It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IDs of the Parties involved in the 2007 Nimitz UFO Video Leak are Known!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Before the ATS lights blink out forever I thought I’d blast out one or two final threads here. Mainly because people forget or remain ignorant of certain things going on.

First we’ll look a bit deeper into one of the more interesting topics regarding the leak of the Nimitz videos in 2007 . None of this is new. But it remains ignored and hasn’t been widely mentioned or discussed.

The origin of the FLIR video leaks starts right here on ATS in Feb 2007. Which is a strange story.

But the names of persons responsible for the potentially illegitimate removal and public posting of the FLIR video are actually known to at least a handful of individuals.

Particularly Isaac Koi. But the Pentagon seems coy itself when it comes to the subject.

So we’ll start at the very beginning….

How the FLIR Tape was Leaked into Public Domain

The leak of the FLIR video appeared in Feb 2007. Just over two years after the incident. It was uploaded to a German Film Production Company’s (Vision Unlimited) website by an ATS member named Cometa. The video itself was ‘procured’ by someone called thefinaltheory [TFT]

Originally on 3rd Feb 2007, a member of ATS called thefinaltheory [TFT] posted a new thread

Observations of an Actual UFO

The poster described events somewhat differently than he would 24 hours later…with the UFO described as a disk. and the timing of events very different.

I work in the computer field and am high enough ranked and trusted to access the top secret network onboard…..

It was about 2300 when the ship went into a "security alert" ……Rumor was circling around in my department that there was a UFO above the ship. … I logged on to the top secret computer network …

I found many videos and powerpoint briefs (navy standard) and written reports ….

I burnt all these files to a disk and stashed it somewhere….

The UFO was floating extremely still in mid air, this was 30,000 ft above ground level. It looked literally and i mean LITERALLY just like a disk

TFT then returned to ATS a day later, having improved his standard of grammar and spelling overnight, and left an entirely new post entitled.

Fighter Jet UFO Footage : The Real Deal

It revealed the details of the ‘leaked’ Nimitz UFO report in 2018 and the ‘official’ story we are now familiar with.

Date 14 November 2004

Two interceptor fighters were directed to a certain location, where an unknown object… The fleet informed the intercepting jets that the object was moving at 100 KTS @ 25 KFT ASL….

The jets could not find any object at that location. While the jets were searching for the air contact, they spotted a large object in the water at 1430L. The pilots saw steam/smoke/churning around the object. The pilot described the object initially as resembling a downed airliner, he also stated that it was much larger than a submarine.

A jet descended down from 24KFT to gain a better view of the object in the water. The jet then spotted an air contact, it appeared to be a capsule shaped (wingless, mobile, white, oblong pill shaped, 25-30 feet in length, no visible markings and no glass) ….Neither of the two jets could achieve radar lock or any other means of positive id.

In 2016 Jeremy Corbell claimed there was an intelligence investigation in 2007 on a Jimmy Church radio show.

Then in 2009 a further investigation when the powers of the American military intelligence services failed again according to the Pentagon….

Susan Gough... saying Navy officials became aware that the video had been posted online in 2009.

“With respect to the 2004 sighting by aircraft from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68); that video was widely shared throughout the ship at that time,” Gough writes. “In 2007, one of those crewmembers posted the video onto the public web.”

But in terms of investigating the video leak, Gough writes, “Given the time since recording (approximately 5 years), the widespread distribution of the recording within the ship at the time of recording, and the size of the crew at the time (approximately 5,000), it was determined that there was no way to accurately determine who might have released the video.”…

Popular Mechanics Jan 2020

David Fravor told Pacho Chierichi that someone from the DoD had also been investigating in 2015 during an interview for his article in Fightersweep in 2015..

Then a year ago Isaac Koi confirmed that he had enough personal details of the perpetrators to positively identify TheFinalTheory who claims to have removed a CD containing the video now know as FLIR1 and other files.

....Over the last few months, we've slowly obtained his name, place of birth, date of birth, photo and other information. But we still don't have any contact details for him. If you find that a bit frustrating, imagine how we feel about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 2019 Return to ATS of The Perpetrator

A person claiming to be thefinaltheory [thefinaltheoryreturns] appeared in 2019 on ATS. Both The GUT and Isaac Koi participated in verifying the ID of this person.

Isaac also confirmed he was in active pursuit of Cometa, the ATS member who uploaded the FLIR video to the Vision Unlimited Web Server.

... TFTR has communicated with me via his current email address, his Facebook account and here on ATS. TFTR has provided me with several photos of himself and some information about himself. Using the name on his Facebook account, I have also found TFTR's LinkedIn account and a copy of his CV...

I provided him with the first letter of Cometa's real name and asked if he knew the rest of that name. He didn't remember being told Cometa's real name. I also asked him about his communication with Cometa and about any material that he retained. Again, TFTR's recollection had faded and he thinks that some relevant material is no longer available.....

....(I'm also still looking for some help in Germany to locate Cometa. I have his real name, birth date, place of birth, photo, and various other details - so remain a bit frustrated that I and Elevenaugust haven't found Cometa yet to ask him if he has retained the longer version of the video and the Powerpoint presentation...).

The official statement from the DoD -"that video was widely shared throughout the ship at that time" is a strange claim. I don't think I've heard of anyone named publicly who claims to have removed a "physical" copy off the Nimitz and that this was widely shared.

continued below>>>

edit on 26/6/2020 by mirageman because: tidy up

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Now Isaac obviously had his reasons for believing his pursuance of Cometa (the ATS member who allegedly uploaded the tape to the Vision Unlimited Servers in Germany) would have no legal repercussions.

His response to that question was posted almost exactly a year ago today...

Not my country or my area of expertise (nor am I being paid...), so I wouldn't really want to venture much of a view - other than, as I've said to TFTR, if I were him I'd hesitate about jumping into anything.

Surely it was rather curious for a legal professional to actively pursue a person like this in what is potentially a very sensitive matter of US national security. And the answer given doesn’t address the motivations for doing so.

These issues were raised again earlier this month in the Beyond Bigelow thread. Where it was postured that Isaac could speak for himself if he wished. Thus allowing him to clarify why he felt able to track down these individuals without personal repercussions and explain his motives. Also to confirm if any authorities from the USA have asked him about the information he's acquired so far?

Isaac has so far chosen to remain silent on this matter. So maybe he’s unable to say anything publicly? Which suggests what?

McMillan and Wife

Another individual who has had dealing with at least one of the perpetrators is former police officer and now posing as a journalist. Tim McMillan. A guy who parachuted into ufology only a year ago and now sees himself as an authority on the subject. Or at least gives the impression that he wants others to.

He said in his 2020 blog for Popular Mechanics that the person responsible for leaking the video [TFTR] still feared reprisals. So obviously this person felt uncomfortable talking to a former police officer just because he blogs about UFOs.

While reporting this story, Popular Mechanics tracked down an individual claiming to be thefinaltheory. Still fearing reprisal, even under the assumed pseudonym, the individual did not wish to speak on the record

The US Navy confirmed last year that it had
"discovered certain briefing slides that are classified TOP SECRET"

Source

Are these the same slides (reports & powerpoint presentation) that were lifted from the servers of the USS Nimitz in 2004?

If so then you would expect that US intelligence services would be actively seeking to interview anyone who had made contact with the original leaker(s) of the video and yet everyone seems to ignore this fact.

Let’s remind everyone that the Pentagon nonchalantly dismissing this issue as of no real consequence when they spoke to Tim.

"...it was determined that there was no way to accurately determine who might have released the video.”
Source

Yet the guy who originally lifted the video still fears reprisals from the US authorities was more than happy to speak to Isaac Koi and post on ATS about this???

It doesn’t make sense does it?

Of course Tim McMillan now resides in Germany. Coincidentally the home of Cometa and the location of company whose servers were used to leak the video onto the internet. He claims to be a freelance ‘investigative’ journalist. This also seems a little curious when you begin to ask questions of him too.

McMillan claims he gave up his job as a police lieutenant to first work at a law firm. Followed by a move to Germany in 2019 with his wife (who is a DoD employee #cough#).

For a year he has written UFO blogs for the likes of Popular Mechanics and The Drive. Although he also openly admits he is not a trained journalist.

So is he an embedded journalist? Is he paid to be in Germany and write articles for a ‘sponsor’? All the while poking his nose around the Twitter sphere and blogs hunting down the person who uploaded the video?

Because he has to have another source of income as writing blogs just doesn't pay the wages.

A US Police Lieutenant earns around $90,000 (source)
Here's Tim's portfolio from his own website of articles he's written.

Starting in August 2018 an up to Feb 2020 he wrote 14 blogs for the likes of Vice and Pop Mechanics. The average freelance rate is $350-$500 - source

So I'd say he's over $80,000 short on his potential earnings from his old job. Now what that other source of income may be is anyone's guess. Maybe his wife likes him being home all day? Or maybe he has a rich uncle to help him out?

Who decided that out of all people in the world he'd be best choice to give the BAASS Report to? Again this is curious for a UFO newbie. Given his links, his access to people allied to TTSA and his general nosey attitude in the UFO community I suspect he's up to something else entirely and is not being transparent about it.

So what is really going on here?

There were allegedly Pentagon investigations into the leaking of the tape in 2007 and 2009. David Fravor also claims ONI officials spoke to him in 2015. But publicly the military give the appearance it is unable to track the sources of the leaked tape and files. Even though those files are potentially highly classified. If they aren’t then why were there investigations made into the leak on 3 occasions? There is a law against such actions : www.law.cornell.edu...

Tim McMillan, Isaac Koi and others have seemingly been able to confirm the identities of the perpetrators with ease.

Why did [TFTR] return to ATS to reveal his identity again? But also confirm to McMillan that he still feared reprisals for removing the FLIR tape.

Who exactly is being played here? Because something odd is going on with this whole story.

If you are interested in the Nimitz case then this should really pique your interest. Because all is not what it seems.

But we’ll have to join some dots here too.

edit on 26/6/2020 by mirageman because: tidy up

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Some of the mods will be watching this closely, isn't that right Alphabet?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is all from open source data.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Funny how i was just watching a video this morning and the word saucer stuck to me. TIc tac does not a saucer make so why the discrepancy?

I ll post here just for reference the article by mcmilan called the tale of the tape

edit to add one more thing i find peculiar. Just like rendlesham had that guy peniston who thought he got alien codes and something important so does this case have kevin day.

edit on 26-6-2020 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Why is a video like this even classified if the craft in the video is not our own?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Excellent thread and follow-up, mirageman.

I'm glad people like you and others on here are trying to connect the dots and do a whole lot of own research, which is one of the reasons why ATS is different from many other boards.

As far as I'm concerned, I have always been a bit skeptical about the TicTac reports and the entire TTSA show. I'm also unsure what is really going on but one is somehow tempted to believe this is less about UFOs/UAPs and more about some sort of psyops activity or jedi mindtricks to manipulate public opinion.

But maybe I'm wrong. Anyhow, the involvement of MSM, military witnesses and all those other players in this case leave us with a quite complicated mess. More connecting the dots is needed, so keep those threads coming...

edit on 26-6-2020 by jeep3r because: formatting

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

No. Penniston did not claim alien codes. He has claimed ourselves from the future (Binary codes).
Kevin Day does appear somewhat " out there". 😑

@MM, excellent thread!

edit on 26-6-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Isaac has so far chosen to remain silent on this matter. So maybe he’s unable to say anything publicly? Which suggests what?

I've posted some bits in relation to this matter. (You've quoted above some, but far from all, of those bits).

As a low-priority project, I'm still digging into related issues and researching a potential long thread of my own. I don't like posting bits piecemeal and prefer posting a structured, comprehensive thread (which is one reason I was sad to see that ATS may be ending, since some other arenas for UFO discussions - such as Twitter - don't really seem to lend themselves to more detailed, structured discussions). However - as I've already explained elsewhere - this is a relatively low priority for me and my public posts have been more focused for a while on preserving and disseminating existing UFO material than posting anything new that could be, um, controversial.

In the last few weeks, for example, I've worked with Ole Braenne in Norway and others to get most Norwegian UFO magazines/newsletters online (with permission from relevant UFO groups/editors) and in the last week or two I've helped get many Japanese UFO magazines/newsletters online (working with a researcher in Japan and others). I've now started getting permission to upload material from Brazil:
files.afu.se...

Researching new issues may be more entertaining, and I give in to temptation too often, but I think that some of the boring jobs within ufology are probably more productive and more worthwhile in the longer term.

For example, with the (limited) spare time I'll have for ufology in the next week, I think that it would probably be more important to seek to archive material from ATS (if I get a positive response to the permission requests I've made to the owners of ATS in the last few days) than give in to temptation and spend more time on more fun issues within ufology.

I'm fairly keen to see posts on ATS preserved. Frankly, I'd rather see others do the work on that preservation (so I can do more fun stuff instead) - but I think such archiving should be done pretty soon, just in case.

Edit to add: I've stayed up rather late for the last two nights trying out a few possibilities after work involving technical issues far outside my comfort zone. (It's been too hot at night to get to sleep early anyway). Unfortunately, I managed to wipe the content of my www.isaackoi.com website in the process. I'll eventually work out how to restore a backup, hopefully...
edit on 26-6-2020 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Of course Tim McMillan now resides in Germany. Coincidentally the home of Cometa and the location of company whose servers were used to leak the video onto the internet. He claims to be a freelance ‘investigative’ journalist. This also seems a little curious when you begin to ask questions of him too.

yea i dont buy that much coincidence , sounds like a operation to find Cometa.

The freelance journalist BS ties into this nicely , thats a good foot between the door when making contact with Cometa.

Autority on the UFO subject after a year or so investigating….lol

Thanks for the Thread though very usefull background information , Always wondered where the leak came from .

edit on 26-6-2020 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So does this mean that the Nimitz hoax originated on ATS, more than a decade before Delonge & AATIP claimed to “declassify” the footage as part of their half-assed attempt at a psyop?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
this is honestly melting my brain, where to even begin to figure out the knot to untie here?

that detail about a disk being reported, and then the next day the story changing and being written in a very different tone? there's something there that pushes buttons deep in my brains.
and then the bizarre way everything piles on top?
it's like some new and horrific sister-phenomena to high strangeness.
High banality? i have to go lay down.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
One thing for certain, this is THE thread on ATS right now.

I encourage everyone to flag this one.

Srry to be off topic there. This is incredible stuff and I'm still trying to make sense of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

I find it really refreshing , making me look at the Tic Tac incident from a whole different point of view.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Excellent post Mirageman. I've always thoroughly enjoyed your threads!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
This is all from open source data.

Thanks, Old School.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Tim certainly has an interesting career and background;

* His father/Uncle were in the intelligence community and he would sit and listen to their stories in awe when they had family get together's when he was a child.

* Potentially although not confirmed, one of his close relatives is still very high in the intelligence community (Joint Chiefs of Staff Level). - Not yet been 100% confirmed

* Appeared on TedTalks recounting an encounter with a black guy whilst on patrol that feared for his life due to the perception of the police - that was a "life changing event" - but then moves to Germany and blogs about UFOs - just seems like a really odd disconnect.

* He specialized in interrogation and HUMINT (is intelligence gathered by means of interpersonal contact) as a police officer.

* He completed SAP Training programs, I looked for these very and found that to qualify for access you need to be either;
1) a Federal Employee
2) A DoD Employee

Also to note;

"CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program."

CDSE Course Source

Note- Means of access may vary dependent on supplier of the course - but I can't imagine any Tom, Lue and Harry can sign up to understand how classified programs are managed - there has to be some oversight and restriction of access.

* His partner works for the Department of Defence - they live on a US Air Base in Germany.

* He has admitted to speaking with Lue Elizondo, Christoper Mellon and other former intelligence officials for "hours on the phone" - seemingly where others have been stonewalled for a reply for a single comment!

* He appeared on BlackVault Radio 4-5 times so far - after the last appearance, John Greenwald got an "Interview" with Lue Elizondo and bizarrely the "Young Guns" that have so nastily been targeting John - suddenly stopped, as did Johns previous continuing criticisms of TTSA & Lue Elizondo.

* He somehow managed to get access to the 500 page BAASS Report - why would someone break their NDA to supply this to him?

* He targeted Doty straight away and got access to his personnel files - even though there was little value to them.

* Gained access to the FBI files on the supposed raid of Lazar's place, proving it to not be as presented by Coorbell.

Important Note;
Ufology eats itself and its own, its very true. That was not my intention for the above post; if he is indeed a genuinely interested party, then I think his progress in the field has been extraordinary. He has managed to achieve in a short 2 years what some Ufologists haven't been able to do in 20.

That being said, I think with the access to individuals, information he has had and probably still does; should make us question the motives behind such a person too. We don't have to eat people - but we should never be afraid of asking Questions about them and their motives...

edit on p501010202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p161143202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Super interesting, thanks! Threads like this alone would justify the continued existence of ATS.
edit on 26-6-2020 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

With all due respect for all your work, Isaac. And I mean that sincerely.

I and everyone else can see how that your response avoids answering the questions posed. I think they are very valid questions too.

1) What were your motivations for pursuing and seeking the identities of people potentially involved in illegally removing and leaking US military files. Especially when investigations seem to have taken place in 2007, 2009 and 2016?

2) Have the US authorities (or any other interested parties) been in contact regarding your pursuit of these persons?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have followed this but never dug real deep. Very interesting with the post and tone change. But I don’t know if I forgot or never heard of the saucer floating above the ship.
So it sounds like the theory is the tic tac was a drone for the larger craft? That what I get. And the craft in the water was crashed or refueling maybe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join