It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Are you able to question whether or not you are alive?

If you are, God exists.

How on earth does that prove god exists? That merely proves that you exist and that you have the mental capacity to question your existence...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I used to worry about GOD until I realised its just DOG spelt backwards, after that, I never bothered again.
edit on 25 6 2020 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is the title of the thread:

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

And the OP is as follows:

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

Thanks for your replies, but not one of you have a definition of the English word, God.

Here is my definition of God:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

So, as you all are literate in English, just try to think of a definition of God, the English word.

And we will all work together with honest intelligent productive thinking to attain agreement on the concept of God, so that we can reason to the existence of an entity in the realm of existence, that corresponds to the concept we have reached concurrence on, or that no entity in the realm of existence corresponds to the mutually agreed on concept of God.

Please remember to proffer your definition of God, otherwise readers will not know what your are talking about, although you are literate in English.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
So if you disprove morality you can disprove God?

That's interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Anyone who wishes or thinks they can discuss whether or not GOD exists lacks basic intelligence and common sense in the first place because its a no brainer that religion and the idea of a GOD is BS, man made, stupid, illogical and down right ridiculous!
Open all 3 eyes and thou shall see the BS!
The stupidity of humans is beyond me and belief!

My apologies for the direct on the nail perspective but............................................................come on get a grip people. Are you having a laugh. Take a look at the excrement that surrounds your everyday lives. Be real, get real and then deal with the real. Don't clutch a crutch because you can't face what is obvious reality!!!

Having said the above, yall all have a good day, be safe, be kind but drop the sh.t!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius
God is another word for non conceptual awareness.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
God is all seeing and knowing.
The appearance is constantly changing but God never appears or changes.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Saint Francis of Assisi said 'What we are looking for is what is looking'.

So you can seek and look for God forever but you will never find God ........cause you are looking in the wrong direction........turn around and look to what is looking......seek the seeker.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
What is god? Is the first question.
Logic and our knowledge so far has not found one iota of evidence that this elusive god exists.
Furthermore, why would he only bother with puny humans and ignore all other life?
Thinking one is special is a kind of weakness.
Some think animals are less intelligent than humans merely because they have the audacity not to do everything the same as we do. Now beings who are that stupid are not the apex of evolution. Dinosaurs lasted a few million years longer, they certainly did something right.
Did your god bother talking to them?
I doubt it, because believing in a higher being just because we don't understand something is a lazy cop put only humans could come up with. We are herd animals and we need a leader, that simple.

Now what if god is exactly as described in the bible [which itself is a compilation of many stories over many centuries]?
Somehow 2000 years ago he kind of bothered to send a son of his, still nobody actually saw god but hey, a son that looks human is evidence right?
Oh yeah, he could turn water into wine. Cool. We can do this too nowadays. You get powdered wine and hey presto!
Hungry? Here, let me electrocute those fish for you.
Resurrected? Maybe not actually dead? What did they know then, David Blane would be their new jesus and all he does is very clever tricks.
If there was really only one jesus, I am sure af he was human. Maybe he had some ancient knowledge still left over from previous civilisations. I am an atheist bit he sounded ok to go for a beer with and have a good conversation with.

Still, no evidence of a god,

We have to change our thinking. KNowing for sure that the puny human loves to call anyone a god who amazes them does not fare well with a magic being so big it created the universe but still knows what KAren worries about?? Yeah right.
We create ant farms but we have no idea what MRRR thinks or does.

What if some of the crazy sounding [but much more logic] ideas are true?
Then it all falls into place.

Advanced beings come to us. Are seen as gods [plural]. We keep some rituals as they swann off because we are so dumb, we are amazed by them. Then stories are written. Then stories get rewritten and then rewritten again, sometimes in times where they are told to add a bit more scary 'oomph' to keep the dirty masses in check. Hell sounds good. Add hell.
The 'god sees everything' is just good old fashioned fear mongering, again to rule the idiots. [Sounds eeriely familliar with the news making sure there is always something to worry about].

Did these gods create the universe? Nope, they were probably just inhabitants like us.

Last but not least, lets go with the omnipotent and omnipresent god that breathed life into the universe. Lets imagine there is someone like that. He surely dwells in some sort of dimension, which means he is not of here, which would explain that we never see him. That would surely make an interesting being but again I doubt he knows exactly what he did and how it's gonna pan out. Which wouldn't make him special, only someone we idolise because he's different.
He could be the equivalent of a scientist in his reality. I could even go with this despite being an atheist, as it still means he ain't nothing special, just another being which has to adhere to the natural laws wherever he/she dwells.

Prayers [wishes etc] and curses work, not because of god but because we have not yet figured out how we are all connected.
LAst but not least, when you die, there are only two options.
One is that your conscience stays but gets mingled in with all others or whatever and maybe you get reborn [another thing we have not touched scientifically] or there is nada, nichts, nothing.
The former, including reincarnation needs no god. If it exists it is just one more natural cycle like billions of others.

So no, there is no biblical god as described in any holy book. If there ever was something, it was of this reality and somehow amazed us apes so much we can't stop talking about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
What is god? Is the first question.
Logic and our knowledge so far has not found one iota of evidence that this elusive god exists.

Their is extensive contemporary evidence that He lives . they're not sharing.
…. ask around

If there ever was something, it was of this reality and somehow amazed us apes so much we can't stop talking about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
God is the total potential of our collective conscious.
The more intelligent we as a whole are, the more intelligent god would be.
The more complex we are as a whole, the more complex god would be.
God is just ‘all of our consciousness’.
Back when there was just ‘simple’ animal life and no thinking modern man, god was pretty simple. Just like the birds and the bees that probably don’t sit around and think about dying.

When man is angry in the world, then so is god.

Nothing can be destroyed. Energy just goes somewhere else. Same thing with our hopes and ideas, they become god.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge, I submit that it is possible for any person to come to resolve the issue God exists or not, with honest intelligent productive thinking, i.e., thinking on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas. Now, honest intelligent productive thinking on the said issue must start with working together to concur on the concept of God. What do you dear colleagues here say?

[Please everyone, bear with me, I still have to re-learn how to write in ATS forum, as I used to know some over two years ago.]

Based on my personal experience about life on earth, yes, there are higher forms of life/existence. Our reality is only one layer in the ultimate onion.

Are they gods?

I think not, even if we used to believe that some time ago, but they can appear as godlike.

Quite possible that they created us.

What even is a god?

Our brains and our experiences are very limited to be asking such questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

On the assumption that mankind sincerely seeks knowledge,

LOL! Where did you ever get that assumption? Haven't you learned that people only seek what they want to seek, and in MANY cases, knowledge takes a backseat to ideology?

edit on 25-6-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
People look out at how Big the univers is and it scears them.
so they make up god. And make it so they are god favorite,
even angel are jealous of us! What? big head or what.
but that makes them feel safe.

No god just us in a endlessly big univers.
no one is making you safe.
so START looking after your selfs AND each other.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Imma miss your insane rambling when this place is gone.
I kind of do street corner talking and I like Freestyle huh all apologies

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

May I take litterary license to say this scripture says the mystery of God will be resolved he's going to fix it to where everybody knows Israel especially but everybody will know scripture says.

The mystery of God will be resolved

I can do you better than that the holy spirit inside of me ....I can tell us when the mystery of God will be resolved this summer by August
edit on 25-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius Consider, if you haven't already, purchasing a 78 card Tarot deck. Ask questions. You might just find what you are looking for. IMO. It's not a bunch of hooey. Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

[Please everyone, bear with me, I still have to re-learn how to write in ATS forum, as I used to know some over two years ago.]

You say prove God exists??? I say look around and you can see his Creation...I also say prove God doesn't exist...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
First you would have to define what God is, before you can prove existence. You would also have to define God's relationship in reference to this reality, you need context. Since according to scripture, which speaks like a politician, this is a finite deterministic reality with no free will, except when man is more powerful than God and has free will, it becomes a bit confusing. Of course mental masturbation does sometimes seem the way to absolute truths by denying the existence of everything. When nothing exists only the truth remains, right?

Before trying to prove or disprove that God exists, you might want to prove or disprove that you exist, in relation to this virtual reality construct.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The alternative is natural selection with the terms evil and good having absolutely no meaning.

Example: no god. Hitler was just practicing his dominance in a process of natural selection where the term evil has no meaning.

So the starting question is really, “do you believe an act can be good or evil, and why?”

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join