It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boogaloo groups being removed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Mhmm. Congratulations. I replied to your question by the way. Just wanted to let you know. In case you couldn't understand.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks for your input. It's good to hear something a thousand times.

The OP wasn't addressing those issues.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I barely know what a boogaloo is.
What is their agenda?

Why are they a group? What are they promoting?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've noticed that as well. Several posters I follow on instagram and fascistbook have been removed. They are being removed because the media is controlled by leftists and democrats and they are the tyranny we stand against. It will only be a matter of time before the proverbial excrement hits the fan.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Drucifer

Your reading comprehension needs some work. Just because they know how to have fun and share a laugh doesn't mean they are a joke.

The Boogaloo is a meme. The igloo, the flowery shirts, all that mess is the joke.

The part about wanting to defend rights/freedoms/Constitution isn't a joke.

If you take away all of the Boogaloo memes, the igloos, the flowery shirts the want to defend rights/freedoms/Constitution is still there.

Dude, I spend my days reading and signing high-dollar contacts and negotiating lease agreements with multi-million dollar tenants. I can read just fine. Worry less about my reading comprehension skills and more about the way you structure your sentences to prove a point.

You're the only person in this thread who didn't understand what he was saying. I don't think the problem was on his end.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Got a problem with privately owned companies like Reddit and Facebook doing what they want? Take it up with the capitalist system. That system has allowed the growth of individually owned empires to dominate our entire economic system. Those privately owned entities have been granted citizenship by the conservatives of both political parties and now we are reaping the disaster their growth was warned about by all leftists from long long ago.

Conservative America has in the past defended the growth of large corporations on the assumption that the stronger the corporation, the freer the corporation, the less restrictions on corporate action and profit would naturally mean more jobs as the ''trickle down'' economics of the 80s and onward would benefit all Americans.

That bed was made by conservative belief systems so now there is no room to cry from conservatives who continue to believe in this system of economics.

Facebook and Reddit can so what ever the hell they want.

There's a few people calling for regulation of these companies, but for the most part we're not saying they can't do what they want.

We just wish they'd stop pretending they're not doing it for political purposes. They dove in head-first trying to help the Democrats win in November and everyone knows it. The way they try to play it off like they're just enforcing terms and conditions with neutrality is dishonest and abhorrent.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Shamrock6

Okay.

Right? I know, it’s tough having it pointed out that you’re saying the guy who actually did some stuff just “claims” to be a boogerboi while a bunch of guys who haven’t actually done anything are the real boogeydowners, but it’s kinda hard to make that stick. The guys who talk about doing things don’t get to run around saying the guys actually doing the things are just claiming to “be about it.”

But hey, I’m sure you have lots of neat shirts to look at memes in

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Finally someone who is as pissed off as I am that “Libertarianism” has been totally hijacked just like many many other words and terms. Libertarianism is ALL about adherence to the Constitution of the United States of America’s. The idea (adherence) to the founders idea and inclusion of a smaller central/federal govt and more power to the states as long again..... as they stay within the bounds of the Constitution, Declaration and Bill of Rights. WHY HAS SOMEONE AT SOME POINT TAKEN THIS AWAY AND MADE IT “ANARCHY”!!! It’s the absolute closest and only ideology that exists today that ALL if not MOST founding singers of the Declaration and Constitution would agree with. ITS WRAPPED INTO THE WORD ITSLEF. “LIBERTY” as in “Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness” You do your thing and I’ll do mine and as long as your not harming me or disregarding the law of the land and my rights as set forth in our Bill then away you go! Do what you like to pursuit your dreams. What is so HARD ABOUT THIS!! This is the ONLY WAY OUT OF OUR SITUATION. THE ONLY IDEA AND SO CALLED PARTY THAT WE ALL ACTUALLY WOULD AGREE WITH. That’s why they want to destroy it and misalign the idea and term. THEY KNOW WE WOUOD ALL WAKE UP AND SAY “wow! Now that makes sense! I can agree with all of that as well can my neighbor while being totally different!! Everyone is equal like John Locke taught and social contract and Thomas Paine backed and nearly ga w his life to even not even being an “American”. Both of these men are the most influential of the entire American experiment. Even though one wasn’t even around at the time and the other came here to put some “common sense” into the ideas and the other to lay the path and philosophies used by Jefferson and otters to create the “Documents” NO WHERE AND AT ANYTIME HAS THIS IDEA MEANT ANARCHY OR NO GOVT OR ANTI ANYTHING. ACTUALLY ONLY “ANTI- DEMOCRACY SINCE WE HAVE NEVER BEEN NOT EVER WANT TO BE A DEMOCRACY. We fought tooth and nail to not be a tyranny or democracy. Democracy leads to tyranny of the “mob rules” the minority is destroyed and erased etc... SOUND FAMILIAR? I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO SHOW ME OTHERWISE.

a reply to: American-philosopher

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: drewsocean

Paragraphs man. Come on.

But to be frank and quite short it seems that you and a few others aren't as familiar with the Libertarian school of thought as you think you are.
edit on 2662020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Mhmm.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
How can you say that. OP was speaking about censorship. Is that correct? Censorship on Facebook and Reddit. Correct?

Both are privately owned. Correct? Both can limit access to their boards as they see fit? Correct.

It's just like ''no shirt, no shoes, no service''. There is nowhere in the constitution that says they have to allow free speech across their boards.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No the OP was talking about how Boogaloo isn't a hate group.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
What is their agenda?

Depends on who you listen to.

According to OP and their like, they're simply "patriots," but according to most others they are a far right white extremist group intent on causing division, targeted conflict, destabilization and the new civil war.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

What is their agenda?

According to OP and their like, they're simply "patriots," but according to most others they are a far right white extremist group intent on causing division, targeted conflict, destabilization and the new civil war.

Thank you.
I went back and read some of the earlier posts by the op.
Seems groups like these are in the eye of the beholder, as far as what they “want”.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok. I get your point. OP has an opinion of boogaloo boys and so does, apparently Facebook and Reddit. I have no opinion or knowledge of them other than their name and what these guys or those guys say about them, hence no ability to comment on them. But facebook as a privately owned media outlet, yes, I have an opinion and discussed that in that earlier reply.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Let's do it!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

What is their agenda?

Thank you.
I went back and read some of the earlier posts by the op.
Seems groups like these are in the eye of the beholder, as far as what they “want”.

If there's any truth to this they are not the type to bring home and introduce to parents.
source

The arrests, the first of known Boogaloos, put a spotlight on a shadowy movement. Law enforcement officials say it is one of a handful of radical groups – both from the left and right of the ideological spectrum – that have attempted to advance their cause by exploiting nationwide protests against police violence and government lock-downs of the economy. 

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

My general perception is that boogaloo folks are folks I'd rather not associate with. Same as Republic of Texas folks, and for mostly the same reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Combats and Hawaiian shirts?

Damn that's half my wardrobe.

I looked them up on Google...my eldest lad and my Mrs just nearly wet themselves.

I'm going to have to find something else to wear now, aren't I? Something less politically charged.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

OK, im going to be honest...im familiar only by reading. I had not taken any time to actually google it up.

Hawaiin shirts? What the hell is this about? Is it some odd reference to the 50s or something? Im not sure i follow the logic there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join