It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boogaloo groups being removed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
I had heard from the media that the Boogaloo group are racist,

I don't really know much about them either, but that's a pretty good indication that something is not racist these days.

Full disclosure I heard this from this Antifa woman I used to date ( I know not my finest moment) Her words: "the proud boys are the worst, they are nothing but racist, they are white guy douchebags."

Ironic considering she likely hated them because they were white guys more than for any other reason.
edit on 26 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

No, it's not a good thing.

It's exactly like a city newspaper not printing certain letters to the editor back in the day. Letters that didn't support certain ideology. That helped certain political parties maintain control of that city.

Very widespread. This is in no way any different, save that it's a country/world that it's being done to. Never will this be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The Boogaloos are libertarian?! I am a libertarian. DO you know how hard Ron Paul worked to bring Libertarianism to the mainstream.

Do we have to stop these people?

I can;t just let them destroy libertarinism

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I hope this helps:

DEA makes arrest in Texas of alleged 'Boogaloo Boys'

Suspect in killing of 2 Bay Area officers tied to right-wing ‘boogaloo’ group, prosecutors allege

Second arrest of a ‘Boogaloo boy’ suspect made after violent Columbia demonstrations

Far-Right ‘Boogaloo Boys’ Are Trying to Incite Violence at Protests

Boogaloo movement

The boogaloo movement, adherents to which are often referred to as boogaloo boys or boogaloo bois, is a loosely organized American far-right extremist movement. Participants generally identify as a libertarian citizen-militia and say they are preparing for, or seek to incite, the "boogaloo", a second American Civil War. While use of the term has been found on the fringe imageboard website 4chan since 2012, it did not come to widespread attention until late 2019.

Adherents use the term (including variations, so as to avoid social media crackdowns) to refer to violent uprisings against the federal government or left-wing political opponents, often anticipated to follow government confiscation of firearms. The movement consists of pro-gun, anti-government groups. The specific ideology of each group varies, and views on some topics such as race differ widely. Some are white supremacist or neo-Nazi groups who believe that the impending unrest will be a race war; however other groups condemn racism and white supremacy. The boogaloo movement primarily organizes online (particularly on Facebook), and participants have appeared at in-person events including the 2020 United States anti-lockdown protests and the May 2020 George Floyd protests. They are often identified by their attire of Hawaiian shirts and military fatigues, and are heavily armed. In May and June 2020, Facebook acted to limit the movement's activities and visibility across its social media platforms.

First link: Alleged

Second link: A Latino, and just because he claims to be a "Boogaloo" doesn't mean he actually is.

Third Link: OMG he tore a fence down.

Fourth Link: Again, just because someone claims to be a "Boogaloo" doesn't mean they really are.

Fifth Link: Oh look a wikipedia page.

Look, I already explained that they are taking down these group pages because people would be able to see for themselves that ot's it's not what the media is claiming.it to be.

But the thing is, they can take it all down we don't have to use Boogaloo, we don't have to use igloo, or Hawaiian shirts. It's an ideology to protect our freedoms and our constitutional rights. It's not a white supremacist movement. There are people of all ethnicities and cultural backgrounds.

It is a reactionary response against the left and against tyrannical actions.

It's a shame you view all of that a lie, because of what the media and your feelings have led you to believe.
edit on 2662020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Fools

Delete your facebook, reddit, and Twitter accounts. Sign up for Parler, Gab and Voat.

What are the odds that signing up for one of those gets us on a list?

Dude we're all on lists. If they wanted to come after you they could do so for any reason.

Just don't run for a political position.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Libertarians ruined Libertarianism the moment they decided weed was more important than their rights.

As someone who used to identify as a Libertarian and would love to go back to being a Libertarian, I lost a lot of respect for the politicians running as Libertarians when they started acting like buffoons.
edit on 2662020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've long known what the Boogaloo was, but never saw any evidence of organization until the MSM needed a right wing enemy other than the usual suspects of kkk and various white power organizations

HOWEVER, anyone not currently preparing for CW II, ain't paying any attention to current events. Getting in shape, stocking up, obtaining relevant FM's, and making friends with people with similar values makes a lot of sense to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Now I am getting upset ! do you know that one of the main components of being a libertarian is, I dont Tell you what to do and you dont tell me what to do? One of the main concepts! and now I hear we are getting in groups and trying to tell people what to do.

there might be perversion of libertarinism going on.

This is the worst I have felt since the hobbits came back to the shire and found out it was being ran by Saruman.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

As someone who used to identify as a Libertarian and would love to go back to being a Libertarian, I lost a lot of respect for the politicians running as Libertarians when they started acting like buffoons.

is Mike Lee one of those people?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

I'm sure you know it, but for anyone else reading who's curious that last half of what you posted is essentially what it's all about.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

HOWEVER, anyone not currently preparing for CW II, ain't paying any attention to current events. Getting in shape, stocking up, obtaining relevant FM's, and making friends with people with similar values makes a lot of sense to me.
a reply to: jefwane

I agree with that. I wonder if people should watch gangs of New york again?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Now I am getting upset ! do you know that one of the main components of being a libertarian is, I dont Tell you what to do and you dont tell me what to do? One of the main concepts! and now I hear we are getting in groups and trying to tell people what to do.

there might be perversion of libertarinism going on.

This is the worst I have felt since the hobbits came back to the shire and found out it was being ran by Saruman.

What the hell are you talking about dude?

No where did I tell you what to do. No where are there Boogaloo groups telling people what to do.

The group that's telling people what to do is the media, Antifa, BLM, and the white guilt-ridden lefties.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The "no true Scotsman" argument, eh? Sorry, no. These guys are acting true to form. Their stated mission is anti-police and an armed rebellion. Blood running in the streets. Our streets. Our family and friends. I don't care what they call themselves or what shirts they wear. I have a problem with armed revolution in our streets. Period. That tells me all I need to know about their commitment to the Constitution, it's founding principles, and our rights.

And for all your strawmanning, I haven't seen anything about the Boogaloo Boys being White Supremacists, and I've never considered it a White Supremacist organization. I can also give credit where credit is due, as I have read that some Boogaloo Boys did help minorities defend their businesses and neighborhoods during the riots.

If your brand of Boogaloo is the former, than I have nothing but contempt. If your brand of Boogaloo is the latter, then I give you the same credit... but if you're going to associate with the name and, therefore, the game of the former, then you deserve to be tarred with the same broad brush.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Whatever, look no where did I claim that it's the former. This whole thread I've been stating that it's the latter.

In the LA times and wikipedia link you posted it makes the claim that there it's white nationalist/supremacist.

That "stated mission" came from the mouths of the media.

They're playing on your emotions.

I know you know that the 2nd Amendment is in the Constitution.

So you have a problem with people using their rights.. to protect their rights?

We're all in this together. We all live here. We can't say one group of people get to use their rights, but another group can't use their rights to disagree. We can't say one group can use their right to "protest", but another group can't use their rights to protect.

So, either we all learn real quick how to get along, or we don't.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

LOL.

Nobody cares about subtext. They care about the menace of a media-created monster customized for 2020.

Boogaloo is Jenkem for 2020 and some people are huffing away.

The scary part is that there will be real life consequences for some poor bastards that get strung up based on a conspiracy that doesn't exist and a few clumsy Feds glowing in the dark.

If you understood most of what I said, be fearful because they are going to eventually say any "lingo" is a radical dog whistle.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I, for one, am down for a good old fashioned hootenanny.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Oh no, I definitely agree lol. I know what you're saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

While you're sitting at your computer getting pissy and ranting about how they need to be stopped, there are people actually going out and trying to put a stop to things when the police aren't willing to show up. And they're the cowards? Whatever.

Have you thought about what YOU’RE going to do about it while you’re sitting at your computer pissing and ranting about people pissing and ranting? Just curious about your future actions on the matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Hell! There you go. Take away the Boogaloo and now we got ourselves a Hootenanny!

At least the media won't be able to say we appropriated a term and turned it racist or some BS like that.

Actually screw it. I'm started a new movement. You in? I mean.. ya gotta be.

Edit to add:

Mothereffer man. You wouldn't believe it. Or maybe you will. Seems some people had the foresight lol.
edit on 2662020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The 'Boogaloo' groups are a bunch of morons who don't know what they believe. There was a big cluster mess on the 'Task and Purpose' Facebook page where tons of active duty and veterans outed themselves as domestic terrorist.

Some members exclaimed that the 'Boogaloo' didn't exist, that it did exist but it was a joke, that it wasn't terrorist, that it was terrorist, it's not political, it is political, it doesn't support democrats or republicans, it supports police, it doesn't support police, black lives matter but blue lives don't, blue lives matter but all lives matter, it supports Trump, it doesn't support Trump, it's not trying to affect the election, it is and has affected an election.

Whatever your little group of keyboard warriors actually is , two deputies are now dead because of it.
edit on 26-6-2020 by 3sixand9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join