It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did you find the Honest intelligent productive thinking person?
Well you just may find God first.

Is god verry inteligen advancs't alien ?

or are we just sceard and in fascination of the magical and unknow.
so we make up God, that keeps us safe and gives us meaning.

It is You who is magical............

and if i told you who/what made us
you would Never belive me.
so it is best you dont know.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Dear Buddha, I wonder if you can find out how or what is the mechanism that enables a toy car - it is purely mechanical, powered by a coil spring, namely, the mechanism enables the car to run to the edge of a table but not fall off the edge, instead it turns around and continues running toward another side of the table, but also does not fall off the edge, instead again it turns around and continues running.

When you can imagine the mechanism, then I will grant that you have enough intelligence to think through the issue God exists or not, otherwise you can just continue to depend on meditation to get to I don't know what kind of enlightenment at all.

Buddha posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:19 AM

Did you find the Honest intelligent productive thinking person?
Well you just may find God first.

Is god verry inteligen advancs't alien ?

or are we just sceard and in fascination of the magical and unknow.
so we make up God, that keeps us safe and gives us meaning.

It is You who is magical............

and if i told you who/what made us
you would Never belive me.
so it is best you dont know.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Dear everyone, I just posted a message in another net forum, please comment on it.

From existence to the existence of God. -Title of thread
-----------------------------------

Dear everyone reading my thread, I have now this idea below on how to resolve the issue God exists or not:
1. We imagine how big is God, and my imagination is that He is as large and larger than all existence: because He contains all existence and is the creator cause of all existence that is distinct from Himself and in fact is created by Him, and He is permanent and self-existent - that is my imagination.

2. Now, we investigate our existence, and from factual experience we come to certainty that we are transient beings, namely, we have a beginning and an ending, i.e. we don't exist permanently and from our own self-existence - this is true from factual experience by all humans.

3. Since we don't have permanent self-existence, we need another being to bring us into existence - this is not my imagination, but a factual certainty following from our factual knowledge that we are transient beings.

4. Now we go forth into the world to search for a being that qualifies to be our creator cause, and we search everywhere, even in my imagination of God in num 1 above.

5. I observe that the entity that qualifies to be our creator cause is the God of my imagination in num 1 above.

6. I see that it follows there is factually such a being in existence that corresponds to my imagined God in num 1 above.

7. Therefore, it is obvious that in objective reality independent of my imagination, God does exist in fact, in concept in num 1 above.

Dear everyone, please comment on my step by step process to come to the existence of God in concept as enunciated in num 1, and please cite the number of my enumerated step that you are commenting on.

See, forums.delphiforums.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

What do you say, dear colleagues here, is all that processing (see below in quote) nothing but the fallacies of begging the question and circular reasoning?

Tell me, I love to learn from you all.

Dear everyone reading my thread, I have now this idea below on how to resolve the issue God exists or not:

1. We imagine how big is God, and my imagination is that He is as large and larger than all existence: because He contains all existence and is the creator cause of all existence that is distinct from Himself and in fact is created by Him, and He is permanent and self-existent - that is my imagination.

2. Now, we investigate our existence, and from factual experience we come to certainty that we are transient beings, namely, we have a beginning and an ending, i.e. we don't exist permanently and from our own self-existence - this is true from factual experience by all humans.

3. Since we don't have permanent self-existence, we need another being to bring us into existence - this is not my imagination, but a factual certainty following from our factual knowledge that we are transient beings.

4. Now we go forth into the world to search for a being that qualifies to be our creator cause, and we search everywhere, even in my imagination of God in num 1 above.

5. I observe that the entity that qualifies to be our creator cause is the God of my imagination in num 1 above.

6. I see that it follows there is factually such a being in existence that corresponds to my imagined God in num 1 above.

7. Therefore, it is obvious that in objective reality independent of my imagination, God does exist in fact, in concept in num 1 above.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I don't believe you.

You are getting rather rude to posters because you don't want anything but your concept.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Itisnowagain posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:10 PM

(From Pachomius) Tell me, I love to learn from you all.

I don't believe you.

You are getting rather rude to posters because you don't want anything but your concept.

Forgive me, but does Hindi mean also an Indian of the country India - see, I need to learn from you.

Am I correct that you are an Indian of the country India?

'

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Dear Itisnowagain, please look up this post (as follows) in the carm.org forum, that got me banned for some five days - the second time, I guess on the complaints of my adversaries there, forums.carm.org...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations. Your ban will be lifted on Jan 25, 2021 at 12:19 PM.

Itisnowagain posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:10 PM

(From Pachomius) Tell me, I love to learn from you all.

I don't believe you.

(Softly, hehehehehe.)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Gervais said it best for me; (to a Christian)

There are about 3,000 gods to choose from… Basically, you deny one less God than I do. You don’t believe in 2,999 gods. And I don’t believe in just one more.

Doesn't prove anything, speaks volumes.
edit on 24-1-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

There are about 3,000 gods to choose from… Basically, you deny one less God than I do. You don’t believe in 2,999 gods. And I don’t believe in just one more.

You see, with mankind that is educated and honestly intelligently and productively informed in their thinking, the God that the God knowers are talking about, it is the God with G in upper case.

So, you have got to ask the knowers of God (with G in upper case) what is their concept of God, for leaving it up to you, like your icon one Bertrand Russell,* you will insist that God is a flying spaghetti monster.

*God is an orbiting teapot in space. -Bertrand Russell

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

You see, with mankind that is educated and honestly intelligently and productively informed in their thinking, the God that the God knowers are talking about, it is the God with G in upper case.

So, you have got to ask the knowers of God (with G in upper case) what is their concept of God, for leaving it up to you, like your icon one Bertrand Russell,* you will insist that God is a flying spaghetti monster.

*God is an orbiting teapot in space. -Bertrand Russell

I chose not to use the capital G, but you are correct. The Christian God only is required (grammar wise) to use the capital G. My mistake.

Also, Bertrand Russell isn't my icon, not sure why you assumed this? I quoted Ricky Gervais, who also is not my icon, I don't have an icon.

So, you don't believe in (approx) 2999 gods (capital not needed here) and I don't believe in just 1 more than that. We're not so different, right?

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Dear Finally, I love to exchange thoughts with you.

(To readers, he will leave now from my thread here.)

Addendum, and don't neglect to see the fallacies of begging the question and circular reasoning in the above explanation why God exists.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

And I am disappointed with you, dear Finally, that you have to bring in a thought from someone I have no idea who he is at all.

I prefer very much that posters do their own thinking instead of at all dropping names of I don’t know from Adam and Eve, because it betrays you to be bereft of thinking for yourself.

(You say) Also, Bertrand Russell isn't my icon, not sure why you assumed this? I quoted Ricky Gervais, who also is not my icon, I don't have an icon.

I bring up Bertrand Russell in order to inform mankind not to take the dude seriously when the issue is God exists or not, because he is doing nothing of any logical thinking when the issue is God exists or not, he just wants to justify his being unconventional in his sex morality during his times in Victorian England.
When you want to quote or bring in some name supposedly some sort of intellectual, it must be just in order to criticize him and nothing else, because you can and must think and write for yourself and by your very own thinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

And I am disappointed with you, dear Finally, that you have to bring in a thought from someone I have no idea who he is at all.

I prefer very much that posters do their own thinking instead of at all dropping names of I don’t know from Adam and Eve, because it betrays you to be bereft of thinking for yourself.

(You say) Also, Bertrand Russell isn't my icon, not sure why you assumed this? I quoted Ricky Gervais, who also is not my icon, I don't have an icon.

I bring up Bertrand Russell in order to inform mankind not to take the dude seriously when the issue is God exists or not, because he is doing nothing of any logical thinking when the issue is God exists or not, he just wants to justify his being unconventional in his sex morality during his times in Victorian England.
When you want to quote or bring in some name supposedly some sort of intellectual, it must be just in order to criticize him and nothing else, because you can and must think and write for yourself and by your very own thinking.

I brought up Gervais' quote as it's something I too have previously pondered over, but have never managed to put in so few words. And it's still a statement that speak volumes imo.

Maybe that's why you chose to completely ignore it? 🙄

Still not sure why you wanted to send a message to makind about Bertrand in a reply to me, and to tell me he was my icon, but that was cute anyway.

Your attempt to embarras me in front of your huge audience failed btw, you sound like you think you're the messiah himself, except your prediction about me leaving the thread was wrong. The irony!

Ricky Gervais is a comedian btw

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

No comment.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Please everyone, I love to learn from you, what do you think of my explanation for the existence of God, see below in quote.

Suppose you just put your focus on just one num step at a time, any one step.

Addendum, and don't neglect to see if any fallacy is involved, any in particular the fallacies of begging the question and circular reasoning in the above explanation why God exists.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

edit on 25-1-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was raised Presbyterian. And, I am a non-denominational minister.

When I was a kid, I asked the Head Minister at FPC in Pitt, “Sir, so do all of the other people who do not believe like us, do they all go to hell?“

“And also, so, for the millennia before Christ was born, did all of those souls go to hell too?“

The answer back was, I don't know. If his religion is true, the answer should have been YES.

Read Eben Alexanders book, Proof of Heaven.

Is there a God? Yes, I sincerely believe there is. BUT.

The over 4300 different religions that currently exist on this 3rd rock from the sun, all try to bend God into their framework, OR in some cases, people worship frogs.

I have relatives that simply will not even visit me. They are a sect (cult actually) of Christianity that has molded their vision of what is right.

When a mortal human starts to dictate to you, what you must do to be “saved“, and it goes against your core soul, PAY ATTENTION AND WALK AWAY.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

I am talking about the God of religion, I am sorry that you had a God of religion.

Now, will you do some honest intelligent productive thinking and help me to learn more on the God of reason, by making comments on my latest idea about the existence of God, how I now explain why and how there is a God, i.e. the God of reason.

Annex

Please everyone, I love to learn from you, what do you think of my explanation for the existence of God, see below in quote.

Suppose you just put your focus on just one num step at a time, any one step.

Addendum, and don't neglect to see if any fallacy is involved, any in particular the fallacies of begging the question and circular reasoning in the above explanation why God exists.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I already thoroughly destroyed your entire premise in a few sentences, several pages back.

edit on 26-1-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ringsofsaturn777

Rings posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:22 PM

a reply to: Pachomius: I already thoroughly destroyed your entire premise in a few sentences, several pages back.

Hahahaha, ho hum.

There, now you know I am a narcissist.

Hahahahahaha, hohohohoho humhumhumhum.

See? I am such an unbearable self-important narcicissist.

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join