It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dear neutronflux, please don't ask me to explain everything that I say but you are taking in the wrong or truncated meaning.

You seem to want to drown me in so many things which you allege to have read from me, in order that I will end up drowned altogether in explaining to you that what you understand is wrong because for example, by truncating my verbatim words.

Your intention is contrary to my proposal, namely, that we reach agreement, instead that we will never ever at all reach agreement on anything at all, about my transmission of thoughts here in this my thread.

My idea is that you produce a thought from your very own thinking that you want me and you to work on: as to produce or revise the thought from you into a thought that we both agree to be acceptable to us both.

So, again, think of something in re the thread here, in less than 50 words, and you and I will see how we will understand it together: as to produce in a way another thought that we agree on, even now with new words if need be, and how these words are located or positioned in the draft of the new thought we both now have come to.

Suppose you now according to my exposition in words above, think up something like on what it is to be existing, or anything at all, but is connected to the thread here, which thread exhibits the title thus:

"Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not."

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

I don’t need anything from you.

I am very firm and confident in my belief and faith in my God. And in the face of spiritual evil that rots souls, there is a spiritual source of goodness and purity. And quiet aware when my actions separate me from my God.

Your the one that seems uncomfortable with your god, and seeking validation. A journey that is ultimately your decision.

When we pass, we all take that last journey separated from the living around us.
edit on 14-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And what is right for me, is not right for other individuals.

Belief in God is personal, and based on individual experiences. Not some generic definition.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Okay!

Now tel me: Do you and I accept the fact that you and I exist, period?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
Okay!

Now tel me: Do you and I accept the fact that you and I exist, period?

I know I am flesh and bone with my soul fixed to a mortal body.

I am not sure what you are. An individual that switches between posting manually and a bot taking some of the load?

Thanks for your replies, but not one of you have a definition of the English word, God.

Here is my definition of God:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.

And you can have God without religion.

And you

Will you guys just employ some honest intelligent productive thinking, and contribute your idea on the meaning of the word evidence?

Either way. You slip in and out of character.

edit on 14-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Now....

Name of this thread “ Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.”

True?

You want “evidence” not faith? Is that false?

The establishment method to prove something is to clearly state a theory and test it with the baptism of the scientific method. Is that false.

The above is the road map to “prove” the existence of god. So use the scientific method to universally prove god exists.

What evidence are you going to cite and post first.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Are you processing, processing, processing, processing, processing......

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Will the system revert back to the factory set response...........

originally posted by: Pachomius
Dear readers, please read the text below under the caption [For your orientation], so that you will know what the thread is all about.

Okay, dear anyone here, please accept my invitation to you that you and I work together as to concur on the meaning of a word, so that at the end of our exchange of thoughts, we will have come to an agreed on meaning of the word.

Here is the word we are going to work on together as to come to an agreed on meaning of the word, namely, the word: evidence.

If you want to suggest another word instead of evidence, please do present your word, for us to work together as to come to the agreed meaning of the word you propose.

Why do I choose the word evidence? Because the thread here is on the issue God exists or not, and there are posters here who insist that there is no evidence for God existing.

[For your orientation]

For my definition of God: God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning." -Pachomius [17 words]

And for universe, my definition is the following: universe in concept is everything observable to man, in particular to scientists to study - most importantly in regard to its origin.

This is the title of the thread from Pachomius:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

[posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM]
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And if I am wrong. What does it matter to your god?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

Hi Pacho.
Get any interesting ideas yet ?
Get stuck on any particular terms, or definitions ?

( PS: am not sincerely seeking knowledge, but enjoy thought-exercises. )

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Proving God would be proving The Kingdom of God

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Hi Pacho.
Get any interesting ideas yet ?
Get stuck on any particular terms, or definitions ?

( PS: am not sincerely seeking knowledge, but enjoy thought-exercises.

My evidence that God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, is our existence, you and I and he she it.

Do you understand that?

I exist therefore God exists is as certain as that I exist therefore my papa and mama exist.

Dear Nothin, talk with me, okay?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hi. Thanks for the gracious invitation.
Am pleased to chat with you, although am only a thinker, and not seeking results, nor conclusions, necessarily.
Don't believe in much, so am not one whom would be easily convinced.
Don't even believe that this supposed consensual-reality, is really real.

Let's check to see if my understanding of your statement, is compatible with your intention:

My evidence that God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, is our existence, you and I and he she it.

Would that be close to saying that we are the creators, of God ?
Or perhaps it's about how consciousness reveals that which is larger than our small selves ?
Maybe it is a realization that all this would be impossible, without an almighty creator ?
Has God only come-about, because the concept is thought-of ?
What of someone whom contemplates their own existence, but doesn't come to the conclusion of a there being a creator ?

The second mama and papa statement: may benefit from being revised to the past tense, so that mama and papa must have somehow had a creation moment, but that moment is only inferred now, is it not ?

Seems to me that first statement could fit into many different beliefs, and world-views.
You see how difficult it is to come to an understanding ? Yet alone a conclusion, and or a proclamation of whether or not God exists ?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Abiogenesis or God, people are choosing these days.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

edit on 15-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: Added verse

See how it says that those who do not believe the truth are unrighteous.
edit on 15-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Dear Nothin, I am so glad to read your reply.

Forgive me, but please limit yourself to just one thought you want to interact with me on, because I fear that I am getting myself drowned when my interpellator comes forth with so many thoughts.

One thought at a time, okay?

So start with your most favorite one, or the most controversial one from my part.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

"Abiogenesis or God, people are choosing these days." -Out6of9Balance

As usual I always ask as to learn from people who bring up a word that I like very much to know more precisely what it is all about.

I know the word God, but abiogenesis, not so well versed at all, so please in brief, simple, and sharply focused language, tell me what you know about abiogenesis.

Is it a bird, an airplane, a meteor, or Superman?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Hi. Sorry for the overload. Will try to keep it more concise.

You made a statement:

...and asked me if it was understood.

My reply included a few possible interpretations, and the goal was to show you that your statement was not really understood by me.

So shall we just concentrate on that statement for now ?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It's something some people consider the source of life. It's possible they were lying about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Abiogenesis or God, people are choosing these days.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

See how it says that those who do not believe the truth are unrighteous.

Evolution isnt about being righteous, that's a political game. Philosophy isnt the point of MES and people seem to have a lot of trouble with that concept. They read the theory of evolution and they translate it into a very poor imitation of the actual science and jump straight to nihilism and existential crisis nonsense. If you want a reason to feel confident in your place in the universe, remember evolution is not therapy and shouldn't be used as such.
edit on 16-7-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

But Mother Nature will take care of you? If an asteroid, comet, or gamma radiation burst doesn’t end the earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join