It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boogaloo groups being removed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

The 'Boogaloo' groups are a bunch of morons who don't know what they believe. There was a big cluster mess on the 'Task and Purpose' Facebook page where tons of active duty and veterans outed themselves as domestic terrorist.

Some members exclaimed that the 'Boogaloo' didn't exist, that it did exist but it was a joke, that it wasn't terrorist, that it was terrorist, it's not political, it is political, it doesn't support democrats or republicans, it supports police, it doesn't support police, black lives matter but blue lives don't, blue lives matter but all lives matter, it supports Trump, it doesn't support Trump, it's not trying to affect the election, it is and has affected an election.

Whatever your little group of keyboard warriors actually is , two deputies are now dead because of it.

I'm sure you think this is super clever, but you just described pretty much any group. Look at Democrats for example. Party leadership decides the "official" platform, but by and large Democrats have disparate beliefs. They are for abortion, against abortion, pro-gun, anti-gun, lower taxes, higher taxes, open borders, border security, hate Trump, vote for Trump, etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

lulz

I guess "boogaloo" is the new word to replace "racist"?

Just another name for the Church of Woke to call anyone whom they feel is a jihadist against their religion.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well, I guess you couldn't say they're keyboard warriors now could ya?

Look, I don't support the killing of cops just because their cops. I don't support the wonton killing of people in general.

But it is what it is. I've stated that facts about what the group is and isn't. But like any ideology or movement, when people start adopting it they add their own BS.

The Boogaloo existed for years before the media caught onto it, and for years it was simply a meme, an ideology that was reactionary to the possibility of a civil war, and if that were to happen then it's on and on to toppling tyranny.

In the past months more people have been finding out about the boogaloo and coopting. So, sure there may be groups out there who are saying they're boogaloo boys, but whatever.

As far as the whole white supremacist thing goes. Those asshole try to coopt everything.

There's a Neo-Nazi My Little Pony subculture. No #.

So, if we're being real about it that's just the fate of every movement when everyone wants to add their BS to an idea.

Even back when I was set to plan portions of OWS, I could see that the message was going to get convoluted. As each person wanted to add their own message the general consensus was "Yeah! Come on!" We all saw what it turned into. It went from being about protesting consumerism and capitalism to every little thing down to whatever someone felt victimized about.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

So don't believe my own lying eyes?

Why is it that I have only the authorities to tell me who the Boogaloo Boys are? Why do we have only the troublemakers at protests -- including cop killers -- as examples of what Boogaloo Boys do? Why all the secrecy and memes from the Boogaloo Boys? Just all that mean media? No bad apples at all???

Perhaps you don't know who and what the Boogaloo Boys are and what they're all doing and shouldn't be speaking for the whole group. Or maybe you do know and are just covering for their bloodlust.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

lulz

I guess "boogaloo" is the new word to replace "racist"?

Just another name for the Church of Woke to call anyone whom they feel is a jihadist against their religion.

It's the new "alt-right." Anyone they want to deplatform will be called that.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think you're being dishonest here. By and large most of the troublemakers have been the rioters and Antifa members. We have countless buildings and business destroyed. That's people's homes and livelihoods.

We have Antifa and rioters beating up innocent people and cops, sometimes killing them.

We have cops beating innocent people, sometimes killing them.

We have what from the Boogaloo movement in general? Four? Five? Reports. Only a couple of cases where violence was committed or planned.

And most of the time they're there protecting people's property, homes, and livelihoods.

Hell, anyone could go out dressed in black smashing windows and burning buildings down, and if caught say they are Antifa. They actually have celebrities and gofundmes to get bailed out.

If you want to take the media and authorities at face value that's your prerogative. What else do you take at face value from the media and authorities? I hope you're at least consistent.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I just CANNOT believe Ringo would cultural appropriate boogaloo.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The proliferation of the internet, and most notably social media, has allowed very small groups of people separated by significant distance to dilute themselves into thinking they are a movement. Boogaloo? Antifa? Please there are probably my people in my small neighborhood than in both of those groups combined... but because my small neighborhood is boring and uneventful we don't make the news and the news industry tells stories about how the big bad Antifa and Boogaloo are coming to get as all ... when in reality these small weird groups would $hit their pants if the rest of us rose up against them. They are allowed to make some noise on the fridges because the rest of us are to busy living our lives to really care.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

What makes you so sure that many of the people in the "small weird groups" aren't part of the "rest of us."

Are you an American citizen? Yeah? Am I an American citizen? Yeah.

Are we both citizens of the US?

See, you still have the mindset of us vs them. You're buying into the idea that keeps the American people divided.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know very little about this group and have actually stayed away from any MSM reports on it because, despite some ATS member’s beliefs, I do not follow the MSM.

So, I find myself confused after getting past the first two posts the OP made in this thread-

The "Boogaloo" is an ideology concerning our freedoms, our constitutional rights, and defending against tyrannical government.

While you sit here and spout BS, argue, and foam at the mouth about liberals this and leftists that, what is it that upsets you that their are people who are actually willing to go and fight for what they believe in?

Followed by-

I feel sorry for anyone who think these guys are wearing Hawaiian shirts in a serious manner. These guys know it's a joke. It's a jooooooke. The whole Boogaloo is a joke. The Hawaiian shirts are a joke. The igloo... Is a joke.

So are they defenders of freedom, the constitution, etc......or are they a joke?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Your reading comprehension needs some work. Just because they know how to have fun and share a laugh doesn't mean they are a joke.

The Boogaloo is a meme. The igloo, the flowery shirts, all that mess is the joke.

The part about wanting to defend rights/freedoms/Constitution isn't a joke.

If you take away all of the Boogaloo memes, the igloos, the flowery shirts the want to defend rights/freedoms/Constitution is still there.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Second link: A Latino, and just because he claims to be a "Boogaloo" doesn't mean he actually is.

Till any of y’all actually make something happen, all any of you are doing is “claiming” to be a boogboi. Least he did something about his beliefs.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

What makes you so sure that many of the people in the "small weird groups" aren't part of the "rest of us."

Are you an American citizen? Yeah? Am I an American citizen? Yeah.

Are we both citizens of the US?

See, you still have the mindset of us vs them. You're buying into the idea that keeps the American people divided.

I have the mindset that the vest majority of people live their lives day by day; go to work; put food on the table ect ect ect .... they don't have the time nor inclination to join silly little groups and post about it on Twitter.

There isn’t us vs them ... there is just us .... them are having a circle jerk in the corner.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Okay.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Okay.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Okay.

Okay

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Back to don't believe my own lying eyes reading all the news reports from both left and right sources, as well as arrest reports, eh?

But do believe the anonymous guy on the internet singing their praises? Who can't offer anything else?

Lucky your boys have every opportunity to prove everyone wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Drucifer

Your reading comprehension needs some work. Just because they know how to have fun and share a laugh doesn't mean they are a joke.

The Boogaloo is a meme. The igloo, the flowery shirts, all that mess is the joke.

The part about wanting to defend rights/freedoms/Constitution isn't a joke.

If you take away all of the Boogaloo memes, the igloos, the flowery shirts the want to defend rights/freedoms/Constitution is still there.

Dude, I spend my days reading and signing high-dollar contacts and negotiating lease agreements with multi-million dollar tenants. I can read just fine. Worry less about my reading comprehension skills and more about the way you structure your sentences to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Got a problem with privately owned companies like Reddit and Facebook doing what they want? Take it up with the capitalist system. That system has allowed the growth of individually owned empires to dominate our entire economic system. Those privately owned entities have been granted citizenship by the conservatives of both political parties and now we are reaping the disaster their growth was warned about by all leftists from long long ago.

Conservative America has in the past defended the growth of large corporations on the assumption that the stronger the corporation, the freer the corporation, the less restrictions on corporate action and profit would naturally mean more jobs as the ''trickle down'' economics of the 80s and onward would benefit all Americans.

That bed was made by conservative belief systems so now there is no room to cry from conservatives who continue to believe in this system of economics.

Facebook and Reddit can so what ever the hell they want.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join