It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India, China both deploy in 'large numbers' along border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In spite of what some articles I have read about the situation between India and China's border conflict it does not appear that things are cooling down all that much as both sides are ramping up their troop deployments.

Srivastava said "Chinese actions" on the unofficial border, known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC), led to this month's deadly fight with rocks and batons. No shots were fired.

"At the heart of the matter is that since early May, the Chinese side has been amassing a large contingent of troops and armaments along the LAC," the spokesman charged.

NEW DELHI: India acknowledged for the first time that it has matched China in massing troops at their contested Himalayan border region after a deadly clash this month.

But India's foreign ministry accused China of causing the tensions by starting military deployments, and warned relations between the world's two most populous nations could be undermined if the standoff continues.

www.bangkokpost.com...

I for one do not want to see an escalation between India and China.

If there is an escalation it will be interesting to see what Russia and the USA will do. India had a Military Company March in Russia's May Day parade and India has a lot of Russian military equipment... Even so in every department China out guns or out flies anything the Indian military has.
edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Be a bit more of a fair competition if the Ruskies come in on the side of India. One has the tech the other has the manpower. What's the deal gonna be? India gets Tibet and Kashmir while Russia takes Chinese Mongolia?

Thing is China is more of a threat to Putin in far east plus coaxing FSU in central asia, India is less of a threat and has other areas to go at ie Pkistan and Bengelis

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

India has nukes, will they use them? Will 200 million march in from China?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

India has nukes, will they use them? Will 200 million march in from China?

I have more faith in humanity I suppose than most for the only time nukes, other than small tactical nukes will ever be used IMO is as a absolute last resort. Nuke a major city in either country and a full nuclear retaliation with the big stuff is not a nice thing to think about in anyone's military hand book.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Communism screwed China...they changed to slowly....India is overtaking them in a lot of areas that are non-military and the whole world can see India will overtake China as a Global impact sooner than later.

Chinas People Management has been crap.....they have stunted and stymied their own natural growth....over-planning led to long term stagnancy.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"he rising Chinese deployment in Pangong Tso area of Ladakh has been recognised as the biggest concern by the top brass of Indian armed forces. The point of confrontation where two sides are at an eyeball to eyeball situation is Finger Four of the Pangong lake area.

High-resolution satellite images acquired from Planet Labs by India Today and analysed by military satellite imagery expert Col Vinayak Bhat (Retd), suggest that the Chinese army could be occupying the crucial ridgelines on top of Finger Four, overlooking the forward Indian positions."

www.indiatoday.in... -2020-06-26

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to see an India and Russia front against China with the US supplying weaponry.

The US even helped Stalin back in WW2.

Honestly if another WW happened it would probably be everyone against China, because everyone is getting tired of it. Probably like what Ufoorbhunter mentioned earlier.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
thanks for OP and contributors

our idiot media is swooning over chaz/chop while major war is brewing. shame on them.

hopefully stand down soon. two huge populations; would be massive slaughter if they really did get into it.

I can't see USA involved in any serious way. Russia, maybe.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Reuters report

www.reuters.com...

China has deployed large numbers of troops and weapons along a disputed Himalayan border in violation of bilateral agreements, India’s foreign ministry said on Thursday, accusing Beijing of escalating tensions and triggering a deadly clash last week...
After senior military commanders held parleys this week, both sides have since agreed to disengage their troops on the disputed border.
But in satellite images reviewed by Reuters, China appears to have added new structures near the site of the Galwan Valley clash that India says is on its side of the LAC. These include camouflaged tents or covered structures and a potential new camp under construction with walls or barricades.

let's take a deep breath and calm down, guys...
will India consider Chinese construction a hostile act?
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't see Russia or US getting dragged into it. Pakistan is more likely, and even that's a long shot.

In terms of raw numbers of materials and personnel, both are pretty evenly matched overall. I would say that the Indian military is arguably better trained/equipped.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I wouldn't be surprised to see an India and Russia front against China with the US supplying weaponry.

The US even helped Stalin back in WW2.

Honestly if another WW happened it would probably be everyone against China, because everyone is getting tired of it. Probably like what Ufoorbhunter mentioned earlier.

Russia and China are not all cozy. Russia has only 150 million people and is the largest country in the world with huge resources that China would love to have with Russia being a satellite state. Russia has increased trade to about 70 billion per year, but that is chump change to what China could have by force.

I think the key here with both China and India is they have a lot of bodies to throw at each other and not bat an eye. If both sides lost 200 million each it might be seen as almost a good thing of purging those who cost the states a lot or resources. Seems like a very evil thought, but much of the world doesn't put the same value to life as most of the western world may do. It all becomes numbers in what would be an acceptable loss, and in both cases their views on population reduction would not hurt them in anyway and may even be good for their economies in the long run.

edit on 26-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down.

I don't how you got that I was saying China and Russia are friendly.

I was just saying that by now the whole damn world is pretty much tired of China and North Korea. I've got friends who have family over in Laos and Vietnam and they're tired of China. Hell, China is tired of China.

My Indian acquaintances say that over in India they've been waiting for China to force their hand for years. A lot of Indians want war with China. Apparently it's been a feud for a long time. And honestly my money is on India.

Indians were badass warriors all throughout history, especially during the world wars, and up to present day they're still a force to be reckoned with.

The Chinese military has been slacking for quite some time now.

For real look. What was it 50 years ago the last time China tried to go to war? They went to take over Vietnam after they had just got done sorting out their own civil war, and China still got their asses kicked.

The people that make up the Chinese military aren't battle hardened. That and they're overworked and hate their government.

China may be buying up a lot of real estate and resources, but they don't really have anything to back it up.

Oh yeah, they have nukes, but unless Xi goes complete bonkers they ain't going to use them.

North Korea may want to, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go well for the Kims.

I'm pretty sure even China would cut the head off the snake to keep North Korea from effing up everything.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
At least India will hopefully not be caught totally off guard if something goes down.

Title : India Deploys Missiles In Ladakh To Meet Chinese Threat: Report

menafn.com...

New Delhi: As tension continues to simmer between India and China along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh, the Indian armed forces have deployed advanced quick-reaction surface-to-air missile defence systems in the mountainous region to thwart any possible attack by Chinese forces, ANI reported Saturday.

"As part of the ongoing build-up in the sector, the air defence systems of both Indian Army and the Indian Air Force have been deployed in the sector to prevent any misadventure by the Chinese Air Force fighter jets or the People's Liberation Army choppers there," government sources told ANI.

India's move comes in the wake of massive Chinese buildup, including positing its superiority aircraft like the Sukhoi-30 and its strategic bombers to the rear locations which have been detected flying near the Indian territory maintaining the 10 km plus distance from the boundary.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
www.bangkokpost.com...
Title : China sent martial artists to India border before deadly clash:

You must admit that was smart on China's part if they were planning on starting so ruckus on the border.. According to the article there were 100s of new troops..

BEIJING: China reinforced its troops near the Indian border with mountain climbers and martial arts fighters shortly before a deadly clash this month, state media reported.

Tensions are common between the two nuclear-armed neighbours in the mountainous border terrain, but this month's fighting was their deadliest encounter in over 50 years.

Five new militia divisions including former members of a Mount Everest Olympic torch relay team and fighters from a mixed martial arts club presented themselves for inspection at Lhasa on June 15, official military newspaper China National Defense News reported.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Why on earth would India and China endanger world peace over what ultimately is a relatively very small and uninhabited area with no known major material deposits or even strategic importance.

Why would anyone support either side in any conflict?

The rest of the world should simply say 'If you are stupid enough to kill each other over something so unimportant then get on with it and we'll just sit back and shake our collective heads in disbelief'.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Why on earth would India and China endanger world peace over what ultimately is a relatively very small and uninhabited area with no known major material deposits or even strategic importance.

Why would anyone support either side in any conflict?

The rest of the world should simply say 'If you are stupid enough to kill each other over something so unimportant then get on with it and we'll just sit back and shake our collective heads in disbelief'.

While that is easy to say, if you owned 100 acre farm and I decided to build a house way way out back on a quarter acre of unfarmable land, would you be cool with that? I'm not saying they should fight, but people since the beginning of time want whats "theirs" to stay "theirs". There is a deeper problem in humans that drives this at the ordinary people's state of existence even though "theirs" is purely subjective.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

china is like my one of my ex wives, she had the idea that whats hers was hers and what was mine was hers.
had to put a stop to that sh@@, that's why she is a Ex.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I think you are right....but in your hypothetical situation should other land owners, some far away from 'your' plot of land, be dragged in to your land dispute and/or the fall out from the disagreement threaten their well being?

I understand 'national pride' but sometimes its just petty, pretty bloody pointless and certainly detrmiental to our development and maybe even continued existence.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think you are right....but in your hypothetical situation should other land owners, some far away from 'your' plot of land, be dragged in to your land dispute and/or the fall out from the disagreement threaten their well being?

It depends if they see some benefit in doing so. Say the person who tried to steal your land is a well-known menace that everyone else in the area is fed up with too. Might be worth teaming up to take them down a peg so they're less of a threat in the future.

Personally, if they did go to war, I'd like to see the US stay completely out of it.

I do wonder just how badass China's military really is. The media talks them up a lot, but don't forget the media talked Saddam's military up a lot before the Gulf War and the 2003 invasion. We wiped the floor with them. The only reason we suffered so many casualties in Iraq the second time was because we stuck around so insurgents could nip and peck our soldiers to death day after day.

This is the same media that continually talks up North Korea's military, despite every defector unanimously telling us their military is an under-fed, under-equipped, poorly-trained mess. They can't even get their artillery right. Every time the media does a report on NK they talk about how they can wipe Seoul off the map, when in reality most of their artillery can't even reach Seoul.

As much as the media thinks China's military is so awesome, that makes me lean toward they're overrated.
edit on 30 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join