It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
I rest my case.....
5) The impossible attributes of God: omnipotent, all knowing, all powerful yet depends on people to speak on his behalf. Any lunatic can speak on God's behalf yet god remain silent.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
MONO

From Pachomius
This is an experiment to see whether any poster here is interested in the topic God exists or not, and has a thought about the issue, and cares to talk with me, so that we can learn from each other.

From pthena
You may start reading here www.abovetopsecret.com... August 4-5, in this your thread.

Dear pthena, here is what I care to see whether you will accept my very quick argument for God's existence, my proof on evidence:

"I exist (evidence), therefore God exists (conclusion)."

See what very quick comments you will make on my very quick proof on evidence for God's existence.

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Pachomius

Dear Pachomius,

You may start reading here www.abovetopsecret.com... August 4-5, in this your thread.

Spoiler alert: in the direction of God existing.

Later on in this thread there is even a creed written by me.
----------
Edit to Add:

I noticed that at the bottom of my creed where I had intended to write "Vaya con Dios", I accidently wrote "Via con Dios".
Coincidence ? Maybe an implication.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

God is a righteous Judge displaying His wrath daily.

I see that when you hear or read the word God confusion kicks in.
edit on 13-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's what Pachomius is doing, existence exists therefore we can track it down by the physical part of existence to an intelligent spiritual creator.

Dear Out, you have gotten correctly my proof on evidence for God's existence, thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
God exhibits immature rage when no one pays attention to him; he makes people suffer for what others have done; he has no regard for human life; and he tortures decent people for such reasons as winning bets with Satan. If we were to extract this behavior into human terms, we would most likely draw a comparison with that of a spoiled child. Because of an obvious state of fear and panic over similar reports heard by authors of the ancient Hebrew scriptures, they wrote and sang praises to this terrible creature thinking that such measures might assist in helping them escape his unconscionable wrath....Are we talking about the same righteous Hebrew God??

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

They think they are Lord of the whole.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I think not, your Hebrew God must be imagined.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To top it all off, God conveniently ceased his murdering and slave driving when modern philosophers, enlightened thinking, and accurate historical records began to appear. However, Jesus did not invalidate the aforementioned rules and regulations with his teachings, as some apologists often claim, because the old laws were never intended to be cast aside. “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil” (Matthew 5:7). “For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled” (Matthew 5:18). “And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail” (Luke 16:17). Amazingly, the perfect Jesus also tells us that we should abide by the old laws established by Moses. Something is definitely wrong here.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
I rest my case.....
5) The impossible attributes of God: omnipotent, all knowing, all powerful yet depends on people to speak on his behalf. Any lunatic can speak on God's behalf yet god remain silent.

Best not to bring up abstract features of God, like omnipotence, omniscience, etc., just state what God has created or caused to come to existence, namely: man, the universe, and everything with a beginning.

If any human does not accept the creation or causation of God, with bringing to existence man and the universe and everything with a beginning - then I care to learn from him who or what created or caused to come to existence: man, the universe, and everything with a beginning?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Is that that imaginary God again?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If anything should exist eternally it must be the thing that exist...The Universe. The Universe from which all thing in existence evolved...including your brain...that brain..which over time which made you aware...made you thought you are "special". The brain...that if is unhealthy makes you raging mad and as dense as any other animal in existence.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
yup the one that comes alive on the page of the writer...like superman, batman, Santa clause or any other imaginary character

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
God is portrayed in human terms, like He being possessed of anger, hatred, ambition, possessive-ness, vindictive-ness... in the monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, Judaism.

Still in these faiths, most important with God is that first and foremost He made heaven and earth.

God exhibits immature rage when no one pays attention to him; he makes people suffer for what others have done; he has no regard for human life; and he tortures decent people for such reasons as winning bets with Satan. If we were to extract this behavior into human terms, we would most likely draw a comparison with that of a spoiled child. Because of an obvious state of fear and panic over similar reports heard by authors of the ancient Hebrew scriptures, they wrote and sang praises to this terrible creature thinking that such measures might assist in helping them escape his unconscionable wrath....Are we talking about the same righteous Hebrew God??

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

That's what Pachomius is doing, existence exists therefore we can track it down by the physical part of existence to an intelligent spiritual creator.

Great, so maybe you can show us a map of where to find this creature and a reliable means of engaging it directly, face to face. That's really the only kind of dialogue that has any value.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
He had to portray human terms...after all he was invented by human. Old superstitious sexist old men who thought the earth was flat and it was cool to have slaves.

edit on 13-8-2020 by toktaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If anything should exist eternally it must be the thing that exist...The Universe. The Universe from which all thing in existence evolved...including your brain...that brain..which over time which made you aware...made you thought you are "special". The brain...that if is unhealthy makes you raging mad and as dense as any other animal in existence.

And pray, where does the universe come from 13.8 billion years ago? Go ask physical cosmologists for the date of the universe beginning to exist, although they are mum on from where(?).

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Are you ignoring this part .."If anything should exist eternally it must be the thing that exist." The beginning you speak of is when we recognized and started measuring time...however the evidence proves that the universe has always existed in difference forms....we know the Universe exist ...we interact with it daily....that's the difference with the God theory...no interaction with God...no proof...no evidence.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There's no such thing as no evidence of God to a human. Consider the idea there must be something terribly wrong with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not. "

Lets examine which is more intelligent and productive thinking: (the Universe vs God as a "cause")
If something were to “just exist” without cause, a simple thing seems more likely than something with a high degree of complexity.

A God would require an incredible amount of complexity, considering its need to store, retrieve, comprehend, and create. This God would have to know how to bring matter into existence, and intentionally shape that matter into living things. It would need either need to be self-taught, or somehow “just know” all things without ever being educated.

By comparison, energy and particles are pretty dumb. They don’t begin with a high degree of complexity, and must rely on natural laws, chance probabilities, and selection to begin to form any sort of true complexity.
There is much waste and disorder in the Universe. Why would God carefully design hundreds of billions of galaxies if he only needed one? (We didn’t even know until recently that these other galaxies existed!) Why design entire galaxies, and then crash them into one another? Why make space so deadly for humans? Or place objects so far away that there is no hope of our ever reaching them? Why pelt random moons and planets with space-debris? Is there a reason for this kind of design? Is it intelligent? Or is it random? Nature’s behavior is wasteful, unguided, indifferent, and lacks the thoughtfulness one would expect from an intelligent designer.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You're inventing God again

I can imagine this world is also what you imagine it to be
edit on 13-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join