It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

What’s your point again?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
May I propose that every poster contribute his concept on God, as the thread is about God exists or not.

That is the first task we all posters here must attend to, the concept of God, for we are going to ascertain God exists or not.

Here my the concept of God I am proposing that we all accept, otherwise we will look very irrational even insane with talking each one past everyone's else head, and that is not communication that is honest intelligent and productive.

Here is my concept of God:

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, please every poster here, present your concept of God, then we will work together to come to a common agreed on concept of God, Whose existence we or each one will prove to exist or not - on my part I seek to convince you that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Sorry you only like your own posts.

And why are you so concerned about humankind which is obsessed with material things, with little regard for spirituality. Specially in the context your god doesn’t need/acknowledge worship?

You Neutron are out of context, you are off topic.

To be within the context of the present thread, you must cooperate with everyone else to first arrive at a common concept of God, and I have presented my concept of God, for everyone including myself to work on as to arrive at a common agreed on concept of God.

Here is again my concept of God:
"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

Please everyone, present your concept of God, okay?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

See this poem: Speaking To The Wind.
Tree pretty much calls Wind a liar.

Enlil, the Sumerian god of Wind, was the chief god of the whole pantheon. He wasn't supplanted until Marduk came along and stole all the attributes of the gods and goddesses. He even took the lips of Inanna. That makes him a real cock biter. Yeah, I said it. Lips, man lips, Inanna's lips, stuck on his face, covering his teeth.

Marduk got the lying attribute from Enlil. It's all a lie. Marduk is a lie. Monotheism in concept itself could be a lie.

edit on 29-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yeah. And your concept of god is different than the God I listen to.

So. What now.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

That was a great poem! I went to flag it but couldn't as I realised I had already done so when you posted it.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Enlil, the Sumerian god of Wind, was the chief god of the whole pantheon. He wasn't supplanted until Marduk came along and stole all the attributes of the gods and goddesses. He even took the lips of Inanna. That makes him a real cock biter. Yeah, I said it. Lips, man lips, Inanna's lips, stuck on his face, covering his teeth.

Marduk got the lying attribute from Enlil. It's all a lie. Marduk is a lie. Monotheism in concept itself could be a lie.

Please just if you have your own concept of God, present it here, no need to bring up ancient sources.

Now, if you don't have one, then just read what information you can and choose one or draft one from your readings, and bring it here, okay?

We will work together from as many concepts of God as we can together collect from one another, to arrive at the common agreed on concept of God, okay?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Please just if you have your own concept of God, present it here, no need to bring up ancient sources.

Why? So you can use false authority again and label it “religion”. When your the one being disingenuous about having proof of god. When you only have faith that your trying to push as evidence.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.
... .

Santa Claus exists in ideas, beliefs, in concepts.
A conceptual dream-home exists in my mind, but nowhere else.

What do you mean by : "God in concept..." ?

Wikipedia : Concept.

Concepts are defined as abstract ideas or general notions that occur in the mind, in speech, or in thought

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

In concept, gods may be found in ancient sources.

Here, allow me to break it down:

The ancients believed their gods, in concept, to be immortal.
In concept, therefore, they still exist, due to the definition of immortal.

edit on 29-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Now, if you don't have one, then just read what information you can and choose one or draft one from your readings, and bring it here, okay?

We will work together from as many concepts of God as we can together collect from one another, to arrive at the common agreed on concept of God, okay?

In a few simple words, god is a hypothesis. Allegedly the creator of this planet, and the surrounding celestial environment, and life as we know it. Unable to be tested and measured in any practical sense. Its existence depends on the presumption of certain properties which both necessitate its being and justify the absolute lack of concrete traces indicating its presence including those presumed properties. It is either not real or desperately avoiding detection at all costs.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: TzarChasm

No

Okay but really I insist. Can't unpost it so deal with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Where does this idea we need to prove the existence of God come from?

When someone used to ask me, do you believe there is a god, I was open for the possibility.

I figure it depends on how a person is wired.

The existence of things don't depend on what we think of them and most certainly when this thing is god.

There is desire for repeatable scientific evidence, well I don't have it, God is invisible. There is a man praying to Yahweh for ufo sightings whos prayers are answered and sightings occur, you can find videos of this person Prophet Yahweh on youtube. I assume repeatable answered prayers would count for evidence but it's not something I'm capable of currently.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What could count for evidence since God is invisible?

Answered prayers?
Healings?
Raising of the dead?

Would that even suffice?

Maybe God has something against the disbelievers and is like well # 'em. It's not like a god would be incapable.
edit on 30-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

There is a man praying to Yahweh for ufo sightings whos prayers are answered and sightings occur

That guy died years ago, with his grand finale never accomplished.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I didn't know. The videos were still around last time I checked. RIP
edit on 30-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Dear Neutron, you have nothing of any honest intelligent productive posting in this my thread.

Now, do some honest intelligent productive posting by answering this question from me:

Do you Neutron concur with me that you and I we exist, yes or no, and why?

Aside: The man will again as usual go astray.

originally posted by: neutronflux

Yeah. And your concept of god is different than the God I listen to.

So. What now.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Dear Nothin, can you comprehend these words from me? Below.

From the concept in our mind of God, we go forth into the world outside and independent of our mind, to seek for evidence pointing us to the existence and operation of God, yes in the world outside and independent of our mind, the world as like our neighborhood and our working environment - start from there.

Dear Nothin, relay my words above in your very own words, to tell readers that you do comprehend my above paragraph, okay?

Aside: The man will now probably claim that he can't understand my English.

originally posted by: Nothin

... .

Santa Claus exists in ideas, beliefs, in concepts.
A conceptual dream-home exists in my mind, but nowhere else.

What do you mean by : "God in concept..." ?

Wikipedia : Concept.

Concepts are defined as abstract ideas or general notions that occur in the mind, in speech, or in thought

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Dear readers, there will always be people who just will not stick to the topic in a conversation, why?

You ask them.

Here is the topic* of the conversation, God exists or not, and people must employ their honest intelligent productive brain to contribute to the conversation, whether they know God exists or they deny God exists.

Title of thread: Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

Author of thread: Pachomius

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM

OP of thread:
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join