court of law given the very broad spectrum of these groups.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But given the very anti-fascist nature of the organization, it's going to be rather hard to label them all as terrorists given the fact they are fighting against draconian entrenched institutions and tyranny.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAAAAAHHHHAAAHAAH

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In what world do you guys live?

IF the powers that be would want to rid themselves of this group there are loads of other ways to play it, like plant drugs, and call it organized crime.

BUT why would they want to do anything about it because everything is going JUST according to the plan.

Its all in the playbook, pages 327-658.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join