It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: neutronflux

What use is your little g god to me?

How do you use your God?

How do you honor God to serve your fellow brothers and sisters.?

I am not pure and perfect by any means. But I believe and try. And been a small part of things that do change lives.

How does Pachomius little g god impact lives?

edit on 20-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

So Pachomius wants secular people to believe in god that denying has no impact on ones life over believing. A little g god that has the same effect on one’s life in believing as in denying?

A little g god that has no effect on ones life no matter the state of a person’s belief?

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Randyvine

So Pachomius wants secular people to believe in god that denying has no impact on ones life over believing. A little g god that has the same effect on one’s life in believing as in denying?

A little g god that has no effect on ones life no matter the state of a person’s belief?

Hmmmm

That certainly won't fly will it? Carry on!
edit on 20-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

This might be better wording.

You want people who don’t believe in god, who see no evidence of god? To believe in a god if one chooses to believe in will have no measurable impact on that individual’s life, and no tangible result. With the same end result of denying as believing? As if god didn’t exist in one’s life at?

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

Dear Neutron, let you and me talk about existence, okay?

I tell you there are two kinds ultimately of existence, permanent existence and transient existence.

I must commend you all for your learning and subtle intelligence.

Still I can and do make this categorical statement:
"There are two kinds ultimately of existence, permanent existence and transient existence."

Can you persons of learning and subtle intelligence refute my statement?

Well, Neutron is entitled to his God from religion, his religion.

I am into God from reason, and He is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

Now, Neutron, you can continue to chant your fallacious mantra that my exposition is circular reasoning, but you cannot deny that God in my exposition is all of existence in the object world and in the concept world, and also He ascertains that your nose does not fall off uncertainly from your face, even though you are not engaged in acts of relating to your God all the time very second and everywhere, which is not the fact.

In brief words, my finding from my investigation of existence is that God exists and He is the permanent and self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

In brief words: God and existence are identical in regard to the component of existence that is permanent, and He is the cause of existence in regard to the component that is transient.

Further affiant sayeth naught.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You

Well, Neutron is entitled to his God from religion, his religion.

As, opposed to your religion?

I am into God from reason

No. Your into circular logic that’s not actual tangible proof of your little g god.

I have a personal relationship with my God. How does your god impact your life?

and He is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

Different from your little g god existing in your mind, and your mind alone?

And the beginning of the universe is explained by the Big Bang with actual physical evidence. Is that false?

What’s your tangible evidence your little g god created the universe. Oh, it’s down to your faith. And faith in your own logic and mind.

Now, Neutron, you can continue to chant your fallacious mantra that my exposition is circular reasoning,

I am not the only one that has pointed out your logic is circular, and not actual tangible proof. Is that a false statement.

You

but you cannot deny that God in my exposition is all of existence in the object world and in the concept world, and also He ascertains that your nose does not fall off uncertainly from your face,

Again...

You want people who don’t believe in god, who see no evidence of god? To believe in a god if one chooses to believe in will have no measurable impact on that individual’s life, and no tangible result. With the same end result of denying as believing? As if god didn’t exist in one’s life at?

Be honest. What difference in a person’s life does it make if they deny/don’t believe in your little g god. You want people to believe in something that if it does exist, it’s the same effect on that person’s life as if god did not exist.

Please go on.

The depth of idiotic circular logic is breathtaking, and you cannot cite how believing in your little g god impacts your life?

You

even though you are not engaged in acts of relating to your God all the time very second and everywhere, which is not the fact.

So your little g god is in love and hate?

In brief words, my finding from my investigation of existence

No, you fabricated a god in your image in your own mind. Investigation is not declaring your thoughts righteous, and dismissing other person’s experiences.

In brief words: God and existence are identical in regard to the component of existence that is permanent, and He is the cause of existence in regard to the component that is transient.

Further affiant sayeth naught.

Really?

Love and hate exist, but according to you exist independent of your little g god. Is that false? So, by your own words, God and existence are NOT identical.

And the Big Bang, which there is proof of, is an explanation for the creation of the universe without god.

edit on 20-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Made more true to posters context

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't know what you are talking about, Neutron, except that I know your God is what I call God from religion, in particular the religion of Christianism, in which believers hold their God to maintain a favored attitude toward His believers, but not outsiders.

From my part I investigate existence from reason and arrive at the rational certainty that God exists, and He is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending: that is why I call God, God from reason.

God from reason is the cause of everything that is not God, as He is the cause so also is He the operator of everything in existence that is not Himself, one of His jobs as creator and operator is to ensure that the nose of man everywhere and all the time does not fall off uncertainly, so also stars in the sky.

That implies of course that God is of a size that is co-extensive with the universe, and the universe is within Him, and He can take the universe including mankind from existence when He so wants to, however He Himself continues to exist permanently, that is why He is known by me as permanent in existence and is self-existent.

Yes, God from reason is identical to existence in regard to permanent existence, and is the cause of existence in regard to the existence that is transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

Yes, dear persons who are into investigation of existence like Yours truly, God from reason is not like God from religion, for example as with Neutron.

That means we who are into investigation of existence, we don't expect anything to come from God by way of His being favored toward people who hold Him to be their God - as for example, with Neutron and His God from religion.

Then what do I and people like myself, what do we hope to get from God?

Nothing at all except that He causes us to be in existence and also other things, like keeping our nose on our face so that it does not fall off uncertainly, that is also the fact with for guys like Neutron, i.e. in addition to rewarding guys like Neutron with heaven when they i.e. Neutron and his kind of God believers - when they die.

When we die, we who are into investigation of God, the God from reason, then we become extinct, period.

So, what do I do with God from reason?

Simple, I continue to investigate Him and enjoy contemplating the wonders of His workmanship, there!

With guys like Neutron and his kind, with their God from religion, they can end up in hell upon their death, for not doing deeds worthy of their God from their religion of Christanism.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You

God is what I call God from religion,

Really. Faith in my God is a call to serve fellow humankind.

What’s your self produced little g god created in your own mind and in your own image ever done for me? Tangible proof your little g god exists outside your own mind.

In fact, your post really seem a parody on the concept god cannot exist without the imagination of man.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You

God from reason is the cause of everything that is not God, as He is the cause so also is He the operator of everything

Not according to you.

Addendum 2

For all ye self-smart colleagues here, no need to bring in good and evil to factor in on the issue God exists or not.

When and if ever you get to see the big picture of things, i.e. on the realm of existence above all other realms, that realm of existence where God dwells, there is neither good nor evil, it is all pure existence.

Good and evil, that is what humans do to fellow humans, and starting with evil or with good feelings and deeds toward one another.

Answer the question, if your god is everywhere. How can your little g god not be in love?

And what is pure “existence”. And can he dwell here in the physical world. And if your little g god only dwells in pure existence, then your god isn’t everywhere?
edit on 21-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
When you quote something/someone....don"t just take a snippet out ......I have bolded the little bit you used to quote Pachomius below.

I don't know what you are talking about, Neutron, except that I know your God is what I call God from religion,in particular the religion of Christianism, in which believers hold their God to maintain a favored attitude toward His believers, but not outsiders.

edit on 21-5-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   

And what is pure “existence”. And can he dwell here in the physical world.

I think that 'pure existence' is what is occuring presently.

Thought assumes lots of things that are not.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

When you quote something/someone....don"t just take a snippet out ......I have bolded the little bit you used to quote Pachomius below.

I don't know what you are talking about, Neutron, except that I know your God is what I call God from religion,in particular the religion of Christianism, in which believers hold their God to maintain a favored attitude toward His believers, but not outsiders.

How’s Pachomius “evidence” any different than other religions? That’s the point.
edit on 21-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The point is, you misquoted Pachomius.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The point is, you misquoted Pachomius.

Ok? How does that change the context of my post?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The whole of your post shows that you are having trouble comprehending what Pachomius wrote in the post you replied to.

This question in the post:

What’s your self produced little g god created in your own mind and in your own image ever done for me?

It has already been answered at length in the post you replied to.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The whole of your post shows that you are having trouble comprehending what Pachomius wrote.

This question in the post:

What’s your self produced little g god created in your own mind and in your own image ever done for me?

has already been answered at length in the post you replied to.

Then quote specifically where the individual shows they have more credible proof of god of his religion over other religions?

See. Even discussing his views as religion makes sense.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It is you who insists that he is speaking about religion.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

See. This is where I can detach myself of my faith and look from the outside on the question of god.

So. The evidence of Pachomius‘ little g god is so evident that god has only chosen Pachomius as the only true profit? And Pachomius is the gateway to truth?

How does Pachomius have a more inside track on the truth of god say more than Gautama Buddha?

edit on 21-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

In fact. The better question is this. What faith has Pachomius proven has being a false religion?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So. What faith that you mislabel as religion have you proven to be false?

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join