It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise
Nothing stands apart from reality πŸ˜€

Extract - Science of the Sages
www.advaita.org.uk...

edit on 29-12-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

You

Dear Neutron, we meet again and I was almost despairing that you would be gone forever from my thread here.

I don’t think I addressed you.

Good luck to your ego trip.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
Dear Pachomius,

I wouldn't call it a democracy, but it's not that there is a creator God sitting above or outside of His creation.

Dear Never Despise, you tell me: " . . . it's not that there is a creator God sitting above or outside of His creation."

I never say that, what I say about God is the following:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:33 PM

Dear Never Despise, I am asking you whether you are of the idea that all things in existence are into some sort of democracy.

I think no.

From my honest critical thinking, all things in existence are under at least one permanent self-existent entity, and everything else not this one entity comes from this one entity, I call this one entity God, and I define this God as follows:

God in concept is the permanent self-existent creator cause of man and the universe and everything transient and with a beginning.

Please forgive me, try to employ honest critical thinking, to answer the question: Is there one God or everything in existence is into some kind of a democracy?

Do you have a concept of God? Let me read your concept of God.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

www.advaita.org.uk...

Dear Itisnowagain, you seem to depend a lot on ancient Hindu texts, forgive me, but have you done something from your observation of reality, like the babies and roses in your neighborhood, and acquire an insight, that God is all the time keeping babies and roses operating and staying alive?

But of course, I understand from you that you will see them babies and roses to be illusion?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

www.advaita.org.uk...

But of course, I understand from you that you will see them babies and roses to be illusion?

Then you are not understanding at all!!

Where have I said anything about babies and roses being illusory?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There is only one thing, one being.....and it is God.

(just 2.10 mins).

edit on 30-12-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"Psychedelic nonduality and the experience of being "God" - a conversation with Martin Ball"

edit on 30-12-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Perhaps I got you wrongly that you are preaching everything is illusion?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Sorry, perhaps I got you wrongly that you are preaching everything is illusion?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Please everyone, just speak from your own thinking, because with citing some authorities which are only authorities to yourselves, you are wasting your time because your authorities are not authorities to others.

Now, if you get your ideas from your authorities, then just say that you got your ideas from others whom you take to be your authorities, without mentioning who they are.

If ideas are solid they stand on themselves, no need to appeal to authorities.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My latest idea is that studying existence leads man to come to the existence of God, in concept as the permanent self-existent creator cause of man and the universe and everything transient and with a beginning.

What do you say about that, everyone here?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

My latest idea is that studying existence leads man to come to the existence of God, in concept as the permanent self-existent creator cause of man and the universe and everything transient and with a beginning.

What do you say about that, everyone here?

Start with the fact and the truth that we are transient entities, we therefore ultimately need an entity that is permanent and self-existent to have brought us up into existence.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
What makes you believe that you are a transient entity?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Please bear with me, I know (not believe) that I am transient because I had a beginning at birth and will have an ending upon my death.

And I am certain you also are transient, take care you don't get infected with the Covid-19 virus, for if you do, you could be close to death, that makes you a transient being.

So, what enables me to know for a certainty that I am a transient entity? The fact and the truth that there have been all living entities or humans like myself, who had come to life with their birth and have ceased to stay in existence upon their death, and I will not be different from them.

All mankind are transient beings, that is the fact and the truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Please bear with me, I know (not believe) that I am transient because I had a beginning at birth and will have an ending upon my death.

And I am certain you also are transient, take care you don't get infected with the Covid-19 virus, for if you do, you could be close to death, that makes you a transient being.

So, what enables me to know for a certainty that I am a transient entity? The fact and the truth that there have been all living entities or humans like myself, who had come to life with their birth and have ceased to stay in existence upon their death, and I will not be different from them.

All mankind are transient beings, that is the fact and the truth.

I think I have found a way to show how from existence we come to the existence of God.

1. From experience, we know that we are transient entities, i.e. we have a beginning with our birth from our papa and mama, and we have an end upon our death.

2. This calls for the existence of an entity that is permanent and self-existent, to explain our transient essence.

3. Since num 1 premise is a fact and a truth, it follows that num 2 requires that we conclude, thus in num 4 as follows:

4. God exists in concept as the permanent self-existent creator cause of man and the universe and everything transient and with a beginning.

N.B. I have tried this explanation for God's existence in other forums.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I am interested in hearing what response you got.
What replies did you receive on other forums?
I bet you did not receive 152 pages worth of replies on any other forum but ats lol.

Please let me know what answer/reply you liked best

edit on 1-1-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I bet you did not receive 152 pages worth of replies on any other forum but ats lol.

Well, I meet with atheists who ascribe to all kinds of what I see to be irrational thinking if it is any thinking at all.

You see, my impression is that atheists are into to their core evasions of all kinds from the issue itself of God exists or not.

For example, they resort to concepts of God like that God is similar to an orbiting teapot in space (Bertrand Russell), and they following the idol of theirs, by calling God a flying spaghetti monster, an invisible pink unicorn, tooth fairy, etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dear everyone here, I care to learn from you, give me your comments to my step by step explanation of God's existence from my study of existence which leads me to the fact and truth of His existence.

Make comments to each step, see below:

1. From experience, we know that we are transient entities, i.e. we have a beginning with our birth from our papa and mama, and we have an end upon our death.

2. This calls for the existence of an entity that is permanent and self-existent, to explain our transient essence.

3. Since num 1 premise is a fact and a truth, it follows that num 2 requires that we conclude, thus in num 4 as follows:

4. God exists in concept as the permanent self-existent creator cause of man and the universe and everything transient and with a beginning.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Well, I meet with atheists who ascribe to all kinds of what I see to be irrational thinking if it is any thinking at all.

You see, my impression is that atheists are into to their core evasions of all kinds from the issue itself of God exists or not.

For example, they resort to concepts of God like that God is similar to an orbiting teapot in space (Bertrand Russell), and they following the idol of theirs, by calling God a flying spaghetti monster, an invisible pink unicorn, tooth fairy, etc.

Okay but that doesn't explain why you are still fixated on this topic after 150 pages of dialogue and zero progress, what are you trying to achieve aside from completely wasting your time?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

From Tzar
Okay but that doesn't explain why you are still fixated on this topic after 150 pages of dialogue and zero progress, what are you trying to achieve aside from completely wasting your time?

----------------------

Because I am still into learning from others who are more honest intelligent and productive than myself.

Okay, Tzar, teach me something in less than 100 words, and I will see whether you have something worth my labor and time and brain matter to assimilate, okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join