It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian? The COVID-19 Phone App is already on your phone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

That's the way it always goes though. First it's "No, It's not compulsory." Then it's "We just installed the framework in case you do want to install the app at some stage." Next will be " Well, you can turn it off whenever you want" . Inch by f##king inch.......

Maybe I'm just a pessimist but I'm it seems to me there's already a backdoor for the app and I have little doubt there's a secondary battery installed in new phones to run when the phone is off or the battery is removed.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Flatcoat

That's the way it always goes though. First it's "No, It's not compulsory." Then it's "We just installed the framework in case you do want to install the app at some stage." Next will be " Well, you can turn it off whenever you want" . Inch by f##king inch.......

Maybe I'm just a pessimist but I'm it seems to me there's already a backdoor for the app and I have little doubt there's a secondary battery installed in new phones to run when the phone is off or the battery is removed.

Not sure it's relevant here but a top US Air-force officer insisted an app was placed onto servicemen's phone. Turns out the app not only tracked the phone but could also check out the owners social media sites, pics, emails, vids etc.

I hope this Corona app doesn't turn out the same way.

I can't link but it comes under 'Angry Cops' a spoof video. Quoted below,

"A creepy commander in the 504th MI Brigade made an app that tracked soldiers locations, could see their photos/videos, and retrieve all their contacts information. What kind of super stalker stuff is this? No one wants to have a babysitter or their command getting into their business. Angry Drill SGT breaks down the incident in the only way he knows how. By roasting her. Cool SWAG."

I can relate to the guy as I went through 'Boot camp' in the early 70's.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 26-6-2020 by bally001 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Lucky they have our best interests at heart...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It does seem to be more a set of "ports" which future apps will be able to use. The switch would presumably give one the ability to shut the whole set down without having to depend the user to deny access to a particular app. The fact that it defaults to locked might be an indication.

But I can't find it on my phone at all.

If I understand you correctly, you think the COVID-19 "app" is nothing more than an interface between the public health jurisdiction apps and google's data collection? (As well as being a notification system of possible exposure among google users.)

I didn't spend a lot of time looking into it, but that's what makes the most sense to me, given google's ubiquity on mobile devices spanning the most common operating systems.
edit on 6/26/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i liked the ads promoting it

"and don't worry, your information is protected by law"

lmao

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Or just get a burner phone. But phones are incredibly useful. From GPS to money-making apps. It makes life a lot easier.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emit1
i liked the ads promoting it

"and don't worry, your information is protected by law"

lmao

Yup just like how the NSA believes in in privacy. O wait... governments don't really care about privacy. You're fuked!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We all need to abandon our smart phones.

We all know that they turn on the cameras and microphones as we pay them monthly to collect data from us.

All that data is being used to tailor us into a constant state of complacency.

A.I. ads and algorithms will be so finely crafted that they will know what you want before you do.

Why does a photo editing app need to access my contacts?!

With the advent of smart phones and social media, they have libraries of info on us that they will use.

If you are modernized and absolutely need the www,
PC + lan line > smart phone.

Helps out your memory by retaining peoples actual phone numbers and usually PC's are stationary so you don't spend your whole day on the internet.

Another plus to not having a phone and/or social media is you make yourself less accessible to people, therefore more popular like a rare commodity.

Attach a VPN and they'll have a harder time studying us.

This music video is a good representation of our material possessions owning us:

youtu.be...
edit on 26-6-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Go back to bed America

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
USA here on my phone too lol.
Cray cray

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It's a API framework for apps to use, probably to ensure app developers don't do something dodgy and use their app to remote your 'phone or compromise your privacy.

The apps aren't installed on your 'phone until you install them.

By the way, the apps will use the 'phone's built in sensors and metrics. Even before you install the apps, your 'phones have already been gathering that data from day one.

If you buy a smartphone, you get all those GPSing, cellphone location tracking, Googling and FaceBorking privacy busting things. If you don't want them. Don't get a smartphone that uses them to give you all those 'wonderful' social media abilities.

Buy an ultra-cheap 'dumb' phone, with no e-mail, or apps, or social media, and no WiFi, and you are all good.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'd love to. Unfortunately to earn a crust, I've got to use a Square.

To be honest, I don't actually use my phone for much and especially not any social media, which, other than ATS, I don't do anyway.

I just object to a private foreign company having any effect on my life, without my permission. I realise some clown may well jump in here all whinnie like, dribbling some sh!t about, ehhh but you agreed to the T&Cs. Well if you do, I've got some news for you chump, this COVID-19 app BS is well beyond any anticipated agreement I had with google, so they can #$%^&ing well jam it up their @#$%.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join