It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
Advaita Vedanta is not a made up religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Advaita Vedanta is not a made up religion.

Quote where I said it was. I was referring to misquoting, or taking Jesus’s statements from the Bible out of context.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Dear neutronflux, please stop insisting that I am proving the existence of an entity by defining the word name of the entity.

That is not honest intelligent productive thinking on your part.

You seem to not know that without concurring on the meanings of words we cannot at all communicate, do you understand that?

So: definition of words gets us to know what we are talking about, and we are not at all proving already the existence of the object referred to in the word we define; in itself a definition is in precision intended by honest intelligent productive thinkers to enable humans to know what they are talking about with the use of words, do you understand that?

I hate to say this, but you have a very shallow brain.

That is why in many of your words here, I just abstain from responding to them, because your words are indicative of a very shallow brain, and I am not going to invest time and labor in my thread to give attention to your shallow ‘brained’ words.

When you write again to tell me something, suppose you do it this way, like asking me first, in re definition of God, Are you Pachomius defining the word God into existence?

Approach that way of writing and honest intelligent productive thinkers, which you should be, will interact with you.

But you are not the only one behaving like that, it is common among folks who are into - though it might not be from their part wittingly, yet the impression to me is that they are into wishy-washy nonsense talking except: perhaps to obstruct the thread here from bearing fruits of better knowledge for all who read my thread.

Dear readers, see if neutronflux will bring up another matter which is similarly shallow brained, instead of telling me that he understands my message here in this post.

Or if he is not getting me, then just let him tell me in his own words what to him appears to be what I am telling him, and I will confirm or inform him better so that he will understand my words correctly.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Dear neutronflux, please stop insisting that I am proving the existence of an entity by defining the word name of the entity.

What’s the name of this thread? “ Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.”

Do you have evidence regarding the god that created you, you know the thing, that would fit the requirements of the scientific method?

Can you even prove you where created by a god. I came forth from parents myself. Shrugs..

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Everyone who is keen on scientific evidence, please tell me what is your definition and four examples of what is scientific evidence.

I love my fellow humans and I don't need scientific evidence, but I do have evidence though.

If you really know what is scientific evidence, you can expound on it and give four examples, in less than 100 words - else you don't really know.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here is again my proof from objective evidence that God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning:

1. Our nose exists objectively.

2. It has objectively a beginning.

3. God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

4. Evidence is anything at all that exists objectively in the word outside our mind, or even just as concepts in our mind.

5. Therefore I have proof from objective evidence that God exists as corresponding to the concept of God, namely, God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Objection from wishy-washy folks: How do I make the transition from Nos. 1 - 4, to No. 5?

Tell you what, and I am into inviting you to do honest intelligent productive thinking, not just asking you a question in order to evade from the issue at hand...

Tell you what, say in your very own words what you understand of my words from No. 1 step to the and including the conclusion in No. 5, that will enable you to see the transition - unless you are in possession of a wishy-washy brain, in which case please excuse me from further exchanging thoughts with you.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Dear anyone here, please produce a text as coming from you as an honest intelligent productive thinker, in less than 50 words, and you challenge me and you to work together: so as to arrive at a mutually agreed on draft of your original less than 50 word text.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I always expect posters to do their very own thinking and writing, instead of bringing up materials from the internet or from the traditional library.

If you have read what you write about, then it is all right as long as you now use your very own words to expound on what you have learned from reading other thinkers - and I submit you need not have to mention that you read from some published works: unless you really don't get faithfully what your source authors are saying, and you are just parroting i.e. making sounds like a parrot.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If I don't reply to your words, it means that to me they are just product of wishy-washy thinking and writing.

Or they them words make up your opinion, and you have the freedom to voice your opinion, as I have the freedom to just abstain from reacting to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What is your definition of the word Concept?

My definition would be something like this:

Concept: An abstract idea or notion existing in the mind, thoughts, and language. They are building blocks for beliefs.

In a previous post you revealed that you get your concept of God as cause from monotheistic Christianism, Islamism, and Judaism. The evidence of the concept of God as cause is the existence of these monotheistic belief systems.

Statement of fact: The concept of God as cause exists in the minds, thoughts, and language of monotheists.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you anyone has the observation that I am preaching to myself, that is correct because I know myself to be an honest intelligent productive thinker and writer, and that is my way of monitoring myself to certify: whether I am into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing or not.

But my purpose here actually is to share with other souls who are to my observation also honest intelligent productive thinkers and writers - and hope to profit from their thinking and writing.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
From pthena:

My definition [of concept] would be something like this:

Concept: An abstract idea or notion existing in the mind, thoughts, and language. They are building blocks for beliefs.

Addendum from Pachomiuse (additum in bold):

Concept: An abstract idea or notion existing in the mind, thoughts, and language. They are building blocks for beliefs and generally knowledge.

Do do pthena see yourself as an honest intelligent productive thinker or a wishy-washy one?

Are you after the dissemination of knowledge or in obstruction unto the obscurantism of knowledge?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Dear pthena, when you say that I said something, please reproduce verbatim my words, okay?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So. Still, no proof god exists. Got it........

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

because I know myself to be an honest intelligent productive thinker and writer,

Your honesty was proven not credible on page four of this thread....

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

I see that you all wrongly conflate God with religion, you can have religion without God.

And you can have God without religion.

Really?

I don’t think this post was about religion?

originally posted by: neutronflux

The alternative is natural selection with the terms evil and good having absolutely no meaning.

Example: no god. Hitler was just practicing his dominance in a process of natural selection where the term evil has no meaning.

So the starting question is really, “do you believe an act can be good or evil, and why?”

First reply?

originally posted by: Akragon

perhaps you may want to start the convo?

I'll give ya a shove... No one can prove the existence of God to another...

Nothing about religion?

2nd reply?

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Akragon

Well there is that 1 way . That cheat of theology . Messengers with miracles. Easily proves existence of god . Everyone watches dead man rise , or blind see , or handicap walk .. Its game over. Sign me up !~ But do we get that today ? noo.....we gotta play the pick the right cup game lol

Nothing about religion?

Fourth reply?

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I think you'll need to define what you think God encompasses.

From my upbringing and personal philosophy, God existed before the universe began. He exists outside reality as we know it, can walk into and out of the universe the way an architect can walk in and out of a building he designed, has fundamental understanding and manipulation of the entirety of the universe because He designed it from the start, and thinks in ways beyond human comprehension.

So good luck with that.

What religion is this?

———————————-

Never trust the person that has to verbally say “trust me”

And never trust a person that has to advertise they are “honest”.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dear readers here, I am into an experiment although I have already tried it before very recently - but so I will to do it again.

Here it is, again.

Dear posters here, starting with neutronflux because he is in dire need of learning how to do honest intelligent productive thinking, let any poster in this my thread produce a text of less than 50 words, for he and I to work on as to arrive at a mutually agreed on draft accepted by us both.

You see, dear readers here, when I have come to any poster here who has successfully executed the experiment above with me, then we two can truly profit from each other toward the resolution of the issue, God exists or not.

Do you see, dear readers, when this experiment is undertaken with any poster here, one by one with me, sooner than later, we will come to a good group of posters here: who are into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing, in particular on the issue God exists or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Or you any poster here, undertake the experiment with me, I will be your pupil participant in the experiment, okay?

So, posters here, paging in particular neutronflux for he loves to expend time and labor on bandwidth wasting verbiage, what are you waiting for?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Still no evidence of god huh..........

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You

and that naughty atheists

Why are atheists naughty? You, yourself said your god is neither good nor evil? So your bringIng religion into this again? Don’t you try to banned “religious” people from this thread? But yet, you have not removed yourself from this thread?

and that naughty atheists who should know better were they into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing,

You, yourself said your god doesn’t require worship. Why bother believing? What is the punishment of an atheist who only believes in the natural process of creation verified by the scientific method, not the intellect behind creation? What makes an atheist naughty. Do you think they should be spanked? Strange?

Why would anyone bother to believe in your god? When your god doesn’t seem to have time for his creation. It’s like your god farted everything into existence, and then left the dimension?

—————-

If you had any integrity, you would hold yourself to the same standards you hold everyone else. And banned yourself from posting because you resorted to “religion”.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Why are atheists naughty again? That’s your judgement right? According to you, your god would not make a judgement either way? Or care?

edit on 10-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added care

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join