It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TzarChasm

There's more than one way to feed the ego. God works in mysterious ways for a reason, and they are all about attachment and self realization.

Once again pure human conceptual abstracts... We are very good at that you know... Everything around you was an abstract thought first...didn't exist in our universe until we made it. Even your breakfast was an abstract first then you made it outside of the ability of our universe.

The problem is we can make realities happen directly from abstract thoughts, just look at your computer you are using, but that doesn't mean every abstract thought will also be reality, and this is where we tend to fall into a grey area. Since we have proof that abstract thoughts can be reality we dump many other things into that bucket, like Big Foot, Star Wars, religions, intelligent design...and so on....

I have argued against the question asked of "if humans would be better off if we never thought of religion?" and my answer has always been is if we didn't have religion we would not be human with the ability to think in the abstract, and so most likely no we would not be better off.

Humans have damn near mastered the art of taking mundane resources and exploiting them to the limits of natural law so as to produce unnatural effects and product. Was the electric bulb supposed to happen? Was the cell phone a necessary invention? What about the internet? Video games? Virtual reality? The cern laboratory where they smash particles so we can understand every little detail about subatomic physics and maybe learn to exploit quantum mechanics? Traveling to mars and colonizing it because we trashed this planet? If any gods do exist they have fled fast and far because they know what we are willing to do for "the greater good". Imagine what it takes to scare god that bad.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If a tree falls in a wood and there is no one around to hear it fall.......does it make a sound?

Look! Over there! Is that a deer? Her ear twitched. Betcha she heard it.

There's these waves in the air. If there happens to be a nervous system around that interprets those frequencies as sound than yeah. Doesn't have to be a human nervous system.

edit on 5-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

When a tree makes a sound falling when you're around, why wouldn't it when you're not around?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Did trees exist before we made them?

If a tree falls in a wood and there is no one around to hear it fall.......does it make a sound?

I think you know what I mean... you sit in an office on a computer everything around you was created first in the human brain as a thought first. I'm not suggesting the whole universe is abstract, so reread my post to get an understanding as to what I meant, and no, humans didn't create trees.... Also If a tree falls in a wood and there is no one around to hear it fall then no one gives a F... Did you say a age old profound question to look smart or something...lol

In Quantum Mechanics there is a thing called the Observer Problem. Basically this means that as all events are essentially random (on a sub-atomic scale), until they have been observed we can't be sure they've actually happened, so until someone hears it we can not say the sound happened.

edit on 5-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

When a tree makes a sound falling when you're around, why wouldn't it when you're not around?

It makes the energy that we interpret as sound. So if nobody is around to interpret the energy as sound, it did not make a sound.

If a camera flash goes off in a room only comprised of totally blind people, did anyone see the flash. Did it make visible electromagnetic waves?

Back to the tree. A tree could make the same type of pressure waves that comprise sound, but at frequencies beyond the range of human hearing. Did it make a sound?
edit on 5-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Imagine what it takes to scare god that bad.

We scared all the old Gods away barely past the stage of fire...lol

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Is sound a substance in the air or is it an abstract created within our brains to interpret pressure in the air. So did the tree make air pressures, but not sound?

How does all other life forms interpret that air pressure of a tree falling, I bet it is extremely different, but the pressure is the same.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
[ quote]originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Pachomius
[ quote]
I forgot to mention in my OP* that my thread is concerned with God in the monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
[ /quote]

Forgot to mention?

No wonder you would not entertain any definition other than your own!

[ /quote]

Sorry, but please, it's still possible to repeat your definition of God - there are so many of you against me or straying from the topic of the thread, I can't be reading all your posts all the time.

Just put my name at the top of your post, like this: Addressing PACHOMIUS, then present whatever you want to say to me to enlighten me on your thoughts etc etc etc, okay?

So, here is my concept of God again:
"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

Now, I am all eyes and heart and mind to read your concept of God, okay?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
[ quote]originally posted by: pthena
[ quote]
I forgot to mention in my OP* that my thread is concerned with God in the monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
[ /quote]

Forgot to mention?

No wonder you would not entertain any definition other than your own!

[ /quote]

Sorry, but please, it's still possible to repeat your definition of God - there are so many of you against me or straying from the topic of the thread, I can't be reading all your posts all the time.

Just put my name at the top of your post, like this: Addressing PACHOMIUS, then present whatever you want to say to me to enlighten me on your thoughts etc etc etc, okay?

So, here is my concept of God again:
"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

Now, I am all eyes and heart and mind to read your concept of God, okay?

Blaming us because you are lazy and dont bother reading half of the 7-8 replies addressed specifically to you? Lmao okay dude. You tell it the way you want to.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Addressing PACHOMIUS

Manuela; Def: God is with us.

I posted this elsewhere, so copy - paste

What if God is not eternal?
What if God lives much longer than individual mortals?
What if God is mortal too?

No going to heaven all alone.
Just staying here at home with us.

Maybe, just maybe, remembering the nameless, dehumanized victims.
Remembering the suffering, the pain, the names.
And yes, dying with us.

What if God has no problem with dying at a ripe old age?

I realize that I have a tendency to think of God in Earth-centric terms. It's not that I think Earth-centrism is correct. It's a matter of the whole Universe is so big that I just can't wrap my head around it.

Of course, I can't wrap my head around the whole World either, but I've seen enough maps, globes, and satellite images to think that I at least have some idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Concept is not evidence. You have not provided any evidence to support a hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Addressing Pthena.

The only thing am able to wrap my head around : is ice-cream !

Dear God :

Just noticed with my woman, that your hat in your profile pick, looks identical to my winter hat. ( Pendleton 100% wool. )
But the difference is : where your face is covered by a wrapped scarf; mine is covered by wrapped toilet-paper.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

But if desire always within us be,
Its outer fringe is all that we shall see.
Tao Te Ching, by Lao Tzu
Translated by James Legge in 1891.
Book 1

To approach this work concerning Manuela, we must first acknowledge the limited scope of the piece.

The author was desirous. The desire was to determine whether God is sympathetic to our plight of pain and death. That desire reflects the question in the first verse of Joan's song.

If God had a name what would it be?
And would you call it to His face?
If you were faced with Him in all His glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?

We have the name Manuela (God is with us).
We have the author's question: Are you Manuela, sympathetic with us?

The answer contradicts some statements in Joan's song, such as "making His way home". That's the big contradiction.

The "What if" questions seem not to be rhetorical questions from God, implying that they are statements from God about God. They are actual questions that God is asking the reader.

No going to heaven all alone.
Just staying here at home with us.

These two lines seem to be a conversation. The first is a statement from God, and the second is a statement from the author to God, as a sort of verbal internalization of God's statement.

Remember that this is just an outer fringe to the desire driven question.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The only thing am able to wrap my head around : is ice-cream !

Brain freeze.

Just noticed with my woman, that your hat in your profile pick, looks identical to my winter hat. ( Pendleton 100% wool. )

I hope you are being a gentleman; her seated and you looking over her shoulder and not the other way around.

The hat is Authentic Skala Classic. I bought it to replace the hat I gave away which was a replacement for the hat I gave away.

I have stories about hats. I probably won't write them down.

I don't think I'll ask about the toilet paper.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Lol text analysis in the middle of this crazyness. This is probably the weirdest thread ever.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I believe therefore he does.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Lol text analysis in the middle of this crazyness. This is probably the weirdest thread ever.

It generates a lot of thoughts. High pressure type stuff.

Now suppose someone was writing things purporting to be from God, wouldn't you like to get some explanation? There's like cited sources and everything. Saves some time for the future scholars.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I don't know. I guess if God had to make a comment on humans and current affairs it would be something like:
"Gosh your stupidity pisses me off! To hell with it!"

And to this thread specifically probably "guys please!? Really? Don't you have more important issues?"

edit on 5-8-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

He said : yep, yall went there. Looks like we have to give you all time out.. a virus with quarantines seemed to work throughout history, so here little bat... (The Great Architect then allowed the bat to host but not become infected with virus that are potentially pandemic material).

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

"guys please!? Really? Don't you have more important issues?"

That question has been answered. page 51

The end of the karma/re-incarnation cycle is Nirvana.
Complete one-ness with Brahman is Nirvana.
Nirvana is annihilation.
Brahman is annihilation.
Annihilation is Nothing.
====================
So once you know nothing
why not just move on
and live until you die?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that has been answered already then we must be regressing here.
edit on 6-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join