It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian? The COVID-19 Phone App is already on your phone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And for my 150th thread of medium to low quality............

I'd just like to say from the outset that;

A. I do not trust my Government
and
B. I trust Google even less.

So I heard a bit of a rumour that the COVID-19 app has already been put on peoples phones.....so I had a look, and this is what I found.

Under Google Settings we have this little list. It's even got a nice little Covid symbol, how considerate of the $%%%^^&^&

And this is the information contained therein;

To turn on COVID-19 exposure notifitcations, install or finish setting up a participating app.

ARE YOU #$%^&# SERIOUS

If I wanted the app, I would have gone to where I get all my other apps from. But it seems I don't get a choice. Install - are you for real? Seriously, considering points A & B above, what truth can I really expect to get when I ask, has thing thing not already been installed and secretly functioning in a hidden background somewhere?

I've got to say that the fact this is on my phone has got my blood boiling.

Is it possible to get rid of google altogether from your phone?

edit on 25 6 2020 by myselfaswell because: Bloody Spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yup last update everybody got it.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Linux has an OS for phones. I have not really looked into it, but I did notice it. I would love to take back control of my phone.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Is it possible to get rid of google altogether from your phone?

Yeah, you could get an iPhone.

Oh wait...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know but from the wording it sounds like it isn't installed already. If it was fully installed why would it say to be notified, install or finishing installing an app?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

There was a thread a couple days ago on this. It's an update pushed to android and ios in April or may or something. It's built into the os now. You can disable it for now...but yeah. It's pretty #ed.

I'm just waiting for pinephones or purism phones to become viable then I'm done with Google and Apple's # myself.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Easy fix.

Get rid of your cell phone!

It really is awesome just to see the look on someones face when you tell them you don't own one. SERIOUSLY!

Also makes you wonder how those of us who grew up with out them in the stone age actually survived.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Don't worry, it will be installed and turned on after the next update.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yep, gotta agree, I too am I'm over google.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That's nothing . Just wait till your assigned ibot is giving you electric shocks for not getting up on time

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It appears not to be an app in and of itself, but an addition to the list of services. It doesn't even appear that it does anything unless you choose to share if you have the 'vid. In addition, it won't work unless you have an adjacent app from your region's public health authority running.

Might be a good idea to not use google services on your phone, though.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Might be a good idea to not use google services on your phone, though.

Roger Wilco.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You're #ting me, there it is on my Samsung, so much for giving us the option...pricks...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yep. Just found it on mine as well.....c#*ts!!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah... I got myself a military grade phone Faraday cage as soon as I discovered that on my phone on Saturday.

It isn't actually an app, it's part of the phone's health and privacy settings, it is "off" by default, and you can't turn it "on" unless you install a separate 3rd part Covid tracking app, which then runs the data through the tracking settings.

In the case of iOS it actually appears like a good privacy measure on the surface, effectively not letting a third party app log information directly. It makes your phone more "secure" in it's current state.

However, it would be possible in a subsequent update to "install" a proprietary tracking app, as part of the phone's core software. Then it would be just the flick of a switch to effectively have an un-installable tracking functionality added to your phone.

If you still want to carry a mobile device with you, get a Faraday cage.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Root your phone, gut the bs and firewall it.
I just found it.
My updates have been disable since day 1.
They are getting it in phones outside of system updates.
I have no updates.
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The Bastards use the media to tell us how bad China is with its policy of forcing this sort of crap on the Chinese People while at the same time, bringing it in in Australia by stealth.

The more and more they do this the more I start to believe that Guy Fawkes was onto something.

I want my damn country back!

I don't like their version of slavery for that is what they are slowly creating.

P

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It does seem to be more a set of "ports" which future apps will be able to use. The switch would presumably give one the ability to shut the whole set down without having to depend the user to deny access to a particular app. The fact that it defaults to locked might be an indication.

But I can't find it on my phone at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

That's the way it always goes though. First it's "No, It's not compulsory." Then it's "We just installed the framework in case you do want to install the app at some stage." Next will be " Well, you can turn it off whenever you want" . Inch by f##king inch.......

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm in the UK and Google have put one on my phone too, I just need to activate it. But I don't trust it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join